here is my multiple bucket system... that I came up with myself.

• Thread starter ken dog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

I drilled a 1 1/2 " hole in the bottom of a 7 gallon bucket and installed a flood table bulkhead... so that I could run the exit hose of the water chiller, directly into the bucket.
Then I drilled one at the top, just below the bottom of the net pot, so the water could overflow and exit the bucket.
Then I took out a 1 inch section out of the bottom of the net pot, so that I could put the 2 foot long tail of a two-week old clone, through the bottom of the net pot, so that it would be submerged in the nutrient solution.

Then I ran two air hoses down through the top of the net pot, connected the air stones and put them in the bottom of the bucket.
then I inserted the clone, and filled the 10 inch net pot with hydroton.

Then I put the whole thing inside of a 20 gallon reservoir... dropped in a submersible pump, and connected it to the intake of the water chiller.
then I added two more air stones to the res.

Here is my multiple bucket system that i came up with myself
ken dog

ken dog

for those interested, I am running a 1/4 hp chiller, and the temperature is set to 65 degrees Fahrenheit.

ken dog

ken dog

I plan on keeping everyone updated on this little plant, and take it all the way to flower.

even if it fails.:)

ken dog

ken dog

changed it to 66 degrees Fahrenheit... and changed the intake hose to the chiller from a 1/2 to a 3/4 inch.
my pump is 250 gallons per hour... the chiller is 20 feet away.

J

Jalisco Kid

Even though you can keep you nutes at 60/? * I would paint or cover those buckets to get more roots. Once you have more roots it will be hard to remove the netpot to service the airstones. That is one flaw in that sys. and airstones really cut back on the air they deliver. They are a mild version of Krusty buckets. I bet you feel good not having to shell out a bunch of funtickets for them. Suerte JK

edit:I would believe you are asking for trouble with your nutes exposed to air and light. You will have high maintenance. I just looked at your pic with my glasses on. I would think it you take less time to change that now then the maintenance you will have later.

ken dog

ken dog

hi JK , yes I am thinking about cutting a hole in my reservoir lid and using that as a cover... I will probably do this as soon as I put it into flower, which should be in a week or so.

I'll be glad to take any advice on my water temps as well... I was thinking about gradually lowering it down to 58 during the last week of flower...and gradually bringing it down to 65 over the next week.

here's another picture that might give everyone a better idea.

20130907 161158
ken dog

ken dog

here's what those nugs should look like... here is a Maui Blue Dream that I harvested 3 weeks ago.

the plant in the bucket is a clone of this.

20130907 164621
J

Jalisco Kid

Here is a bucket in rez sys about 7 years old.Taken from a thread by Janus, the newer version is plumbed all inside no exposed pipe.It is a GM5000-16. In this sys even when wrapped most roots are away from the walls. thought this might help you adapt yours. JK

Januss Veg tanks 1st run 1
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
^^^Who was the hack that painted those tanks?

LOL...;) j/k JK

J

Jalisco Kid

It was a roof coat that someone did not apply right and then did not wait for it to set up right causing it to be chalky. They were cleaned and wrapped. I still prefer a thermal coat as it cleans up well,stays where it is put and doesn't rip. I will always cop to my ideas whether good, bad or indifferent. Some people are just in a hurry not willing to wait 3 days. as time is money. But the tank is tits,w/no silicon. Cap you need to get to work and stop picking on me. JK

ken dog

ken dog

thanks for the pictures JK... Right now, I have already cut a hole in my reservoir top, and I'm getting ready to fit it in... I will eventually drill holes for the chiller hoses and air stone hoses.

I will post a pic as soon as I'm done. Should be about an hour or two.
I keep fitting a bucket in the hole that I'm cutting, and it keeps getting bigger as I go towards the top... I need to wait for my dremel tool to charge its battery lol.

ken dog

ken dog

finished the reservoir cover... I'll drill holes in it later for the various hoses.

I will also include a picture of the root mass taken today (planted 3 days ago from a clone with a single 2 foot tail), and the very first picture without the cover or chiller hoses.

20130908 152709
20130908 143858
20130905 121008
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
It was a roof coat that someone did not apply right and then did not wait for it to set up right causing it to be chalky. They were cleaned and wrapped. I still prefer a thermal coat as it cleans up well,stays where it is put and doesn't rip. I will always cop to my ideas whether good, bad or indifferent. Some people are just in a hurry not willing to wait 3 days. as time is money. But the tank is tits,w/no silicon. Cap you need to get to work and stop picking on me. JK

Ain't that the truth. I DO need to get to work. I've been slacking. Just got some white pool rubber to paint my floors. Finally figured out how I am gonna stand the buckets too.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
finished the reservoir cover... I'll drill holes in it later for the various hoses.

I will also include a picture of the root mass taken today (planted 3 days ago from a clone with a single 2 foot tail), and the very first picture without the cover or chiller hoses.

Positive that the light is going right through that white plastic. Go get some reflectix or panda film and wrap it all up.

Top Bottom