Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canadaseed

canadaseed

cool stuff bro.. A low yielding harvest can be depressing especially when considering all the work that goes into a grow. But like you said learned a lot from your grow, that's what it's all about learning all the time. Aurora Indica it seems does well in scrog... it's funny i've smoked both the strains used to make Aurora Indica, the Northern Lights and Afghan... two fucking bomb strains!!! i don't know what variety of Northern Lights Nirvana used for breeding that line tho. good choice with that one. Technically because Afghan has a purple pheno that means Aurora Indica should have a purple pheno somewhere in the gene pool. would be cool if you found one!

irishboiii

irishboiii

cool stuff bro.. A low yielding harvest can be depressing especially when considering all the work that goes into a grow. But like you said learned a lot from your grow, that's what it's all about learning all the time. Aurora Indica it seems does well in scrog... it's funny i've smoked both the strains used to make Aurora Indica, the Northern Lights and Afghan... two fucking bomb strains!!! i don't know what variety of Northern Lights Nirvana used for breeding that line tho. good choice with that one. Technically because Afghan has a purple pheno that means Aurora Indica should have a purple pheno somewhere in the gene pool. would be cool if you found one!

I believe they use their own "Northern Light" which apparently is a higher yielding but less tasteful ripoff of the orignal Northern Lights. But the Afghan cross thrown into the mix with AI is meant to make the strain a huge improvement.

Btw man this PP doesnt smell or even taste like weed after a week of drying. Will the cure bring out that excellent taste and smell?

Im a bit worried because last time I ran it in soil I didnt flush and didnt cure, just dried it in a shoebox for a week and it still tasted and smelled amazing straight away. So why is the same not happening this time?

irishboiii

irishboiii

What does it smell or taste like? Does it smell like hay or grass?

Thats exactly what it smells like in the mason jar. Is this normal? And it tastes tasteless and harsh right now.

Hope the cure fixes this.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Well done! Next run you should consider mainline technique to fill your space a bit more efficiently and get equal colas. If you decide so run a strain that grows giant main cola. I'll be doing this in my current run growing Dinafem Moby Dick.

WP 20141002 002

WP 20141002 003

WP 20141004 010

WP 20141004 006

See the tight internodal growth and those fat fingered fan leaves. I'll be keeping them as low as possible due to limited height in my growbox.

Or maybe go autoflower way and put maybe eight plants in there.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Well done! Next run you should consider mainline technique to fill your space a bit more efficiently and get equal colas. If you decide so run a strain that grows giant main cola. I'll be doing this in my current run growing Dinafem Moby Dick.

View attachment 447244

View attachment 447246

View attachment 447245

View attachment 447247

See the tight internodal growth and those fat fingered fan leaves. I'll be keeping them as low as possible due to limited height in my growbox.

Or maybe go autoflower way and put maybe eight plants in there.

Nice plants man, yeah I intend to try mainlining at some stage.

Wouldnt do an auto tbh, the cost of leaving the light on 18/6 for over 3 months would be too much for me. Id rather stick to regular strains for that reason and also because with regular strains you can experiment with techniques. With autos LST is pretty much the only thing you can do.

canadaseed

canadaseed

I believe they use their own "Northern Light" which apparently is a higher yielding but less tasteful ripoff of the orignal Northern Lights. But the Afghan cross thrown into the mix with AI is meant to make the strain a huge improvement.

Btw man this PP doesnt smell or even taste like weed after a week of drying. Will the cure bring out that excellent taste and smell?

Im a bit worried because last time I ran it in soil I didnt flush and didnt cure, just dried it in a shoebox for a week and it still tasted and smelled amazing straight away. So why is the same not happening this time?
I've mostly got peat moss incense metallic flavor from power plant. like that's the variation of flavors for the phenos i've had. not sure why there's no smell.. when you break open a nug does it smell? chose a nug to break open to release the smells in the curing jar. Do this when you burp the jars.. right before closing them up again. Hopefully that will help..

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Thats exactly what it smells like in the mason jar. Is this normal? And it tastes tasteless and harsh right now.

Hope the cure fixes this.
It may fix it, usually the hay smell comes from drying too fast...maybe the humidity was too low...

What is the humidity in the curing jars?

irishboiii

irishboiii

It may fix it, usually the hay smell comes from drying too fast...maybe the humidity was too low...

What is the humidity in the curing jars?

