Hermi Seed Plant??

• Thread starter mynameisbob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mynameisbob

Hey everyone,right now I'm trying my luck with some hermie seeds/plant. Here's the weed they came from (it's really good,UW Purp) so I planted 3. 2 survived. This is day 34 of one. Basically what are my chances of females? I've heard 50/50 but I've also heard that the seeds will be guaranteed hermie. I'd rather have guaranteed hermie because you could just clip pollen sacs off as you see them to minimize seed production. I've got Atleast 50 seeds of this strain. So curious to see how they turn out,

Hermi seed plant
Hermi seed plant 2
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey everyone,right now I'm trying my luck with some hermie seeds/plant. Here's the weed they came from (it's really good,UW Purp) so I planted 3. 2 survived. This is day 34 of one. Basically what are my chances of females? I've heard 50/50 but I've also heard that the seeds will be guaranteed hermie. I'd rather have guaranteed hermie because you could just clip pollen sacs off as you see them to minimize seed production. I've got Atleast 50 seeds of this strain. So curious to see how they turn out,
If its a jenner plant its more like 90%female/10%male chances.

M

mynameisbob

Why waste your time? I hear that so much about hermies but it doesn't make sense. Even if you don't find it worth clipping the pollen sacs or taking the time to pick apart seeds from buds,you can still use the plant in its entirety to make hash,edibles or concentrates.

M

mynameisbob

And yeah it's a Jenner I'm pretty sure. To my knowledge the plants were hermied towards the end of flowering. The majority of them aren't even fully developed. Just little green seeds. There's a good number of viable seeds though.

M

mynameisbob

And I'm not wasting any money. The seeds came from a half oz I got for $60 (and it's really dank) otherwise I've spent $10 on the entire grow and it's going fantastic.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Let me break it down to you.

Once a bud site gets douched with pollen from a hermie plant, it stops bud growth and goes into seed mode. Why the F would I want to keep wasting time and light growing seeded bud? I have very picky patients and I'm a connoisseur of mj. I ONLY smoke my elite strains, nothing else. And I only smoke solventless rosin now, no more flowers. No one I know will pay for seeded buds. Maybe in your circle, seeded bud is acceptable, not in any circle I know of.

In 6 weeks come back to this thread and please quote the below phrase....
"I told you so".

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

all fine and dandy till you purchase some expensive seeds and they all get preggo from the hermie pollen contaminated room :)
Might as well invest in a sleeping bag and enjoy plucking sacs cause for everyone you pluck 20 - 50 more will show :) who really has time for that shit show ?
But if your content then by all means giver shat ..
Sure there are much better dank weed and if you paid 60 for half oz in my world it would be Ditch weed 60 bucks would get you a 8th of real Dank

Its not about growing hermies its about the accidental contamination on the grow after words and so on and so on

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Let me break it down to you.

Once a bud site gets douched with pollen from a hermie plant, it stops bud growth and goes into seed mode. Why the F would I want to keep wasting time and light growing seeded bud? I have very picky patients and I'm a connoisseur of mj. I ONLY smoke my elite strains, nothing else. And I only smoke solventless rosin now, no more flowers. No one I know will pay for seeded buds. Maybe in your circle, seeded bud is acceptable, not in any circle I know of.

In 6 weeks come back to this thread and please quote the below phrase....
"I told you so".

Got to love what makes dope dank ?? i mean for one person Calling it dank could be to another person brick weed i think dank weed is over used this is stupid dank sacred seed 1978 seeds :) for many this the real Deal RKS
RKS T5

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I've personally grown a ton of bag seeds some batches straight herm bombs while others never showed any intersex.....also gg4 is bag seed on bag seed its hermi this x that .then hermi that to an other plant

M

mynameisbob

So back to clipping pollen sacs off. I've heard this can produce seedless buds from hermie plants.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I've personally grown a ton of bag seeds some batches straight herm bombs while others never showed any intersex.....also gg4 is bag seed on bag seed its hermi this x that .then hermi that to an other plant
funny i was writing about GG4 when you posted this I know JoseyWhales very well that is exactly what happened his chem hermied and pollinated the sour dub all by accident..
True original GG4 is hermie prone

M

mynameisbob

I just had some Future #4 which is a GG4/Future cross. Loved it. Never had straight GG though. A pic

Latest posts

Top Bottom