Here's a question about 600w vs 1k

• Thread starter newentown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Well I meant that her set up exceeded most peoples expectations. I guess the jury is still out. :writing:
And I wish her well. No disrespect to her or you!

sometimes on this intranet thingy it's damn hard to communicate what you mean without sounding like you're a hater, ass, or idiot (or all three). i've been practicing, but seems to be about as difficult as hitting 4#/ for me.
Yeah, vocal intonation/inflection does not seem to transfer when typing... takes a lot of smiley faces to text my girl sometimes so she doesn't get the wrong idea...

B

Burned Haze

" LIKE OMG I GROW 10000000 LIGHTS AND built 100 grows DAWG , respect" lol

Why do all these guys on the net have to brag they did this and that? prob did not if so cause Nobody cares .... cause the real dudes are working to do lol

Get over your self and google that and learn that before bragging that

D

devilmist

Solis Tek has that splitter for 2 6's off the 1K's..I bet it will make them run hard though...I'd like to try one for sure. Would you buy all 600 watt ballasts?..or just all 1k's and switch the watts? I'm thinking the ground rules..are going to be the same comparison for smaller rooms..as well as big rooms, if ya think about it. Like, do I wanna run 6 1k's, or do I wanna run 10 6's?
The answer might be, if I'm only growing tops of canopies and don't need to worry about penetration of a 1K...maybe I can stretch the square footage a tiny bit? And would it matter which bulbs..maybe not.
What's you're thinking?..why do you think 6's will fair better?

Im curious about this splitter myself, saw one and wasnt sure if my old 1k internals will handle it. I've run strains that had serious light sensitivity to 1ks, and assuming the splitter works you would have a nice sog setup.

2c

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

That splitter is no good, IME. Never quite the growth of two 600s with dedicated ballasts, and I found out why from an electrician buddy.
A 1000w ballast is not going to magically produce 1200w by splitting the power. In essence, with a splitter, you're running your 600w bulbs at around 500w. This not only reduces the amount of light, but a 'dimmed' HID bulb also changes in spectrum when it is under-powered.

D

devilmist

That splitter is no good, IME. Never quite the growth of two 600s with dedicated ballasts, and I found out why from an electrician buddy.
A 1000w ballast is not going to magically produce 1200w by splitting the power. In essence, with a splitter, you're running your 600w bulbs at around 500w. This not only reduces the amount of light, but a 'dimmed' HID bulb also changes in spectrum when it is under-powered.

Ok thats what i was questioning myself. Cool idea if it worked. That makes sense spectrum wise too, at 500 it would never heat up the whole way in laymans terms.

2c

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Education reading learn absorb. apply, This is where to get it right the 1st time IMHO If you look at only 5 well known farmers here the experience in years are in the hundreds. nothing beats time

mr roboto

mr roboto

lol people trying to do too much for noobs , your probably gonna end up blowing out a transformer and the power company is gonna come knocking because it isn't hard to tell whos using all the power on the block. here in socal edison will charge between $25k-$35k depending on which transformer plus damages to whatever the fire from the transformer explosion .....money gone

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I like to reflect on @ at this point who is fucking killing it right now after most of us here talked shit on her.

If I were you newentown I would take a look at new lighting technology, and buy 1k dimmable ballasts. Then you can play with it.

Washington can not get any weed because everyones flower is not passing the mold test ... ]inthegorge lets hope for her it does .. 4000 a pound because of shortage .. that right there bam outta biz.. whole crop... thats why u need to do it right !

straincreation

straincreation

Dayuum. This is hell of a touchy subject. People gettin hostile, not the norm here on the farms. But hell of read IMO. Can only wish one day I have the space to blow up on this level.........

Ahhh... one day.
Happy farmin;) bestof luck to ya .

Top Bottom