Hey there, I'm new

• Thread starter Mikelej14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Hey everyone! My name is Mike, and I am 32 years old. Just been kinda lurking around reading up and learning as much as I can thru my first grow.
5 Bag seeds... Figured I would just give it a go and figure it out as I go.
4 unknown strain (supposedly Blueberry Kush but I don't believe that, possibly a Chemdogg... Anyway- unknown strain lol) and 1 Silver Cheese.
All at roughly 6 weeks currently.
I don't have a grow tent, so I built myself a little grow space in the back end of a rather large walk-in closet space. Roughly 2x4x5-ish. My lights are a mixture of 5 cheap walmart blurple LED 24" bars, and 6x 40w 48" fluorescent tubes, until I throw down on a 5x50w COB LED DIY I plan to do in the coming weeks. If it is okay I will try loading some pics. Ill start here with just a few more recent pic of it all :)

Hey there im new
Hey there im new 2
Hey there im new 3
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Hey everyone! My name is Mike, and I am 32 years old. Just been kinda lurking around reading up and learning as much as I can thru my first grow.
4 unknown strain (supposedly Blueberry Kush but I don't believe that, possibly a Chemdogg... Anyway- unknown strain lol) and 1 Silver Cheese.
I don't have a grow tent, so I built myself a little grow space in the back end of a rather large walk-in closet space. Roughly 2x4x5-ish. My lights are a mixture of 5 cheap walmart blurple LED 24" bars, and 6x 40w 48" fluorescent tubes, until I throw down on a 5x50w COB LED DIY I plan to do in the coming weeks. If it is okay I will try loading some pics. Ill start here with just a few more recent pic of it all :)
Plants look very healthy man. I am on my 1st grow myself. Nice DIY project. Will be following along. 👍

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Yeah, For the first few weeks of growth, I just had boxes stacked to get them up to the lights which cant be adjusted in this setup. Then I got to thinking, a platform for the plants would be fantastic for airflow and ease of raising or lowering them as they progress.
I ended up using a section of some pretty heavy duty cold rolled steel grating we had left over from another project, and some straps from walmart for $9 and boom easy adjustable platform. Humidifier currently fits perfectly underneath to release some moisture into the bottom fan's breeze but will rearrange things when that time comes to give them some more clearance.

These were some pics right after I got that set up. 💁
And yes halloween candy buckets 😂 the pink one has unicorns on it! And the white ones glowed in the dark. Neat but not practical or big enough for full growth so I eventually got some 3gallon smartpots. The babies freakin loved these new fabric pots. Exploded in growth soon as I made the switch. 💁 plants gotta breath too. Hah

20200312 111723
20200312 111732
20200312 111758
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Just for fun I will go ahead and share the first pics, and the completely makeshift area I had for it while I was putting the other closet together lol tri-fold posterboard! So without futher adú the evolution of my diy grow space 😶

20200210 165554
20200211 212427
20200211 212454
20200211 212506
20200221 210127
20200223 204530
20200223 204918
20200228 223707
20200228 223813 HDR
20200228 223835 HDR
20200228 223915 HDR
20200302 085315 HDR
20200302 085451
ru knuts

ru knuts

Parody from the Jaws movie:
We're gonna need a bigger closet

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Parody from the Jaws movie:
We're gonna need a bigger closet
I am realizing this lol
First grow... Still learning. I want to maximize yield of the space, but I also don't want to wait longer for fewer plants to veg out so much more 💁 i think 3-4 would be perfect for my space, 5 is indeed a bit crowded.. But they are all happy and pretty respectful neighbors lol thankfully theyve been opting to find empty spaces for themself, over bullying for it. I do have to give a little pull in the right directions from time to time but for the most part they made that canopy themself 💁

ru knuts

ru knuts

I am realizing this lol
First grow... Still learning. I want to maximize yield of the space, but I also don't want to wait longer for fewer plants to veg out so much more 💁 i think 3-4 would be perfect for my space, 5 is indeed a bit crowded.. But they are all happy and pretty respectful neighbors lol thankfully theyve been opting to find empty spaces for themself, over bullying for it. I do have to give a little pull in the right directions from time to time but for the most part they made that canopy themself 💁
I think you're going to be maxed out PDQ, hope not tho. If you're gonna try to flower in that closet, I'd be flipping to 12/12 asap.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I think you're going to be maxed out PDQ, hope not tho. If you're gonna try to flower in that closet, I'd be flipping to 12/12 asap.
They already are on 12/12. Theyve been for almost 2 weeks. Took about a week for pistils to show, and now im starting to finally see some little flower coming in :) cant wait to see them finished lol

ru knuts

ru knuts

They already are on 12/12. Theyve been for almost 2 weeks. Took about a week for pistils to show, and now im starting to finally see some little flower coming in :) cant wait to see them finished lol
"The Stretch"
"The Stretch"
I was freaking out my plants (indica dominant) doubled in size and height. Luckily they stopped I have about 3" left to raise my lights. I'm 36 days into flowering and I'll need all 3 of those inches before I'm done.

ru knuts

ru knuts

Have you considered a mini scrog?
Never mind, you don't have room from my prospective anyway.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Have you considered a mini scrog?
I have considered it, thought maybe i could fit around 48-63 squares in a grid depending how i do it, considered using screws or eye hooks or making a pvc frame to put in place where its needed perhaps... 9x7 or 8x6 rows maybe depending on the hole size i suppose

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

The area they are growing in is roughly 36"W x 30"D x 55"H. Mounted fluorescents and led bars with plants on adjustable height hanging platform i can raise or lower as needed. Just to help give better idea of the space. Top lid flips up, door opens up for super easy access.

ru knuts

ru knuts

You seem to have a nice SOG going there.
The area they are growing in is roughly 36"W x 30"D x 55"H. Mounted fluorescents and led bars with plants on adjustable height hanging platform i can raise or lower as needed. Just to help give better idea of the space. Top lid flips up, door opens up for super easy access.
You have a nice SOG with what you have now.

I scrog I have 6 5 gallon buckets on a 4'x6' table. I have to crawl under the scrog to access 2 of my plants. Next grow I'm going to go to an L shape.
IMG 20200408 143236474

Last edited:
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I have to crawl under the scrog to access 2 of my plants. Next grow I'm going to go to an L shape.
Have you thought about doing vertical grows? What do you think of them? I have seen some pretty impressive pics and seems great for limited horizontal space.

ru knuts

ru knuts

Have you thought about doing vertical grows? What do you think of them? I have seen some pretty impressive pics and seems great for limited horizontal space.
I have not. I don't think I have the vertical space to pull it off. I have seem some impressive pics, but never thought about doing it personally

Top Bottom