The nice smell is starting to come back in the jar now, hopefully it continues. I have no idea what the humidity is in the jar

irishboiii

irishboiii

I've mostly got peat moss incense metallic flavor from power plant. like that's the variation of flavors for the phenos i've had. not sure why there's no smell.. when you break open a nug does it smell? chose a nug to break open to release the smells in the curing jar. Do this when you burp the jars.. right before closing them up again. Hopefully that will help..

When I touch the nugs my fingers stink of weed, and the smell inside the jar is already coming back to that nice weed smell

irishboiii

irishboiii

Yes that's true about the costs but with autos you get perpetual harvest say every month with only one grow space. You cut one or two plants and set one or two new ones.

Yeah thats a good idea, only problem would be the fact that Id have varying heights of the plants at different stages and the fact that Id be spending a lot on seeds. But I may try something like that when I have two LED's in my tent to work with.

I still dont like the thought of having to leave the light on 18-20 hours a day for the entire grow though. When I have the space for a veg room, flower room and clone room I may do as another suggested and just stick a few autos in the veg room.

Dealing with very limited space right now though, all I can grow in right now is my square metre tent.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hold on! You're wining about the costs of having your lights set on 18/6 and in the same breath you're saying you're gonna have veg/clone compartment and extra flowering compartment? Something ain't right there man. About the costs of buying all those auto seeds: Sell some of your product to cover those costs. You'd have to sacrifice one plant out of let's say eight to cover those costs and with seven left for yourself you'd have more than enough head stash. Autos yield up to 250g a plant once you're dialed in. Check Dinafem or Sweet Seeds about those. I'm not saying autos are the only way there but they are to be well considered.

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

If you can get 2000 grams out of a 3x3 tent @Toaster79 growing autoflowers, then I've been doing it wrong all these years.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Hold on! You're wining about the costs of having your lights set on 18/6 and in the same breath you're saying you're gonna have veg/clone compartment and extra flowering compartment? Something ain't right there man. About the costs of buying all those auto seeds: Sell some of your product to cover those costs. You'd have to sacrifice one plant out of let's say eight to cover those costs and with seven left for yourself you'd have more than enough head stash. Autos yield up to 250g a plant once you're dialed in. Check Dinafem or Sweet Seeds about those. I'm not saying autos are the only way there but they are to be well considered.

Im not "wining" about anything bro. Im simply saying I intend to get into cloning once I have the space so chill out.

Growing from seed isnt optimal so I, like 90% of growers, intend to get into cloning for a perpetual harvest. Why this surprises you and got your knickers in a twist is beyond me.

You say grow a bunch of autos, that just doesnt make sense to me. Autos grow just as big as regular strains so now way would I fit 8 in my tent, 4 would probably be pushing it.

Im a new grower and want to experiment with techniques such as FIM, Supercropping, Monstercropping, Mainlining and many others. That cant be done with autos.

So that, and also the fact that as I increase my wattage, makes it impractical for me to dedicate an entire grow to autos. I dont want to be leaving 600-1200watts on for 18 hours a day for 3months+ when I could veg a bunch of clones under low wattage for a few weeks and then only use the big wattage at 12/12 for 8 weeks.

Im not saying autos dont have their place, Im just saying that FOR ME its more practical to grow regular strains for the reasons I listed above. So take a chill pill :-)

irishboiii

irishboiii

If you can get 2000 grams out of a 3x3 tent @Toaster79 growing autoflowers, then I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Exactly, he seems to have taken the exception to the rule and made it the rule. That kind of yield from an auto is probably the world record for an auto strain, most likely grown outdoors.

Show me an auto that yielded that indoors in a tent and Il eat my hat. If I wore one.

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

I could see hitting 250 on a good sized auto, and I could see hitting 1000 out of 3x3.

I'm just not sure that 8, 250 gram, plants would physically fit into a 3x3 tent.

Though, re-reading it my comment seemed a little snarky, and that wasn't my intention. I'm always trying to learn more and push to do better, so I just wanted to hear more I guess.

irishboiii

irishboiii

The last 8 tops I harvested on Thursday feel dry enough to cure so I trimmed them and put them into a mason jar. They smell amazing already and I havnt even began the cure yet!

Here they are:

2014 10 05 182449

And after the trim:

2014 10 05 185358

Looks like about an ounce to me, definitely at least 2x or even 2.5x what the last few tops gave me. Wont know for sure until I get my hands on a reliable scales in a few days.

Heres a pic of them in jars, the one on the right is the one I just harvested Thursday:

2014 10 05 185758

So right now thats about 30-40% of everything. Harvesting the whole lot on Tuesday, I may still get a decent yield of quality smoke yet!

Top Bottom