Hermie after hermie what the ....

• Thread starter Bangarang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seaslug

seaslug

Probably doesn't apply here but my friend hermied his plants because he couldn't believe the little neon at the end of an extension cord would be enough to trigger it. Oh yeah, especially for a Thai hybrid.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

You can tell if you're getting root bound in veg by the plants throwing pre-flowers

Whats up solid,
Never heard this before. I rarely have them in veg longer than a couple weeks to get them acclimated to the new digs but one time i HAD to push it a week or so longer but I have seen pre flowers before I just thought it was because of the long veg time. Very interesting.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I had to magic marker my hater lights. I didn't have any herms but I wasn't going to wait and find out. Never really thought it was going to be an issue but I did it anyways.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whats up solid,
Never heard this before. I rarely have them in veg longer than a couple weeks to get them acclimated to the new digs but one time i HAD to push it a week or so longer but I have seen pre flowers before I just thought it was because of the long veg time. Very interesting.
It is indeed true. Also, plants that are more rootbound will flower and finish faster, in my experience, than their exact same sisters in larger containers.

B

Bangarang

Ok so these are some variables that i can work on. I do not think it is the pesticides but am will change variables. I do get the full spec test just for my knowledge and it comes up clean. The only thing that comes up here and there is mold because my humidity is out of control. Coastal life.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I don't think light leaks are the cause, pH pH pH. Feeding between 2.0-2.4 is real strong andmost likely completely unnecessary. The light on a power strip has nowhere near the intensity to cause issues. Unless there are other problems present, again it the OTHER problems. Sometimes being root bound can cause. Never feed 2.4 not even with 1500ppm co2 and multiple 1000w. WAY too much. Imo.

Good luck

Cort

Cort

I agree the light from a power strip isnt enough to cause herm in the entire grow, maybe localized, but for want of a tiny bit of duct tape....

B

Bangarang

Ok so my EC is too high. How would a fella reformulate his feed. I feed GH 6ml Micro 9ml Bloom and 5ml Cal/Mg as my base and this takes my water from EC .5 to an EC 1.9. This gives me no room for additives. How would i reformulate my feed so that i would not deprive them of anything?

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

well i would just like t say i dont see the 1/2 hr difference every now and then to make a diff...often i am opening my rooms 30 min to 1 hrs early so i can go in and start spraying, or ill just flip the timer 30 min early cuz i want to spray one room ...so im always jumping baack and forth and ive never had a hermie this way...mayeb with weaker genetics it would happen but ive never seen it happen

edit...not to mention i got a 2" gap under my door where light can always get in...never had a herm

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Ok so my EC is too high. How would a fella reformulate his feed. I feed GH 6ml Micro 9ml Bloom and 5ml Cal/Mg as my base and this takes my water from EC .5 to an EC 1.9. This gives me no room for additives. How would i reformulate my feed so that i would not deprive them of anything?
Feed at half the recommended doseage and slowly raise it every feed until it acts up then pull back a notch. Or just reduce your feed in ratio!

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

well i would just like t say i dont see the 1/2 hr difference every now and then to make a diff...often i am opening my rooms 30 min to 1 hrs early so i can go in and start spraying, or ill just flip the timer 30 min early cuz i want to spray one room ...so im always jumping baack and forth and ive never had a hermie this way...mayeb with weaker genetics it would happen but ive never seen it happen

edit...not to mention i got a 2" gap under my door where light can always get in...never had a herm
Personally i dont believe in light leaks causing herms unless its radiating on the plant like a ray of light and a pin hole or neon strip lights dont make rays strong enough. Thats like a flicker of light 100yards aways lighting you path, and what about the moon or the moon after rain with all the reflections!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if your adjusting your light schedual this could cause this. if its happening time after time its obviously soemthing you are doing. by messing with the timmers opening early you could forget to turn it off and then the light stays on for a day until the next time the timer is set to turn it off. get a green light headband if you every need to go into the room early.

as far as the feed and additives go depnding on what you are adding is how you would adjust your feed. so if your adding say koolbloom 0-10-10 liquid lower your micro by 1 or 2 ml and lower your bloom by 2 or 3 ml then add 3-5 ml of the koolbloom

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Personally i dont believe in light leaks causing herms unless its radiating on the plant like a ray of light and a pin hole or neon strip lights dont make rays strong enough. Thats like a flicker of light 100yards aways lighting you path, and what about the moon or the moon after rain with all the reflections!

yeah, the only thing ive personally ever noticed from light leaks, is that it will delay flowering, causing smaller buds cuz they will ripen quicker but swell slower, causing them to look ripe, but take much longer to be actually ripe.

