Here we go again? Germinated seed didn’t come up.

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Damn that looks like my Gorilla fail a few months ago. The cotyledons in the seed head separated and just had a stump that looked like that.

Am I seeing that correctly?
I screen captured the image I used from one of your posts. It reminded me about orienting the seeds. This, of course, is when seeds are planted in soil without sprouting them first.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
there is no such thing as hot soil
I have heard the word "hot" used to describe fertilizers ever since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. I suspect it mostly means there's a high nitrogen content. I recall that chicken manure is especially hot, whereas cow manure is not.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I have heard the word "hot" used to describe fertilizers ever since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago. I suspect it mostly means there's a high nitrogen content. I recall that chicken manure is especially hot, whereas cow manure is not.
First time I heard about hot soil was in here when I joined and everyone told me not to put my seeds in hot soil

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Anybody here mention sprinkling a little of Great White when using the towel method? Brother n law use to use that and had promising results.

Bilber

Bilber

Sun, I am almost to that point of skipping the paper towel......the last few seeds went in peroxide water for 12- 24 hrs and like you said, directly into the medium.....spray with a spray bottle so the seed doesn't get buried deeper....

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i think it is weird how some guys have bad luck with the pt method and some like my self have good luck with the paper towel method although i swapped the paper towel for a coffee filter and i do add kelp extract in my water

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if getting seeds from a seed bank/breeder than 99% of them are viable and would germinate naturally so if your not getting pretty much 100% germ rate than it’s human error, seeds need 3 things moisture, air, and heat,. no light is required and can actually work against you in germinating,.

B

Budclarkson

New seed is up. Old seed still the same as last post, frozen in time.

9339B4D0 F95C 4AF7 8FEC 74F3B7FF86AC

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I used the paper towel method for years, but recently planted them in either soil or Light Warrior after soaking in a 4:1 solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water for 24 hours. After planting, I spray them with a mixture of water and kelp. I also had them under 5% light at 18/6. That seemed to work well.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I used the paper towel method for years, but recently planted them in either soil or Light Warrior after soaking in a 4:1 solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water for 24 hours. After planting, I spray them with a mixture of water and kelp. I also had them under 5% light at 18/6. That seemed to work well.
Four parts peroxide to one part water? If I didn’t know better, that’s what I would think from that!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
hey I'm an invaluable member of this fam too , if it was not for my shitty grows yours would not look so good
Not true. From what I've seen, your grows are excellent. I love your profile picture, too.

Just fucking with you! You’re an invaluable member of this farm! Just pointing out how easily a seemingly innocuous thing can get misconstrued! Keep up the good work man!
Thanks so much! Likewise.

Top Bottom