Hey yall.... new Grow room design ideas needed>>>>>

• Thread starter hiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiboy

hiboy

Heres the shovel my fellow farmers

I'ld like a new advanced grow room set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a 10 x 12 room with a seperate small closet walk in with a size of
3 x 6 for the heat makers and control room. Its at a buddys house so i dont want to go there every day.. every other will fly but every three is ideal.
We all need our privacy. What should i run:
uc.?
flood tables?
dwc.

I have experience 2 years running a flood table with cubes.. simple..
\
\So what do you all recommend
thanks
... its never tooo late to spark

S

smugsmoker90

Flood and drain sounds awsome ..But drippers are even better.I have been running drippers for a while and i swear it has almost doubled my yeild. Whats cool about it is that you can still use you table and acctually use it as a deep water culture if you want. That is exactly what ive done for a while . it has worked out the best for me....well with doing them in tables i say. the bucket system works great too. I drip those as well.

hiboy

hiboy

i recently installed drippers... top feed is so clean...
im just wondering if i should ace these tables
shiiiiiiiiiizzzle

S

smugsmoker90

it really depends on how many you want to do and how big when it comes to the tables. if you talking about the 2x4 tables the most you can really do is eight decent size plants. i Did that all on slabs of rockwool with cubes on top of them. Dripped. It comes out great every time. i really like the tables. they are low maintance and easy. what kind of lights do you have?

hiboy

hiboy

6000 watts in a row currently with 3 3x6 tables... but my new place is different
i want simplicity and production

S

smugsmoker90

wow thats alot of light. more than ive ever delt with. i think you best bet if you are doing clones is to go with the hydro in rockwool. buckets sound like it would be a good option for you expecially with al that light you can grow some monsters for sure.

hiboy

hiboy

I'ld like a system where i check on it every other day or every third day
is that possible with uc>?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hiboy, no way you can run a UC system efficiently if you only check on it every 3 days. You may be able to get away with that with your ebb and flow. Not going to grow any quality meds if you don't give them the attention they deserve bro, even in flood and drain. Put in the time or suffer the consequences of producing just medium grade meds.

What if your UC leaks? PH fluctuations? Unforseen heat spikes? A/C, pump, fan, inline fan malfunctions. Your opperation can quickly be devastated by any of these. Then you have the pest problems that must be dealt with. If you are not around to monitor, you will not be able to handle situations early and therefore correctly. I think a proper grow needs to be attended to daily.

D

D420K

i agree with ogonly..the more time u put into your plants "daily" is gonna determine what quality of product you get..ive learned the hard way bro..i have my best results from a stadium style room in dirt mix ..i like hydro as well but get a better tasting product from dirt..

W

weedfarm

E&F.

you know it

Its bulletproof, no hoses, etc to leak. I have had over 20 different tables setup and never had a leak or flood that was not user created, like leaving the fill hose on.

I have run large ops, and you do not need to check daily. I have an op now that I check daily but I dont do anything. I check PH every 3 days or so, if it moves, its only a couple tenths. I like my PH to float anyway. I take a look and wish I could do something but there is nothing to do.

Or tables DTW.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Currently have 10 x 12 room.....

have a 4' x 10' footprint set for each side with 3- 600watt air cooled hoods on each side measured out and placed for effecient light spread.

I run 4- 2x4 recirculating ebb and flo tables with three airstones hooked up in each table on each side.... super easy

Like weedfarm said this set-up for me is very simple...one day water change...the rest of the week is more casual maintenance...I have learned from mistakes over the years and you can be prepared for lots....get eduacated here on the farm from others mistakes and those who share those mistakes and miscalculations.

I agree about the 2 x 4' tables...I run 7 in my tables for better spread...anymore and they turn into bean poles....just depends if you have numbers to control

L

launchpad

E&F! Is a good low maintenance system. I have left my room for 4 days with no issues.

The air stones are really important because the water has better circulation. Also another helpful item; fluid transfer pump. This pump allows you to use a hose one end to intake water and another hose on the other end to drain water. These pumps are available at home improvement stores. I can drain water, rinse the res tank, and refil each res water in no time!

hiboy

hiboy

Drats...
about the ebb an flow..
wanted less plants and i always throw about 40 plants in 2 4x8 tables..hoping that i
'ld have some good feedback with the uc but like ogonly stated.. the more u put in the more u get out..
gona hit the think tank for a bit..

thanks yall

St3ve

St3ve

plant numbers don't matter.. you can still run ebb an flow with fewer plants. Just veg them longer bro, its all the same. I've had 20 plants on a 4x8 table and pulled close to 4# just floodin n drainin

hiboy

hiboy

thats awesome st3ve.. 4 lbs a good amount.. you must of been like 12 " centers with that many in a 4x8 table.

W

weedfarm

I have a 4x8 now that has 4 plants taking up half the table. In all honesty, after I put up the net and spread everything sideways, I probably could have spread those and filled the whole table. I cut alot back when I switched them to 12/12They did veg for quite some time. But you can grow larger plants in tables

One concern I have with larger plants in large pots in a E&F table is if the roots above the flood line get water. I actually manually top feed once a day. I am considering switching to drip, or E&F/drip combo

Top Bottom