Hey farmers

• Thread starter Dosifry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dosifry

Dosifry

By the way I’m running 4 one minute events every cycle and yes I do blast through water and nutes. If I scal pot size down it just seems wise to dial this part in. The coco is already at field capacity or sat point whichever so it doesn’t take much to get the runoff I’m looking for.

Dosifry

Dosifry

Aqua what is how this? She told me $340 USD for an 800 watt led fixture with stupid high ppfd is it? This can’t be real!
4161F2A5 3E02 4C60 9E43 A81F4C99C6A5
4161F2A5 3E02 4C60 9E43 A81F4C99C6A5

Dosifry

Dosifry

They posted in best led forum. Bullshit right? Copy cat crap? It must take more than that to manufacture said light. Btw I’m not that much of a sucker but I don’t know the led game at all. What’s up w this shit?

Dosifry

Dosifry

Ask if they can provide report from an independent lab.

Welcome fellow, your room looks very nice. Is it very time consuming?
Thanks farmer!! Time consuming? Yes and no. Yes because I need to move the canopy another foot from the wall so I can access the back side. In the past it’s not been too much problem because I generally run fewer larger plants so the first trellis net is placed higher so I can squiggle underneath to prune the plants against the wall. This time running coco for the first time I filled space with almost 2x as many plants. Less veg time but the first net I placed lower. So Couple that w all the extra plants and one needs to be the size of a smurf to get in there to do the back two rows much justice. I try though and yes it’s a major pita and I can’t prune everything I want. Needless to say after I cut things are going to change in which case it’s not too bad. A few hours a week give or take?
will ask your question to the led lady. Very good suggestions!

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

That question is a good indicator of the seriousness of the company i think.
I went with meijiu and kingbrite. Both chinese led companies.

This time could be the time of the dwarfs. I mean short people(vertically inclined/challenged) if I was american and it was politically accepted i could start a grow with a team of midgets as my helpers. It would be Willy wonka reloaded

Dosifry

Dosifry

That question is a good indicator of the seriousness of the company i think.
I went with meijiu and kingbrite. Both chinese led companies.

This time could be the time of the dwarfs. I mean short people(vertically inclined/challenged) if I was american and it was politically accepted i could start a grow with a team of midgets as my helpers. It would be Willy wonka reloaded
I know nothing about led chips, diodes, drivers etc. literally nothing. One thing I have noticed it seems like the higher end lights are always listing the types of components the lights are made with. Samsung, Osram and I don’t even know what all they are referring to. This light in question lists NONE of those type components in fact it gives no info as to the kind of chips and shit they made it with. Seems they would be bragging about how it was made it if it was that good it just says that each strip is 100 watts. Shit maybe it’s an awesome light for one or two grows? 😂
Meijiu seems pretty popular. How are they price wise? I gather 640 watts is a 4x4 core footprint for flowering. It can probably do most of a five foot canopy would you say?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Well i am a novice. Started with 240w, went to 480w and now its 720w in a 4x4. I will say they are as advertised. They are fine for me. They have good quality chips and drivers, you can go for cree chips too if you like. I think those two offer solid lights.
I am running quantum boards. 3x 240w. Those bar style lights might be better in terms of spread and uniform cover...and maybe heat dissipation as well.

One big difference in the high end led light vs the cheaper ones are they can have the same chips and drivers but different design and / or if they are top bin chips or not.
I doubt most growers notice difference in top bin or not..spectrum and intensity is more important

I have not owned brands like hlg for instance. But I am happy with my spiderfarmer sf2000, meijiu 240w and kingbrite 480w.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agreed ask for independent testing as many base the numbers off a theoretical formula. You want a sphere test.

You want the driver make and model.

The diode brand and bin.

The total numbers of each diode used. The more total diodes the more efficient the light will actually be.

Heatsink or mounting materials for the diodes.

A copy of the warranty as many do not cover humid areas and thus no warranty. Also do they fix or replace. Some just send you the parts and you have to fix it. Others charge you for thw shipping and if this is in China good luck.

Last edited:
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Also be very specific. F.ex. i got too short cords to have the drivers outside of tent. That combined with a inline fan that could not manage the new workload made for shockingly high temps. (34degrees celsius f.ex. with zippers close) when I reached out to them (meijiu) they Said they cant do anything about it except if I order new lights(shitty service yes)

A few days later i contacted them again and insisted on longer cords. 50usd shipping and it was fix'd. Could not find that cable elsewhere..

If you want to see some videos that are educational on led light i suggest migroled on youtube.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

L.E.D. Iight Emitting Diode.
A diode glows when electricity is added to it. Think of a light bulb with the filament inside. When you add electricity, the filament heats up and gives light.
LEDs are almost the same thing except they don't have filaments. The light is caused by the lightning bolt between the two contacts inside the diode.
It takes a very small amount of juice to activate a diode and they give off much more light than the electricity they use.

If I put 10 volts into a diode, it will give off 100 bits of light. If I add another diode and put the same 10 volts, they will both put out 99 bits of light. They are ganged components. The more of them you have together, the more intense the light for almost the same amount of electricity. This is why they are so popular. They run on a small amount of juice and still give nearly as much light.

Diode quality has a lot to do with clean standards. The more pure the doping is (doping=coating a diode), the better quality of light and the more of it.

So basically, LED's are very efficient makers of light and the main thing to look for is the build quality. Does it use quality parts, or is it just slapped together?

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

I think I’m on the introduction page. I’m excited to be checking out your forum. I only recently realized what a great Thing it is to be connected to so many growers to share experiences and information.
I have checked out a couple other growing forums. Although they may have many experienced growers and a lot of good people there’s also a lot of folks with no reservations on bringing out there nasty side. I don’t see a lot of that going on here. I know I can definitely be a weirdo sometimes I I am confident there are more real and excepting people here than in some places I have Visited.
Big WHATS UP to all you farmers out there. Lets get growing 👍
Welcome to the FARM!!! MUAAHAhahahaha 🤪🥴😳😆 Same here, we've visited other grow forums too, seeking to learn and grow more together with like-minded Farmers/Communitites and found some not so friendly sites instead. This is the BEST site we've found so far, TYVM THCFARMER! 👍🤙

Top Bottom