one thing i have had problems before that did cause some nanners to pop up...was my timer "on" pin not being screwed in enough, so when it was time to turn on one day i guess instead of flipping th on switch, the on switch just kept pushing the timer back delaying it...for like week in mid flower the plants got atleast an extra 5 hrs light till i walked in and noticed, used a set of pliers to tighten the screw on the intermatic timer

as for adjusting light schedule, my rooms are on a flip, so when one goes 12/12 the other does too.....so sometimes when i flip one room ill start it on 8/16, and the other room 16/8 to keep that room in veg, after about 2-3 weeks i revert both rooms ro 12/12....and no i have never had a herm this way, not even a single nanner

B

Bangarang

if your adjusting your light schedual this could cause this. if its happening time after time its obviously soemthing you are doing. by messing with the timmers opening early you could forget to turn it off and then the light stays on for a day until the next time the timer is set to turn it off. get a green light headband if you every need to go into the room early.

as far as the feed and additives go depnding on what you are adding is how you would adjust your feed. so if your adding say koolbloom 0-10-10 liquid lower your micro by 1 or 2 ml and lower your bloom by 2 or 3 ml then add 3-5 ml of the koolbloom

My timers run constant in flower. The only weird change is that there first night of flower tends to be one long day then 12/12. My timers never change unless there is a power outage.

Thanks for your comment. It woke me up. I switched from a Hanna meter to BlueLab last year and was interpreting my EC x500. I have been having headaches ever since i did this change. What a minor thing that was overlooked. Ok so it is time to move forward.
You made the example of how to change the micro and bloom with kool bloom. How did you come up with these numbers? 1:2

I guess what i am saying is.... I used to use GH with RO water at 10 micro 14 bloom and would crush it. I changed rooms and some variables and reduced it to 6m-9b. I though i knew GH well but there is still some tweeking to be done. So if i want to feed Big Bud at full dose, how do you know that you are feeding the right ratio of your base nutes?

So if Moab calls for half strength what would that be with GH? 3m-4.5b? I am trying really hard to dial in this formula.

I have been having weird problems for a long time and i think that i have been pushing my EC too hard, even though i have been doing well. Minus the hermie issue.

xrob415x

xrob415x

I think it is RA's or You adding 30 min to the light cycle. One gallon also seems like not close to enough medium. Coco tends to require less medium per pot compared to others but one gallon seems tiny. I dont think it is your sprays of nute mix. I have seen countless people burn the shit outta plants with no hermies. I have also seem people bombing their plants with hot toxic foliar sprays that damage the the plant; still no hermie. From my experience majority of hermies happen due to light cycle tampering or Extreme pest attacks. Y not just start at 12/12 and stay there y do you go for 11.5 hrs??

seaslug

seaslug

"pest attacks", that sounds familiar for my friend's grow in post #21.

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

The big guys are already helping you but I will share a tip for light leaks.

Lock yourself in your room, lights off and sit for 5-10 mins in the dark. have every light possible on OUTSIDE your room. Your eyes will adjust to the dark and every tiny speck of light will show up, hit these with a magic marker and seal them up. Repeat test

haha i did this exact same thing, its a great opportunity to meditate too while your sitting in a pitch black room for ten minutes, great way to give your room good vibes before you start!

B

Bangarang

I think it is RA's or You adding 30 min to the light cycle. One gallon also seems like not close to enough medium. Coco tends to require less medium per pot compared to others but one gallon seems tiny. I dont think it is your sprays of nute mix. I have seen countless people burn the shit outta plants with no hermies. I have also seem people bombing their plants with hot toxic foliar sprays that damage the the plant; still no hermie. From my experience majority of hermies happen due to light cycle tampering or Extreme pest attacks. Y not just start at 12/12 and stay there y do you go for 11.5 hrs??
I run 11.5 because of power distribution. I have to play a balancing game because of limited power.
I do not modify the light schedule ever. They just get one long day when they go into flower.

B

Bangarang

Started the attack on RA's with a full soak of ExcitR. Everyone was soaked for 15 minutes (I mean fully submerged to the stalk in a bucket). These girls are in Veg. I soaked them two weeks ago and have feed 4 or 5 times with 900ppm. I started to notice a deficiency of lime green/ lime yellow leaves so i checked the run off and it came out at 1800 and a Ph of 5.2. Could the ExcitR have suffocated my roots? I just flushed them all real hard and got ppms down to 850 and Ph up to 5.7. But what caused this?
I have a new approach to my feeding schedule and will not exceed 1200 until i can figure out what causes nut sacks to appear.

Top Bottom