Hi All I am new to the forum, Just Bought 18 bucket Greentrees Ebb and FLow system Tips Appreciated

• Thread starter MrPharmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MrPharmer

Equipment- 4x8 grow tent with two 1200 watt LED lights and fans with ventilation and carbon filters installed, currently have bluelabs PH combo meter for checking res
I also have a smaller tent 3x4x5 tent for vegging

I am a new grower with only 1 soil grow under my belt, I used General Hydroponics Nutes with Fox Farm with my first grow but at my last visit to the hydroponic store for soil they convinced me to buy a Greentrees Ebb and Flow system to replace my soil grow. There were 3 guys in the store they each told me something different, The one is a seasoned grower and he states he grew some trees with removing the inner bucket and replacing it with a cloth 2 gallon pot and using a mix of coco and perlite, he states that if you use standard buckets roots will clog pipe etc and you have to consistently turn the buckets, The other guy at sales counter told me to buy Rock wool blocks and just set down in the bucket, or use the rock wool croutons, on the website it shows just plain hydroton in the buckets but the hydro shop said hydroton is a pain to use. Can any of you nice ladies and gents on here Help me with getting started with this system
What Nutes should I use
What medium
What feed cycle with ebb and flow should I use with each different medium
ALso if i wanted to switch a few soil grows over to the greentrees do you think it would survive?
Sorry for all the questions but I want to start off in hydro right so I dont fail the first go around

Thank you in advance Corey

visajoe1

visajoe1

Take a gander at the hydroponics section and search around a bit. You'll definitely find some good info.

I will say 18 pots is a pretty large system, especially if only 1 soil grow under the belt. I've run 3 DWC pots and that was a handful. Maybe consider running a smaller setup first to increase your chances of success, then work up to 18. Its easy to add. What is the condition of your tap water? What is its EC? If you have EC over .25 you may need RO filtration

To answer a couple questions:
-transplanting from soil to ebb/flow is not recommended, dont do it
-media-clones/seedlings in rockwool cubes placed in hydroton (reusable)
-nutes, use whatever you want just try to keep under 1.3 EC unless you see deficiencies. Start feeding at .4 EC

M

MrPharmer

Thank you, I do have an RO system as well I could tap into, How often should I feed/flood daily with ebb flow. So you say just stick with hydroton in standard bucket then rather than go coco in smart pot inside bucket. I will cruise over to other part of forum, Brand new to the forum and fairly new to growing, any direction resources appreciated.
Thank you.

Top Bottom