here is my multiple bucket system... that I came up with myself.

• Thread starter ken dog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

What is your nute turnover rate? In your tent there looks like a 4" vent hose in there,is that the exhaust or intake? The reason I ask if that is the intake that might be a bunch of movement that might stress your little girl. Roots are looking healthy. Sometimes when my roots are that young I will spray a nute solution to help them roots bust out. They need to be pushed but not stressed at this time to make a tree,unless you are planning a long veg time. Algae starts quick don't take too long to get them covered,even if you just wrap it temp. with a blanket. Once your roots hit the water I like to see more air in the bottom bucket. Suerte JK
finished the reservoir cover... I'll drill holes in it later for the various hoses.

I will also include a picture of the root mass taken today (planted 3 days ago from a clone with a single 2 foot tail), and the very first picture without the cover or chiller hoses.

J

Jalisco Kid

you know it is a Batonicare reservoir and cover right?... and the light will still get through?
Hold it up to your light and look. Normally white does not have a high density pigment and most tanks like that are to thin to stop the light. Their construction is what keeps me in business. JK

ken dog

ken dog

yes, it is an intake from the first tent and then it exhausts up top to the third tent... and then through a scrubber.

I'm using Current culture's full line, which includes uc roots... we will see what happens.

I find it hard to believe that a commercial reservoir would let light in... is that why they make black ones?

I have an 8 inch glass air diffuser in the bucket, and three stones in the reservoir... Do you think that is enough?

ken dog

ken dog

Hold it up to your light and look. Normally white does not have a high density pigment and most tanks like that are to thin to stop the light. Their construction is what keeps me in business. JK

thank you guys for the heads up:)... I will prove it to myself later tonight when the lights are out, and my eyes are dark adapted.

J

Jalisco Kid

Its not your tent I was inferring about the leak. It is during lights on and light hitting your roots and nutes. I would check it out by holding it up to the light,see if you see a glow. JK

ken dog

ken dog

Its not your tent I was inferring about the leak. It is during lights on and light hitting your roots and nutes. I would check it out by holding it up to the light,see if you see a glow. JK

yes, the cover...
the plastic is 3 millimeters thick... Just about 1/8 inch... the only slight glow is at the bends.
the patch that I cut out for the bucket, completely covers my UFO... and there is absolutely no light leaks except at the bends, where there is an ever so slight glow.
drilling holes for the hoses will help, and I will be able to put the access hole cover on properly.

I think I will keep it as is, and see if algae develops... It will be a good experiment, and I will have the results before I put it into flower.
the temperature of the nutrient solution is between 64 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit.

ken dog

ken dog

please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the input.

if it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't have put any cover on it at all... or even thought about drilling holes for the hoses.:)

J

Jalisco Kid

That's what we are here for,I try to help those I can grow trees. But an attack on your roots will not make it easy for you. But I too learned my way,which cost me. JK

ttystikk

ttystikk

This is all sound advice. I just bumped up to 27 gallon tubs and I think one of the biggest factors in an early false start was a failure to keep the root zone sufficiently dark. The tubs I chose have yellow lids and it took covering them to get healthy roots. I just used a layer of 1" foil wrapped foam insulation I had laying around and it works fine now.

I'm looking forward to the show!

Top Bottom