Here's why you Lolly Pop your plants

• Thread starter ThickBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThickBudz

ThickBudz

So In the two pictures below, same plant (S'98 "PRE' 98 BUBBA x S.A.G.E") first picture is the plant before harvest. It's a beautiful plant, buds are nice but never really stacked that nicely. Plant is at 11 weeks of flower and just getting a couple amber trich's. So I harvested the plant, and strung it up, then started some trimming of the fan leaves. And that's when I noticed it, a huge cluster of Bud in the intersection of the lower branches. Apparently I need glasses, the buds were thick as hell and had just developing the hairs. If I had to guess, they looked like the 6th week of flower, 4 weeks behind the rest of the plant. Holy Cow, I'm willing to bet there is at least a 1/2 ounce of bud there. So, I always Lolly pop but the plants were short and I assumed there was enough light getting all the way through. If I would have taken the time to clean up the lower section of the plant, the upper section would have likely stacked better and would have matured much sooner.

My hypothesis is that the lower portion of the plant was stealing all the energy and holding the rest of the plant back. It's a 8-10 week flowering plant at 11 weeks and probably could have went another week before harvest. So, moral of the story is, you get out of your garden what you put in. I got lazy this grow and didn't do all the things I should have and paid for it in the end.

Lesson Learned.

ThickBudz

Nolollypopfullplantjpg
Nolollypopjpg

Madbud

Madbud

Those single finger leaves at top mean she revegged. You change the light or have a leak?

ThickBudz

ThickBudz

that’s a pretty shinny green plant for the end of flowering?
Yeah, your right. I just got tired of waiting on her, 6 weeks of Veg, 11 Weeks of Flower. I still have other plants in the tent that still have some clear trichomes yet. Everything went wrong this time, a couple of the plants hermied on me (see pic). This is the second time I tried flood and drain, First time was a pretty good success, this time., not so much.
Hermie

I have another batch of seedlings right behind this grow. Taking a different route this time, back to organics.

Thanks,
ThickBudz

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah, your right. I just got tired of waiting on her, 6 weeks of Veg, 11 Weeks of Flower. I still have other plants in the tent that still have some clear trichomes yet. Everything went wrong this time, a couple of the plants hermied on me (see pic). This is the second time I tried flood and drain, First time was a pretty good success, this time., not so much.View attachment 1117253

I have another batch of seedlings right behind this grow. Taking a different route this time, back to organics.

Thanks,
ThickBudz
cool,
thanks for posting..

ThickBudz

ThickBudz

Those single finger leaves at top mean she revegged. You change the light or have a leak?
Wow, that great info, I didn't know that. You know, This is my first year using LED (Mars Hydro TSW2000), HPS before that, but I doubt that could be it. What's different is I am using Smart plugs to control my lights and I have had other smart plugs that did not turn off when they were supposed to. I wonder if that has happened to me with my tent lights? Prior to that I just used the Hydrofarm Digital Timer, worked flawlessly. You have me thinking hard about this now. As far as light leaks go, with all the lights off in the basement, I see a couple pin holes with light on the tent walls. Nothing major, literally just pin holes. I'll throw some tape on those.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll tighten some things up here. reveg never crossed my mind.

ThickBudz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You dont have to trim off anything if you train the plants to stay in the lights effective footprint and depth. My garden gets bent and trained to 30” over the pot max. And they flower nice down to the bottom branches.

ThickBudz

ThickBudz

You don't have to trim off anything if you train the plants to stay in the lights effective footprint and depth. My garden gets bent and trained to 30” over the pot max. And they flower nice down to the bottom branches.
Thanks for the insight, Just jumped over to your link and your producing some beautiful plants! I want to be like you when I grow up brother!! excellent job, and thanks for the tip.

ThickBudz

Oldman13

Oldman13

Thanks for the insight, Just jumped over to your link and your producing some beautiful plants! I want to be like you when I grow up brother!! excellent job, and thanks for the tip.

ThickBudz
Lollipop- lollipop -lollipop-- lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop___LOLLIPOP

Oldman13

Oldman13

Like wow, I've been sitting in some chat room staring at the walls going round and round and round finally I got completely covered in cobwebs my room was overtaken by some strange Force but it was like a force from nowhere

Oldman13

Oldman13

Lollipop- lollipop -lollipop-- lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop___LOLLIPOP
Actually I don't know where I am or how I got here but I think I better say something soon before and snatched away once again something about too much THC and not enough farming going on around here which is not a bad thing but remember it only have THC if you do the farming

Oldman13

Oldman13

Actually I don't know where I am or how I got here but I think I better say something soon before and snatched away once again something about too much THC and not enough farming going on around here which is not a bad thing but remember it only have THC if you do the farming
I have a question here I don't know if anybody is even going to get this but I'll ask it anyway right – – is there a problem with a green Mossy organic growing on my, root riot grow cubes that are practically almost 100% dry but it's growing anyway, - - - it's alive

Oldman13

Oldman13

I have a question here I don't know if anybody is even going to get this but I'll ask it anyway right – – is there a problem with a green Mossy organic growing on my, root riot grow cubes that are practically almost 100% dry but it's growing anyway, - - - it's alive
CM210425 174451001

Oldman13

Oldman13

Oops wrong picture I say I wish I could review these damn things before I send them since there so small on my phone . Actually LOL I thought that was one of the root cubes
Hell is even came through I don't even see it anymore but if it did come through those were three Diablos seeds took 2 weeks to root dash dash – usually it only does it in 122 days

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey you really have to start one thread, get a thread title and post everything in there otherwise people will get annoyed and won’t help you out.. etc..

Oldman13

Oldman13

Hell is even came through I don't even see it anymore but if it did come through those were three Diablos seeds took 2 weeks to root dash dash – usually it only does it in 122 days
Damn that typo I think he's escaped once again - - - typo correction... That was one, two, two days not 122 days

Oldman13

Oldman13

hey you really have to start one thread, get a thread title and post everything in there otherwise people will get annoyed and won’t help you out.. etc..
Well I thought I had a thread I've been there for a week or so I've asked questions I've done numerous things and never get answers never even get to talk to anybody that looks like maybe I should just leave this place for good I can't seem to find my way around or even fit in! it looks like I'm already annoying you apparently

Oldman13

Oldman13

Well I thought I had a thread I've been there for a week or so I've asked questions I've done numerous things and never get answers never even get to talk to anybody that looks like maybe I should just leave this place for good I can't seem to find my way around or even fit in! it looks like I'm already annoying you apparently
So I was right back to talk to myself myself but tenfold

Oldman13

Oldman13

So I was right back to talk to myself myself but tenfold
I guess it's maybe might be good by then kind of a bummer I kind of like it here! But if I'm an annoyance didn't matter what I like

Top Bottom