Hey guys first transplant went well

• Thread starter nebraskaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nebraskaguy

Hey guys my first transplant went awesome the girls shoot up really fast and now i have transplanted them into there final pots. I had them in red dixie cups now i have them in 4 gallon buckets and 2 gallon buckets. I have noticed that one has responded to the transplant well and has grown two sets of leaves and two inches in like three days . The others seem to be moving a little slower. I feed twice a week with superthrive and once a month with a plant food that is 10-15-10. Some of the leafs (about two small leafs per plant) have some nuit burn so i have trimmed them off as close to the stem as possible. Is this schedule of feeding right and also should i cut off the dead or sick leaves where i was cutting them? MY light hours are 19-5. I have raised my light up to about 1 and 1/2 feet above my girls as aposed to a foot. the reason for this is I thoght it might influence them to streetch and go for light and to get some more height to them. Is this an ok thing to do this is my first grow and i am so stoked on it thanks for all the help guys and pic coming soon.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Hi NebraskaGuy and welcome to the farm. You didnt let us know what type and wattage of lighting you are using. That would help with your question about raising the lights. The plants will always reach toward the light source, what they call phototropism. If they are under floros then 1 foot might be too high or if you have them under a 600w HPS then it may not be high enough.

Remember that when you transplant, the plants have a lot of pot space to fill in and you will not see top growth until there is enough root to support them. You are posting here in the organic board so I am assuming you are using soil. There should be enough nutrients in the soil to support growth until they really take off. I'd suggest not feeding them for a while and don't overwater. Transplanting can shock plants sometimes so just baby them a little and they will take off before you know it.

N

nebraskaguy

Thaks man for the reply, I am using a 400 watt MH bulb and yes I am planting in soil. I am using Organic Miracle Grow soil. I have done some research and found that miracle grow is something that people say is bad to use. I will post some pictures on here tommoro. Im pretty stoked on this site i have gotten some great info. I would have gotten some pics but the girls are sleeping right now. Thanks again

W

washington

MG can "hold" nutz and feed when you don't need any nutz going to your plants

N

nebraskaguy

Starting today I am going to flush my plants I went to this link and saw what looked to me like nut burn and maybe some heat stress. Here is the link if you guys want , http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/97.htm . Is there any good ways to flush out your plants roots without disturbung the roots? Hope that this link can help someone out.......Later guys. I will put on some pics tonight.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Usually to flush youll put plain water through the container at a rate of 2-3 times the size of the container. So if youre rockin a 2 gallon put 4-6 gallons through it to flush.

sky high

sky high

With that soil I >wouldn't flush<!! IMO it will only release MORE nutes. (when it says it will feed for 2-6 months or WTF it lists there is NO WAY to flush it)

Bro it's only been a few days since you uppotted em..... so get in the car and go find some soil that ISN'T preferted....and retransplant them >gingerly< into that mix.

good luck

s h

N

nebraskaguy

Second Transplant Picture

IMG 0077

Any soil suggestions?
Thanks for the advice to all!

N

nebraskaguy

alright well im going to pat my self on the back because i am flowereing now!! bad news is that it is only two of the four the other two are still growing really slow

Top Bottom