Here we go again? Germinated seed didn’t come up.

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budclarkson

This is my Gorilla 2.0 attempt after the seed head separated on the last Auto grow mixed batch.

The Autos are now almost done and Need some more Northern Light so started seed germination on a Gorilla and Haze also.

All 3 germinated successfully in 48 hours although the NL was a bit slower so kept it wet an extra day before planting in FF Frog.
The Northern Light seed was kept in the frig at 40F the past year.

Well the Gorila came up next day and seed head stuck like the last one but wet it and came off ok with no drama. Haze as well. But nothing on NL after 48 hours - I took some of the soil off and fluffed it hoping it helped trying not to disturb it.

Hers the Gorilla and Haze coming up.

Here we go again  germinated seed didnt come up

Here we go again  germinated seed didnt come up 3

Here is the Gorilla the following day. Why do they call it Gorilla IDK?
Here we go again  germinated seed didnt come up 2

B

Budclarkson

On the 3rd day still nothing on the NL so I dug it up.

CF8C6463 A677 4A99 857F AD8A94D922D6

A4EE0AA9 53E4 4EAF AB49 4DBB4221472F

B

Budclarkson

What do you think? Seed was head first and trying to come around?

Replanted tail first and I guess we’ll see.

Is the cold storage a good idea for seeds? I got this from somewhere. God I hope it wasn’t from Grass Chitty.

I

imgrowing

damn buddy, leave the girl alone.
that tap root is healthy as f**k.
or at least it was.
maybe you planted a bit to deep and it would take a few extra days to break the surface.
everyone says FFOF is to hot for seeds, but personally never had an issue.
if your really worried then flush the solo cup days before you plant seed

B

Budclarkson

What did you do with them stick them in the fridge or something.
I have done that in the past with seeds I’ve made I did add tissue to soak up any moisture they were good. As long as they are dry that’s the main thing
Yes, right next to the Keg LOL. In a “sealed” container in original packaging. Probably should put a desiccant in the container…

B

Budclarkson

yea you should of gave it a week at least
A week!?
I didn’t take a pic but it already sprouted on the paper towel. Maybe 1/2 day behind the other 2. Usually in two days soil the seedlings are up.

I think the seed tail was upside down.
I had one plant from the last grow that had a hard time shaking the seed head off of it. Finally removed it with tweezers after a week. It’s a runt with not much yield. Three finger too. Should have dealt with it sooner.

B

Budclarkson

damn buddy, leave the girl alone.
that tap root is healthy as f**k.
or at least it was.
maybe you planted a bit to deep and it would take a few extra days to break the surface.
everyone says FFOF is to hot for seeds, but personally never had an issue.
if your really worried then flush the solo cup days before you plant seed
I’m using the Frog for seedlings. Ocean Forest is the hot one.

I think the tap root will be fine. If not I will be germinating a new one to keep the same timeline as the others.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I’m using the Frog for seedlings. Ocean Forest is the hot one.

I think the tap root will be fine. If not I will be germinating a new one to keep the same timeline as the others.
Also, looks like you are heavy with water.
Are you using a hand sprayer to keep moisture in the soil? Hand watering can wash a seed waaay lower than you planted it.
I’m a sprayer. If you ain’t, you should.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
From what I’ve heard FF soil is a little hot for seedlings
Fox Farm sells two soils that we talk about most often: Happy Frog and Ocean Forest. FFHF doesn't have enough nutrients (IMO) and FFOF may have too much (also IMO), so some growers mix the two. I'm planning to mix in some FFOF for my next grow. They also have a starter soil called Light Warrior that has worked well for me, and that's probably best for seedlings.

I’m a sprayer. If you ain’t, you should.
Me, too. I like to keep a sprayer of plain water handy.

Here's a picture of a two-inch clone I just started. She's growing in Fox Farm Light Warrior. I added kelp fertilizer to the water. There's also a small amount of Epsom salt in it.

the rrock

the rrock

yup playing with sprouts after 48 hrs aint good,again patience is key to being a successful grower.Weed practically grows itself,lol

This is my Gorilla 2.0 attempt after the seed head separated on the last Auto grow mixed batch.

The Autos are now almost done and Need some more Northern Light so started seed germination on a Gorilla and Haze also.

All 3 germinated successfully in 48 hours although the NL was a bit slower so kept it wet an extra day before planting in FF Frog.
The Northern Light seed was kept in the frig at 40F the past year.

Well the Gorila came up next day and seed head stuck like the last one but wet it and came off ok with no drama. Haze as well. But nothing on NL after 48 hours - I took some of the soil off and fluffed it hoping it helped trying not to disturb it.

Hers the Gorilla and Haze coming up.

View attachment 2137067
View attachment 2137069

Here is the Gorilla the following day. Why do they call it Gorilla IDK?View attachment 2137068

Newty

Newty

All my seeds get planted in 100% Happy Frog in solo cups. I use only bottled spring water to germinate the plants and to water with all the way up until a week or 2 after final pot transplant. I use only a warm spray bottle (with bottled spring water) to water seedlings in solo cups. I use no added nutrients, just whatever is in the soil and bottled spring water.

Never fails me.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
maybe thats my problem i am a turkey baster waterer
how many sprays ?
Since you can water right at the stem the first week, you have to try to gauge it, I would do 15 sprays maybe. But you have to keep a good eye. Make sure your ventilation and light proximity and output do t dry them out too fast.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
A week!?
I didn’t take a pic but it already sprouted on the paper towel. Maybe 1/2 day behind the other 2. Usually in two days soil the seedlings are up.

I think the seed tail was upside down.
I had one plant from the last grow that had a hard time shaking the seed head off of it. Finally removed it with tweezers after a week. It’s a runt with not much yield. Three finger too. Should have dealt with it sooner.
Some strains are slow af. It’s really subjective to planting depth, your gear, indica/sativa ect.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
maybe thats my problem i am a turkey baster waterer
how many sprays ?
Since you can water right at the stem the first week, you have to try to gauge it, I would do 15 sprays maybe. But you have to keep a good eye. Make sure your ventilation and light proximity and output do t dry them out too fast.

Weighing the nursery pots or solo cups can be helpful. Start with moist soil and weigh the container when planting the seed. That provides a baseline. Then use that to figure out how much water is being lost from transpiration, respiration and evaporation. Lifting the pot works, too, but isn't as exact. I suspect minor changes can be important for seedlings.

Top Bottom