HEMP strain crossed to THC strain

• Thread starter iffey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iffey

iffey

Is it advisable to cross a hemp strain (CBD) with a THC producing strain?
What would be the benefit or detriment to a cross like this?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Most likely will cut over all thc down and bring up its cbd and etc values, could change flower time maybe and other stuff.

iffey

iffey

So if I were to take a 20% THC producing strain and cross it with a CBD (Hemp) strain, the THC content of the 20% THC plants THC would be reduced and take on more of the characteristics of the CBD strain? Guess thats the part of getting high I've been avoiding to learn about. TCH, C, A, yadda yadda.. but thanks

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Most likely this would result in a mix of approximately
25% low THC, high CBD hemp phenos
25% high THC, low CBD weed phenos
50% mixed phenos of variable THC:CBD ratios. Anything from 1:20 to 20:1. They'll have too much THC to be hemp but also less THC and more CBD than typical weed strains. A few percent will be coveted 1:1 phenos, which I consider to be the "true" medical strains.

A major benefit from this hypothetical cross is hybrid vigor. The more unrelated two breeding parents are, the more hybrid vigor their offspring tend to produce. This means faster growing, higher yielding plants.

iffey

iffey

Thank you PaulieB, this is what I'm looking for..........1:1 hybrid.. my goal.. Made into edibles would be the 'golden ring'.
Here in Florida there is little face to face conversations about growing 'weed' as growing is still not legally accepted. Additionally, I'm older and not 'hooked' up with the more knowledgeable younger generation. So let me ask then.. if one was to find that 20:1 CBD to THC pheno, then in theory, ingest the CBD and vape the THC (1:20 CBD to THC, I'd have the best of both worlds?

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Is it advisable to cross a hemp strain (CBD) with a THC producing strain?
What would be the benefit or detriment to a cross like this?
Why hemp ?
Why not a high CBD cannabis variety like Charlotte, AcDc or HarleTsu ?

Industrial hemp usually has a pretty low amount of CBD, its been bred for fibres (and/or seeds).

Panhead59

Panhead59

A little off topic but - Ingesting cbd won't get you the most cbd, if that makes sense. Smoking goes straight to blood stream from lungs whereas eating must go through liver, kidneys, etc. Much is filtered and lost. We tried the most potent cbd oil, full spectrum, we could find. 2500mg. No pain relief. When we asked company that sold it, they said if 2500mg didn't work, then you gotta smoke it. We're new to this so I'm just passing along info. Not saying it's gospel.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
A little off topic but - Ingesting cbd won't get you the most cbd, if that makes sense. Smoking goes straight to blood stream from lungs whereas eating must go through liver, kidneys, etc. Much is filtered and lost. We tried the most potent cbd oil, full spectrum, we could find. 2500mg. No pain relief. When we asked company that sold it, they said if 2500mg didn't work, then you gotta smoke it. We're new to this so I'm just passing along info. Not saying it's gospel.
CBD only, without any other cannabinoids, is much less effective.

"Entourage effect" is very real in my experience, especially with THC you get a much better medicine.

josefrahl

josefrahl

CBD only, without any other cannabinoids, is much less effective.

"Entourage effect" is very real in my experience, especially with THC you get a much better medicine.
Yeah I make CBD oil for my parents and started adding CBG to it as well. While they liked the straight CBD they said the last batch with CBG added is soooo much better for their joint aches inflammation, and the overall calming effect. I also add in extra terpenes to get a full effect, which is another thing most oil companies are missing.

iffey

iffey

I'm new at navigating this site but NOW CBG. WTH is this? I'm just coming around to CBD (hemp because that strain reports high %) and now CBG.
Ingesting would be the same as thc, decarb, then ingest, no?. dont care how long it takes for effect.. looking as a general health prescription before the shit starts occurring. And vape THC for daily effectiveness on the "OH,YEAH" part. So guess I'm looking for the 20:1 CBD to THC for medicinal purpose. NOW: How do I find out % CBD?

FourPlants

FourPlants

I have a strain I have yet to grow that is suppose to be 21% THC and 17% CBD. I am interested in the kind of effects it will have.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Look up seed for sale
It'll give you thc and cbd %. Ac_dc is somewhere around 18-1 . Cbd being the 18%

josefrahl

josefrahl

I'm new at navigating this site but NOW CBG. WTH is this? I'm just coming around to CBD (hemp because that strain reports high %) and now CBG.
Ingesting would be the same as thc, decarb, then ingest, no?. dont care how long it takes for effect.. looking as a general health prescription before the shit starts occurring. And vape THC for daily effectiveness on the "OH,YEAH" part. So guess I'm looking for the 20:1 CBD to THC for medicinal purpose. NOW: How do I find out % CBD?
Here you go. https://www.verywellmind.com/cannabigerol-cbg-uses-and-benefits-5085266

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Why hemp ?
Why not a high CBD cannabis variety like Charlotte, AcDc or HarleTsu ?
Those genetics you mention are common in hemp varieties these days. Hemp just tends to be harvested a bit early to keep the THC below the 0.3% limit. But there is a growing movement in the hemp industry to reclassify hemp as having up to 1% THC,

So let me ask then.. if one was to find that 20:1 CBD to THC pheno, then in theory, ingest the CBD and vape the THC (1:20 CBD to THC, I'd have the best of both worlds?
Poekie mentions some varieties that produce 20:1 CBD:THC ratios give or take. Some phenos are even as high as 30:1.

But I would recommend getting a hemp license (they're free in Florida if you can pass a background check) and convert it all into hash. Not legal to sell but hey 😉

Add some of that CBD hash to your regular weed and it's the ultimate medical experience!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Those genetics you mention are common in hemp varieties these days. Hemp just tends to be harvested a bit early to keep the THC below the 0.3% limit. But there is a growing movement in the hemp industry to reclassify hemp as having up to 1% THC,

Poekie mentions some varieties that produce 20:1 CBD:THC ratios give or take. Some phenos are even as high as 30:1.

But I would recommend getting a hemp license (they're free in Florida if you can pass a background check) and convert it all into hash. Not legal to sell but hey 😉

Add some of that CBD hash to your regular weed and it's the ultimate medical experience!
The only legal hemp varieties we can get here(Spain) have a maximum of about 4% CBD and still a lot of bureaucracy to be able to grow those legally.

Also some farmers got in trouble for just getting over the 0,3% THC.

We actually have a hemp museum in a village nearby, used to be grown and used a lot around here for fibres.

iffey

iffey

Paulie....What? ....Hemp license in Fla?! I'm going to look.. background check??

Top Bottom