Hemp in Colorado

• Thread starter JeromeGarcia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Did you vote HEMP YES on 64? I did.

Now the question becomes what business to open... hmmmmm.....

I was thinking of traveling abroad for some hemp seed stock.

sky high

sky high

Is the hemp growing wild all over the Midwest still viable? I know where there's miles of it roadside...HUGE colas...plants 12-15 ft tall every year.... and it's certainly hemp 'cus it won't get a fly high. LOL.

All that pollen will sure fuck up the good pot. I'm not sold on it yet....

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

Is the hemp growing wild all over the Midwest still viable? I know where there's miles of it roadside...HUGE colas...plants 12-15 ft tall every year.... and it's certainly hemp 'cus it won't get a fly high. LOL.

that pollens definitely still flying. steer super fuckin clear of any railroad tracks thats for sure

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

There is apparently none of the original hemp stock that was brought over to the Virginia's in the 1600's.... Some people are trying to recreate this strain....

Cort

Cort

Not until this gets past courts and the citizens find out if the state will back them up. Till thats sorted, only a few brave souls will stick their neck out.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Wouldn't it be funny if the proliferation of hemp saved the indoor market. Sealed rooms and carbon filters on greenhouses will be the the best defense against errant pollination.

I feel like the high and medicinal aspects are just two parts of this plant, and hemp products/foods/fuels/paper/textiles/plastics etc etc are other aspects we can take advantage of, or more likely they will be taken advantage of by those in the right place with the capital to do so. All of those aspects are at least equally and together potentially exponentially more lucrative than the getting high aspect of cannabis. At that point it's a matter of scale and quality as regards cannabis for high/medicine- at what point does ultimate quality drop off due to size of operation. Is that even a concern for hemp? I imagine scale is paramount in hemp production

I hope hemp takes over it's appropriate piece of CO agriculture. This is a time when grassroots commnunities have a chance to stake their claim to some of the future industry available to hemp farmers/processors/distributers... Imagine if CO supplied the US hemp market instead of India or Pakistan imports... that could be huge! I think hemp has more potential to affect the economic game then the getting high part can.. So too does cannabis medicine hold tremendous economic game changing potential- only insofar as rescheduling takes place. Until then its going to quietly regain it reputation it has had prior to the 1900s, but remain underutilized and uninsurable.

I guess what I like to say about cannabis/hemp is that in 10,000 years of human interaction with the cannabis plant, Napoleon was the first to ban the use of hashish, but only Industrial Capitalists and their puppet Governments have been short sighted enough to campaign against the proliferation of this plant. Despite history and the fact that hemp/cannabis built this country as surely as tobacco and slave labor, American Capital chose oil and pharmaceutical chemicals over hemp 75 years ago and our society clearly reflects that decision.

Hopefully some grassroots organizations take advantage before Shell and Standard begin their hemp fuel programs. Imagine how pleasant (or maybe unpleasant) it would smell with everyone burning hemp seed oil...

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter

When I lived in Nebraska, there was hemp EVERYWHERE. You couldn't drive anywhere without seeing huge hemp plants full of bud (and seeds)lining the roads. When I first got there, I was absolutely blown away by it! This was when I was a very young pothead and new nothing about hemp. I thought I had reached weed heaven! That was until I smoked it lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think there's another underappreciated aspect to hemp, and that's the edible seed. Whether it's the dankest medical or straight hemp, the seed enver has any THC in it, but it's loaded with nutrition, especially when compared to corn or wheat. I was a part of a small company in Boulder, CO (where else?!) called One Brown Mouse, and we processed imported hempseed into oil and flour. The hulls were composted. The oil went to become biodiesel as it was hot pressed and thus unpalatable. The rest was milled into flour, then 25% hemp flour was mixed with 75% white wheat flour to make chocolate chip cookies that were really full of nutty, buttery flavor, and 25% hemp flour was mixed with 75% cornmeal to make nacho chips... and these were quite simply the best 'corn' chips I've ever laid lips on, bar none. There have to be more great recipes for hempseed out there, I'd live on the stuff if I could find it!

One year we drove a semi trailer full of these chips and cookies to Woodstock II in Utica, NY. We sold cookies and hemp nachos like they were the last meal- and people often paid with handfuls of weed, just plunked down on the counter. Such was my first taste of Hemp Commerce! The music wasn't bad, either...

