Here we grow!!

• Thread starter Danksgiving
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danksgiving

Danksgiving

This is my first grow here on the farm but I've done some random grows here and there, this is my 4th full grow.

my seeds are started in premix, the less light kind. the seeds are random genetics, i got them from a crazy guy at catskill chill this year who had a jar of them and was going around rolling joints for people and he sold me 45 seeds for 10 bucks haha it was awesome. this is the first time I'm trying these beens so we will see.

Right now i have a 150 watt floralux ups 2 23 watt 6500k cfos and 2 4 ft t8 6500k 35watt each.

the stems are already turning purple, genetics or lack of phosphorous or Mg in the soil?

ill be doing a pH test soon but i don't have a digital meter so its kind of a guess.

let me know what you guys think.
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

Last edited:
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

This early on the purple is probably magnesium deficiency. I always add cal mag to my Nute regiment to make up for any lack of it. Calcium and magnesium are minerals naturally found in water so if your using RO water you definitely need to be adding this. But you also said you haven't been able to get a ph meter yet? Before you start dumping even more money into nutrients try adjusting your ph to between 5.5 and 6.5 to help the efficiency of your nutrient uptake. With a ph that is too high or low you can lock out certain key nutrients.

freespirit

freespirit

They look just fine to me, but yea I would get it down to 80 or lower. Anything over 85 I hear is bad.. It would be a good idea to check your soil pH also.

freespirit

freespirit

It should be fine to kill that HPS for a couple weeks at least also. You could lean that long fluoro over them as well.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

It should be fine to kill that HPS for a couple weeks at least also. You could lean that long fluoro over them as well.
Good advice. Save a buck on electricity and this early on they will thrive with those fluorescents.

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

I'm really nervous about not having my DLI high enough...I've grown wirey plants in the past because of not enough light....

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

As long as they are in those peat pots you'll be fine with the fluoros. Consider turning back on that 150 when you repot.

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

tested ph, by my eye it looked right between 6 and 7 so i think I'm good on that front. I'm hoping since i don't know the genetics of the plant, its just that for the purpling stems. when i start my nutes ill add some calmg

leaned the flouro over and took off the seedling cover because it was just getting too hot.

couldn't convince myself to shut off the 150 though, I'm not too worried about electricity, I'm not running anything big

will post pictures again in a few days

freespirit

freespirit

If that fixes your heat problem great. I ran my 600w hps from day one on my first grow; in retrospect I would have used the CFL's I have now.

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

I'm pretty stubborn sometimes and i think ill have to learn this one the hard way... thanks for all the help....this website really rocks

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

well i gave up my stubbornness and shut off the hps, first pics are 5 days from seed this pic is 10 days from seed and i want to see it moving a little faster and my guess is you guys were totally right, too hot, I'm trying to hold it at 72 now... peace!!
Photo

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

Day 21 from seed. IMO they are slooooow, like i said earlier the genetics are unknown but we will see what the results are.

i changed rooms to a bigger closet in my house, i did that about 5 days after i transplanted ( i transplanted day 14) the room was much colder than i was anticipating so the first day the temps where between 58 and 62, i turned my HPS light on as a heater but i gotta move it a little closer, until i get some chain i through a heating mat under them. the temps are between 58 and 66 now still a little cold i think and that may be why they look to be growing pretty slow. let me know what you guys think!

Photo 1
Photo 4
Photo 2
Photo 3

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

I was wondering if you guys had any intuition on genetics... 3 leaves means kush? i don't actually know that i feel like I've heard it before...

kindfire

kindfire

Three leaves means nothing at all. Sounds like stoner BS. With fluoro's keep the plants within a couple inches of the light or they will stretch. And when you've spent that kind of money on genetics you have a real crap shoot. Best of luck with the grow.

kindfire

kindfire

Good. Sounds like your running a bit cool. Maybe a space heater to keep em closer to 65 at the coldest. I had a grow that was dropping into the upper 50's at night. It stressed the girls and hermied several diff plants plus they will grow much faster

Top Bottom