Hi a newbie here from the UK,

• Thread starter BudsAlive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Hi a newbie here from the UK, growing in tent in Coco & Perlite, got 3 seeds on the go, just popped the seeds off, and looking good and strong so far. I'm having problems with getting the right pH level using coca A&B mix. Then having to add -Ph to make it balance, is this ok ?
My strain is Royal Dwarf Automatic ✌️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi a newbie here from the UK, growing in tent in Coco & Perlite, got 3 seeds on the go, just popped the seeds off, and looking good and strong so far. I'm having problems with getting the right pH level using coca A&B mix. Then having to add -Ph to make it balance, is this ok ?
My strain is Royal Dwarf Automatic ✌
Welcome, where'd you get a picture of my Bombay cat?

100 3134
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you explain how you are mixing your nutes?

Most often the ph will need adjust after mixing your nutrients. Depending on the source water you may need more or less ph down. If you are using a lot of acid it may be worth your time checking out your local water report to find out why.

I take it you have a ph pen. Do you have a TDs meter and is it 500ppm or 700ppm scale. Usually the higher the ppm the more your ph will drop.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Thanks for your reply, I've been trying to source water with a low pH ..tried all sorts, and my tap water comes out best with a pH of 7.0 . So it's high to start with. I'm mixing Canna A & B as instructed. But my pH is still at 7.0.
I have not used a TDs meter. Do I really need it ?

Most often the ph will need adjust after mixing your nutrients. Depending on the source water you may need more or less ph down. If you are using a lot of acid it may be worth your time checking out your local water report to find out why.

I take it you have a ph pen. Do you have a TDs meter and is it 500ppm or 700ppm scale. Usually the higher the ppm the more your ph will drop.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for your reply, I've been trying to source water with a low pH ..tried all sorts, and my tap water comes out best with a pH of 7.0 . So it's high to start with. I'm mixing Canna A & B as instructed. But my pH is still at 7.0.
I would say it's a good investment.

7 is not bad at all for tap. Almost everyone in hydro has to ph their nutrients. Usually ph down.

With a ppm meter you can tell the strength of the feed and often the adequacy of your tap water. This is important.

Mix nutrients first then ph down in coco I think 5.8-6.2 is ideal. I grow in pure hydro.

Unless using RO water you will likely have to use ph down. That's just because the ph is easily influenced but also unstable.

I would recommend getting a ppm meter and ph down. The need to ph in hydro is almost a must and so is knowing your ppm of tap and nutrients.

If you can get one that calibratable that's would be best if not I can link you a recipe to make calibration solution and you can use it just to check your meter for verification it close to accurate

Ph 007

Ph 007

I use canna nutrients coco,
I don't add the root stuff called rhiztonic when their tinby plants. Because the rhiztonic makes the pH go up a few points.. Ass up the feed the pH drops so adding that rhiztonic is ok it usually balances out pH perfect.. Some times if iv added rhiztonic and the pH needs to go up I'll add more, and notnadd at all to drop the pH..

Obviously that info if only good if you use that toot stuff rhiztonic lol, and iv got the name wrong I think

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
While I don't use Canna, the Ph of 7 should not be a problem at all. Most nutrients will make the growing medium more acidic, which usually balances out with the Ph 7 water. I wouldn't let it get above 7 too much, but I grow with a similar medium and keep my Ph between 6 and 7 (or even 7.3) without issues. I hate to recommmend to anyone to mess with their Ph too much, as it almost always ends up causing lockouts and similar issues that look like overfeeding/underfeeding, and twisted leaves. Once you start chasing the Ph, in my opinion, you are shaking a bottle of nitroglycerine and the whole thing can go tits up with little warning.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, I find that plants are pretty forgiving and will tolerate Ph levels a point above or below neutral, in general. You can have great results with Ph that isn't exactly 6.3 or whatever the latest recommendations are, especially in dirt. Just avoid Ph swings and overfeeding and you should have a great crop.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

I use canna nutrients coco,
I don't add the root stuff called rhiztonic when their tinby plants. Because the rhiztonic makes the pH go up a few points.. Ass up the feed the pH drops so adding that rhiztonic is ok it usually balances out pH perfect.. Some times if iv added rhiztonic and the pH needs to go up I'll add more, and notnadd at all to drop the pH..

Obviously that info if only good if you use that toot stuff rhiztonic lol, and iv got the name wrong I think
Cheers 😁

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Ok...... Goodday, my pen came so been checking and my ppm is 256/259 and EC 526/530 that's from the tap. My bottled spring water readings are ppm 158/160 and the EC dead on 316. Both have a pH of 7/7.5. Which would you think would be best .

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Hi peeps, ✌️ after some more advice or opinions please. Ok, coca medium, been feeding a&b so my beautys have started to flower. So anyway going to use canna pk13/14 . So do I still add a&b then pk13/14 . Or just pk13/14 to pH'd water?

Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi peeps, ✌ after some more advice or opinions please. Ok, coca medium, been feeding a&b so my beautys have started to flower. So anyway going to use canna pk13/14 . So do I still add a&b then pk13/14 . Or just pk13/14 to pH'd water?
Hi I'm 4.5 weeks Into flower
I use canna coco & coco
I am adding my tao water witch is 0.75 ppm

I add
2ml a litre of canna cannyzam whatever its called..
1.5 ml a litre canna a&b.
1.5ml a litre of pK boost.
2ml a litre shu-gun boost
0.5 ml a litre of canna rhiztinic
This took my feed to 1.4/1.6 e.c

But

Last 2 feeds iv only been giving this as they look just a tad over fed.

1ml a litre canna a&b
1.5 ml a litre of canna pk boost.
0.5 ml a litre canna rhiztonic.
2ml a litre of shu-gun boost, this is instead if the canna boost cheaper..
^all this comes to about 1.0/1.2 e.c
But 100% sure the if this e.c is correct i'll check later and update

I pH at 5.8 is usually raises a tad then.
Also with adding canna pk boost I notice it pump's the pH up and it takes quite a lot of pH down to get the pH to drop as some reason the canna pk sorta fights ahaijt the pH down so you need note than usually .
I do not use calmag or any thug like that..

Also I'm thinking of stop using canna canannyam what every its called lol.
Seem waste of money and it just gets confusing with all these bottle of shit you need to add from canna,,
I'm sure just simple a&b and pk is enough really

S

Spliffyman

My strain is Royal Dwarf Automatic ✌
I've read everyone's reply.. All good advice too.. What I do and it works is fill a 5 galon bucket (or whatever size you use) and leave it for 24 hours to allow the chlorine evaporate from the tap water.. I've done this from day one and all has been good for me..

Good luck sir🙏

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

They have actually come on really well, in fill flower, here , a couple of pics and some taken with jeweler's loupe,

IMG 20191204 210727
2019 12 14 23 38 35
2019 12 14 23 30 26
2019 12 14 23 37 56
alexander1QZ

alexander1QZ

If you're interested in some good stuff, buying it online, I can highly recommend you this shop I found couple of days ago ( ), because it has the lowest prices for THC flowers, extracts and concentrates as well. And it can provide the fastest delivery service, I'm telling you.

Top Bottom