Hey farmers

• Thread starter Dosifry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dosifry

Dosifry

I have the potassium silicate but stopped using it after the first week because whenever I added it my rez would look cloudy the next day. I will try it again but let it sit an hour before adding the other nutes. The roots look white from what I can see. It’s now a super dense root mass however.
I would add that info to your ph thread definitely.
So the flora duo A 5-0-6 is 4.4 nitrate and .6 ammoniacal (5ml/gal)
The flora duo B 1-5-4 is almost even split. (10 ml/gal)
Cali magic all 1% is nitrate nitrogen.
I’m in 3 gallon pots and they are ALWAYS heavy. I’m doing 2 watering cycles one for two minutes, one for one minute. Roughly (very) .3 gal per minute. I haven’t tried real hard to measure runoff and dial in the amount that runs through. Every instinct tells me TOO MUCH WATER. I’ve always grown in peat based or peat/coco, never straight coco. So I’d be thinking root die back because I’m slightly suffocating them therefore the drop in the ph.
Okay I’m rambling. Week 3 of flower btw and thank you! I will now go read the link you just posted. Already read your ph thread good stuff👍👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's gives good deta on how ph can be affected by uptake but also gives good info on how the ph of the soil affects the form... I just skimmed so I think it does but if not... lower ph shifts free ammonia into ammonium and vice versa. As ammonium is taken up it will lower ph and covert more ammonia to ammonium. So you can see there are a few factors at play.

Gonna leave it there and see what transpires on the convo.

@Dosifry if you rather me take this convo to a new or different thread just let me know I don't wanna clog up your grow log.

Dosifry

Dosifry

It's gives good deta on how ph can be affected by uptake but also gives good info on how the ph of the soil affects the form... I just skimmed so I think it does but if not... lower ph shifts free ammonia into ammonium and vice versa. As ammonium is taken up it will lower ph and covert more ammonia to ammonium. So you can see there are a few factors at play.

Gonna leave it there and see what transpires on the convo.

@Dosifry if you rather me take this convo to a new or different thread just let me know I don't wanna clog up your grow log.
Lol no it’s cool I’d rather have it in one place so I can find it easy. Less stuff for me to remember 🤪

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have the potassium silicate but stopped using it after the first week because whenever I added it my rez would look cloudy the next day. I will try it again but let it sit an hour before adding the other nutes. The roots look white from what I can see. It’s now a super dense root mass however.
I would add that info to your ph thread definitely.
So the flora duo A 5-0-6 is 4.4 nitrate and .6 ammoniacal (5ml/gal)
The flora duo B 1-5-4 is almost even split. (10 ml/gal)
Cali magic all 1% is nitrate nitrogen.
I’m in 3 gallon pots and they are ALWAYS heavy. I’m doing 2 watering cycles one for two minutes, one for one minute. Roughly (very) .3 gal per minute. I haven’t tried real hard to measure runoff and dial in the amount that runs through. Every instinct tells me TOO MUCH WATER. I’ve always grown in peat based or peat/coco, never straight coco. So I’d be thinking root die back because I’m slightly suffocating them therefore the drop in the ph.
Okay I’m rambling. Week 3 of flower btw and thank you! I will now go read the link you just posted. Already read your ph thread good stuff👍👍
When you add the silica let it mix by itself for an 30 min or even an hr if a big res... DO NOT PH ADJUST until after that mixing time. Then adjust to 6.5 and add nutrients. It needs time to mix at a high ph.

Dosifry

Dosifry

Okay will do. Normally I don’t need to adjust the ph at all. It always hits 5.8-6. W the potassium silicate should I adjust down if I’m above 6.5 when all said and done?
And btw Thanks again for your time 👍👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So most of my N is in nitrate form, confusing
Overall N is down from veg, overall rootmass is up and that means natural root shedding is increased... that root shedding is in large part producing ammonia as its broken down from it organic state. Then in order for it to be converted to nitrate you need the bacteria that will break it down into nitrite and then a different one that breaks it into nitrate. If you have them it happens extremely fast... within minutes. I would be able to tell you if I was there as I have all the tests for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. You can cheat though. Catch some of or use a syringe to pull water from the media and take it to a local fish store they will test it for free and tell you if you have ammonia/ammonium in it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay will do. Normally I don’t need to adjust the ph at all. It always hits 5.8-6. W the potassium silicate should I adjust down if I’m above 6.5 when all said and done?
And btw Thanks again for your time 👍👍
Yes absolutely you ph after mixing then always again after you've adding the others... always ph adjust at the end.

If you wanna ditch the silicate you can replace it with potassium bicarbonate.... very cheap also and effective.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So as technical as I got in 3 gal you maybe just need to get a bit more runoff at the feeds and toss in enzymes once a week (which is always a good idea issues or not) it really help keep the roots cleaned up and healthy.

Bacteria probably not the best way to go in a grow style with high runoff.

With all the shit I posted it can all likely be fixed with more runoff. I tend to get deep into the why's so others can understand what and why things are happening... ontop of that I tend to through out a lot of things that can be done to correct them often way to complex.

But I think it's important to understand because different situations may need a different course of action... and if ppl can understand my jibberish hopefully they can take away an understanding of how things work.

Have to say sorry to the readers for getting a bit to deep on this but I'm a nerd on a lot of this stuff so I sometimes get over excited talking about it.

Dosifry

Dosifry

Yo! It is FAR from gibberish and it is having the exact effect your intending it to have. I can’t say it enough. You speak in a way I can understand it. I can relate to the reasons and the drive that lets you take things to where they end up. If you get too bogged down in consideration then it’s easy to loose the initial momentum. I key right in so let fly my man!😁👍

Dosifry

Dosifry

Aww shit! Yes use the KCHO3 sparingly will do. Potassium bicarbonate yeah I know what your talking about. Green Cure for pm I think is potassium bicarbonate. I have some I’ll check it out. It’s cartoon time now, literally lol!! Ty

Dosifry

Dosifry

Aqua man✌️ Soi tested the ammonia w an aquarium test kit. I put a syringe in the side of the pot and pulled out just enough to work with. Looks like 1ppm. Do I need an enzyme and if so Can I use an enzyme from fish store or should I goto hydro store? Thanks man. Latest ph runoff was 5.3. I’ve started using the potassium bicarbonate as well and am still between 800-900 ppm w 3 1 minute waterings a day.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua man✌️ Soi tested the ammonia w an aquarium test kit. I put a syringe in the side of the pot and pulled out just enough to work with. Looks like 1ppm. Do I need an enzyme and if so Can I use an enzyme from fish store or should I goto hydro store? Thanks man. Latest ph runoff was 5.3. I’ve started using the potassium bicarbonate as well and am still between 800-900 ppm w 3 1 minute waterings a day.
Can use the fish store stuff or something like fish shit (actual product name), enzymes, beneficial bacteria such as Raw microbes bloom.

I like the raw bloom just for ease... sprinkle on the top and done. Then a weekly dose of enzymes like komplete or hygrozyme

It's not detrimental or anything just shows it's lacking the bacteria to convert it. Beneficial bacteria and enzymes are a great addition to any grow.

Dosifry

Dosifry

I’ve got 72 plus plants. Maybe I’d be better off mixing into rez! I normally mix 100 gallon at a time. Would fish store stuff be cheaper? Ya think? Thanks again for the help. The plants look great still btw.

Dosifry

Dosifry

Ph and send me a link or directions on making the nitro bacteria stuff? U said it takes 5 weeks? I’d like to have that on hand. I never realized that interveinal swelling was water build up from restricted transpiration. Haha! I’ve seen it before but never knew. Your a good read lol!!

Top Bottom