Here We Go Oregon, Measure 91 Passes

• Thread starter Kendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jboys3

Jboys3

@Kendo,just wondering thoughts on Fed tax collection.tho I wish the thought would go away I don*t think it will, trying to be legit I guess,forgive me for thinking about taxes.Peace.

Be prepared for a 30% tax rate on ALL of your SALES, not your profit. You will be unable to deduct any expenses from your sales like other businesses to get your profit. Since the Feds do not legally recognize cannabis they will not allow you to deduct your expenses. Technically this is way higher than a 30% rate and this is why most retailers and growers in Washington may not make a profit this year.

O

oregonmellow

Thanx Jboys the thought of paying taxes sux but it*s the country we choose to live in so we may as well support it, I am just glad the G-men are listening to the voice of the people, as far as sales/profit it would be nice to be able to pay for power, ect... and put some coin in my pocket, I don*t plan on making a living at growing,maybe after the flood of Walmart weed tapers off or I find a good outlet for really good meds maybe I can lol,Thanx for the info,Peace.

highland420

highland420

OHA is not going to let the OMMP go away. What government agency has ever tried to put its self out of existence or let another agency do the same?

highland420

highland420

HEY Washinghton. Cheap recreational pot will be for sale just across the river. Come on over.

Jboys3

Jboys3

I just learned something new yesterday and thought I would pass it along. To some of you this may be old news, but I thought an update could not hurt.

It appears the State of Oregon Legislature can do ANYTHING they want with Measure 91! Orgonians only passed a law legalizing marijuana, they did not adopt a change to the State Constitution. Thus the legislature and OLCC can make any changes and laws they wish. Will they go against the 'will of the voters' is going to be the question answered here shortly.

I imagine Measure 91 proponents ccould sue in court if the Legislature/OLCC made too many changes to the existing law by using the grounds that the changes were made against 'the will of the voters' who voted in favor of M91?

O

oregonmellow

Thanks Jboys,still don*t think the rules for medical will change?Can*t imagine one gov office over-throwing/challengeing another,any thoughts?

O

oregonmellow

Just curious,Jboys are you out towards PDX area,just wondering if the Washington stuff is coming across the river and how, if any effect that may be having on Ore growers,Thanx,Peace.

Jboys3

Jboys3

Just curious,Jboys are you out towards PDX area,just wondering if the Washington stuff is coming across the river and how, if any effect that may be having on Ore growers,Thanx,Peace.

I actually live in the Gorge Area. The prices in Washington are still way too high. The black market probably still rules the roost as the state got too gready with their tax rate, thus the growers are still laying pretty low. I have been in a couple of stores, when they are open, and the quality is circumspect to say the least.

dirk d

dirk d

well now you have every tom, dickhead and harry thinking they're master growers lol quality is down everywhere. I remember my first couple years was strictly killing plants lol

O

oregonmellow

Thanx for the replies I am down South Coast area like I said just curious,most all the med shops carry alot of the same stuff and then a few strains of their own,the moratorium down this way has put a hold on things but will loosen up i think,Peace.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Your voice your vote right now. KatuD. On measure 91

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Sign up for Oregon medical . Org. End of Jan all meetings will be listed. They need to hear are voice on no change to medical.

O

oregonmellow

Medusa thanx for posting that for us,voices can count,good vibes,Peace.

Jboys3

Jboys3

Sign up for Oregon medical . Org. End of Jan all meetings will be listed. They need to hear are voice on no change to medical.

I cannot find any web page for Oregon Medical. Org....

Did you mean Marijunan.Oregon.Gov?

I also signed up for notices through the OMMP which I beleive is what you meant.

Last edited:
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I cannot find any web page for Oregon Medical. Org....

Did you mean Marijunan.Oregon.Gov?

I also signed up for notices through the OMMP which I beleive is what you meant.
That's because it won't be up til end of January. 2015. But will let everyone know what townhall meetings will be. At least the guy running the medical for Oregon they are consulting.

Jboys3

Jboys3

That's because it won't be up til end of January. 2015. But will let everyone know what townhall meetings will be. At least the guy running the medical for Oregon they are consulting.
Good Afternoon; I am not trying to change the subject, but could you hlep me find information/posts on this site for the Gravita DE system. I am having no luck using the search engine...

I am thinking about changing out my hoods once again after only a year of using the current ones I have. What I have read through Google seems nice, but I have other questions I am looking to have answered before I bite the bullet on this expense.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Good Afternoon; I am not trying to change the subject, but could you hlep me find information/posts on this site for the Gravita DE system. I am having no luck using the search engine...

I am thinking about changing out my hoods once again after only a year of using the current ones I have. What I have read through Google seems nice, but I have other questions I am looking to have answered before I bite the bullet on this expense.
U need high ceilings. Search gr33nleaf. He's a rep for monster gardens

Coir

Coir

Search for "gavita" and you will get tons of threads on the subject.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
I read the initiative
If new licenses to sell wont be allowed for two years,
How can a seminar now possibly increase your chances?
It wont it will only increase the pocket book of the person charging 300 bucks to sell you pure speculation. No one will know whats going on for a while. Then just watch big money roll on in! Cottage industries, buch of hopeful hippys sold the farm with out reading the fine print. Hope Im wrong but will see wont we.

Latest posts

Top Bottom