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Hemp is supposed to be under like 2% THC and other cannabinoids I believe

Cort

Cort

once had a granola type bar made with seed. Wasnt bad. Imagine it could be used in whole grain breads too or find a way to incorporate it into a cream of wheat/malt o meal type cereal

altimood

altimood

I think there's another underappreciated aspect to hemp, and that's the edible seed. Whether it's the dankest medical or straight hemp, the seed enver has any THC in it, but it's loaded with nutrition, especially when compared to corn or wheat. I was a part of a small company in Boulder, CO (where else?!) called One Brown Mouse, and we processed imported hempseed into oil and flour. The hulls were composted. The oil went to become biodiesel as it was hot pressed and thus unpalatable. The rest was milled into flour, then 25% hemp flour was mixed with 75% white wheat flour to make chocolate chip cookies that were really full of nutty, buttery flavor, and 25% hemp flour was mixed with 75% cornmeal to make nacho chips... and these were quite simply the best 'corn' chips I've ever laid lips on, bar none. There have to be more great recipes for hempseed out there, I'd live on the stuff if I could find it!

One year we drove a semi trailer full of these chips and cookies to Woodstock II in Utica, NY. We sold cookies and hemp nachos like they were the last meal- and people often paid with handfuls of weed, just plunked down on the counter. Such was my first taste of Hemp Commerce! The music wasn't bad, either...
I bought a bag of hemp hearts from sunflower market. Just a big bag of seed but they are loaded with protein- good in smoothies n shakes. That's petty cool with the flower....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I get this from amazon

HempProtien

they have all kinds of good stuff.
http://nutiva.com/

It will be great to get it from Co. or Wa. :)

lino

lino

FYI
I'll try to keep this simple cause everytime I start offering my links that give full detailed scientific answers Ill be banned so I'll just bullet point this;
1.) industrial hemp has been aval for puchase in Colo and USA, i.e. Arkansas valley Seed and feed forever in inert form, and I shouldnt say this in public but I guess It doesnt matter now that industrial Cannabis farming is here, but the seed from India and many other parts of the world, 30% germ rate with proper % acid seed scarification methods. Awesome gene pools.
2.) I guess the claim's are correct, high in proteins and more amino's than a pinto bean. When fed to pigeons I witnessed my birds eating the hemp seed from a bowl of mixed seeds 1st. When I'd pull the feed bowl from the Racing Homers they had ate hemp, corn and ansi. seed 1st. Doves would eat the hemp 1st. and other breeds also., huh? Most birds love hemp seed! Homer clocked considerably faster with 30 - 40% hemp mix.
3.) True industrial hemp by today's standards will be bred for uniformity and fiber strength. Uniformity will be mandatory to fit combines and stalk thrashers. I'm guessing it will be a uniform field of male plants of something like Af #1 from SensiSeed type, 10 ft bean pole by July for rope.
4.) for Food, check out the Canada companies.
5.) Arkansas valley Seed and Feed is closed at i-70 and colo and I dont know if the company went out of business recently. I pretty sure they still have a store, hiwy 50 and La Junta but there are others that will have so-called inert seed currently. An horticulturist can get the gene pool from the seeds and have a crop in the fall. So now the prepared 50lb bag of seed will be put in the seeding machine and set at a 30% germ rate with a close plant pattern. A botanist can have this in a stabilized, high germ % and in seed form in approx 100 days.
6.) A field of weed in Colorado will have more regulation and security than Ft Knox bro. USDA and Cannabis?. We're video streamed to cop stations rite now at MMJ stores.
7.) by current definition I'd use " NaturalTherapy" definition.
8.) There is meeting held next week, I think, , , that might address this issues but industrial hemp is a long ways away on a timeline. I'll post more detail if the meeting is going to address this topic. I haven't got my invitations yet so I'm not clear if this part of the Cannabis platform is being discussed.

K

kolah

"And thanks to our man in streets with that inside story.....Nooooow back up to you, Bob, in the booth". ;)

lino

lino

Hemp is tougher than steel? UFO,s are made out of this stuff. lol. plant cellulose is the most abundant organic matter on the planet. Why we melting down so much steel?

K

kolah

Cool vid, Lino. Check out the guy taking a sledgehammer to it ? That would put many bodyshops out of work I'd think.

Ford also stated: " “It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

They didn't have the phrase 'tinfoil hat" yet. Funny how that works huh? I guess he too just made shit up, a paranoid, squitzo kinda guy? or just maybe...maybe he saw through the bullshit and knew the Truth?

But what Ford didn't take into consideration is that the dumbed-down american people still do not acknowledge the Banksters power in the grand scheme of things.

Therefore, the Revolution has been cancelled.

:confused: "We not return you to your regular scheduled programming."

Top Bottom