Help With Understanding A & B Nutrients

• Thread starter TheGreenGroomer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

hey guys is there anyone is this forum that could possibly help me get my head around this topic..
so with nutrients you must give more nitrogen in the veg stage and to lower it down in flower whilst increasing phosphorus & pottasium..
what im trying to understand is i have Bottle A (3.9-0-0) + Bottle B (1.8-2.1-4.6) so if in veg stage i should be giving more nitrogen do i dose more of Bottle A ?
my feed chart is saying the same ml-dosages for both bottles so im so confused as i am a beginner grower :)

nutrients im using are Shogun Samurai Coco Pack

any help will be really appreciated... <3

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

hey guys is there anyone is this forum that could possibly help me get my head around this topic..
so with nutrients you must give more nitrogen in the veg stage and to lower it down in flower whilst increasing phosphorus & pottasium..
what im trying to understand is i have Bottle A (3.9-0-0) + Bottle B (1.8-2.1-4.6) so if in veg stage i should be giving more nitrogen do i dose more of Bottle A ?
my feed chart is saying the same ml-dosages for both bottles so im so confused as i am a beginner grower :)

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

No, just looked up the product for a feed chart.
Personally run botanicare kind but it has been discontinued.
At some point I will need to switch to something.
Your product is simliar to many, calmag and a@b .
Mine is a base and bloom or base grow .
Preaty much the same idea.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

so through out the whole grow phase im giving the same ml dosages of both A&B when i want to cut down nitrogen slightly in Veg do i just give less of Bottle A?

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

By the looks of the chart your correct , the same of each.
4ml of each for the first three weeks of flower then it gets less.
It’s fancy in that it uses the same mix all the time, have seen this a few times , growers testing the theory that fertilizer doesn’t need to change.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

hopefully everything goes well lmao thanks for the advice dude
It’s fancy in that it uses the same mix all the time, have seen this a few times , growers testing the theory that fertilizer doesn’t need to change

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

It’s fancy in that it uses the same mix all the time, have seen this a few times , growers testing the theory that fertilizer doesn’t need to change.
can i ask where you got 4ml from.? it says 10ml-20ml for A&B

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

There is a link for fast buds and there is a 4 , but not sure what there referencing too.
Ok , I have looked at your product.

I have found a link with info that you should read.

This is my take, you use both at the equal rates,

Then once you get a couple weeks into flower you add the pk warrior too.

The pk warrior is the more phosphorus and potassium.

They show a hard water mix, so preaty much most everyone’s water 200ppm and up .
Then a soft water like reversed osmosis, very low 6 say, so that one would calmag to the 160 ppm or so if they wish 200.

Hope that clears up something.

Iink, add an h to link

ttps://2fast4buds.com/news/shogun-feeding-chart-usage-guide

Last edited:
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

This is my take, you are to use either A and or B but not both at one time.

You are to choose what works best , as you say you would want to cut back on N at some point.

I could understand perhaps using the fertilizer in a way like this for example.

Vegging A only.
First 1.5 weeks of flower A only
Then B got the remainder tapering off in the last couple weeks before picking.

They show a hard water mix, so preaty much most everyone’s water 200ppm and up .
Then a soft water like reversed osmosis, very low 6 say, so that one would calmag to the 160 ppm or so if they wish 200.

Iink, add an h to link

Think that’s the last edit.

Last edited:
DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Your nutrients are a good base, but are just that: a base.
It is designed to be used in equal parts all the way through with additives.
Some base nutrients switch between a grow and a bloom for each phase, respectively.
When you hit flower this is when your "boost" products come into play to spike your P and K.
N reduction is beneficial and can be played with in a few ways;
eg. instead of 30ml/30ml, 20ml/40ml. This still keeps the dose in the recommended range.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Your nutrients are a good base, but are just that: a base.
It is designed to be used in equal parts all the way through with additives.
Some base nutrients switch between a grow and a bloom for each phase, respectively.
When you hit flower this is when your "boost" products come into play to spike your P and K.
N reduction is beneficial and can be played with in a few ways;
eg. instead of 30ml/30ml, 20ml/40ml. This still keeps the dose in the recommended range.
thanks buddy appreciate you

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

This is my take, you use both at the equal rates,

Then once you get a couple weeks into flower you add the pk warrior too.

The pk warrior is the more phosphorus and potassium.

Iink, add an h to link

thankssss dude

M

monkey47

so through out the whole grow phase im giving the same ml dosages of both A&B when i want to cut down nitrogen slightly in Veg do i just give less of Bottle A?
Why would you want to cut down on nitrogen during veg ? And why do those a and b feeding solutions have so much p and k during growth ? My growth npk ratio is 8-2-2.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Why would you want to cut down on nitrogen during veg ? And why do those an and b feeding solutions have so much p and k during growth ? My growth npk ratio is 8-2-2.
My bad dude I diddnt mean to say that lmao was meant to say flower and I’m not sure dude I was just recommended to these nutes gonna see how it goes maybe purchase cana nutes next as I’ve heard good stuff about them

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Why would you want to cut down on nitrogen during veg ? And why do those a and b feeding solutions have so much p and k during growth ? My growth npk ratio is 8-2-2.
Bottle A has no p or k just N

Top Bottom