Hi can some help me out please and tell me what i have on my plants i think its powdery mildew

• Thread starter Floodster31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Does it rub off? Don't look like mildew to me, looks like you splashed some nutrient water on the leaves.

Floodster31

Floodster31

Hi and just tried to rub it off and it doesn't come off so it could be what u have said thaks

Floodster31

Floodster31

Ok what is thrip I have never heard of it these plants are in a greenhouse so will I have to treat all my plants or just the one with it on many thanks it is my 2nd grow so still new to it

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Would this be any good as I cant find neem oil
I wouldn't use that I don't think that's intended for vegetables only ornamental plants, it says "use pesticides safely read the label", I recommend you do

You can use neem but I've seen too many beginners fry their plants with neem but at least neem won't kill you if you try to smoke it

I knocked out thrips last fall with two or three applications of the product that I showed you above, good luck

Floodster31

Floodster31

I wouldn't use that I don't think that's intended for vegetables only ornamental plants, it says "use pesticides safely read the label", I recommend you do

You can use neem but I've seen too many beginners fry their plants with neem but at least neem won't kill you if you try to smoke it

I knocked out thrips last fall with two or three applications of the product that I showed you above, good luck
I didnt get that in the end I got a natural one also says you can eat the fruit same day so it can be injested

Floodster31

Floodster31

Ok I got a differnt one for now I have also ordered the one you said about so hopefully 1 of the 2 works well many thanks for ur comments as its helped alot

Floodster31

Floodster31

Many thanks everyone I have done a bit of research now I know what it is on the plants. I have ordered the one beachWalker recommended as I dont trust myself with neem oil as it can burn the plant if you dont no what ur doing with it.

Madbud

Madbud

Many thanks everyone I have done a bit of research now I know what it is on the plants. I have ordered the one beachWalker recommended as I dont trust myself with neem oil as it can burn the plant if you dont no what ur doing with it.
Let us know how that stuff works. The manufacturer won’t say exactly whats in it but it sounds safe. I would test it on a few leaves, top and bottom before lights out.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Hey, I used neem oil and made a terrible error.....I used Dawn as a surfactant. If anyone decides to go with neem, get a bastile soap (or buy super cheap dish soap from dollar store that contains no anti-bacterial or bleach).

I've had fabulous luck using neem powder on top of my soil for some of my plants. I believe it really strengthened my plants ability to combat bugs? they seem resistant to some degree. I find dead bugs on them regularly.

Also my tomato plants are the most pristine and healthy plants I've ever seen. Almost zero bug holes in any leaves. Luckily they were not phased by the dawn as I sprayed them the same day I sprayed my 10 autos. BTW, the pic I attached is one of the plants I sprayed, the lower half looks like it was through the war but man am I glad I didn't toss them out (like I almost did).

Also OP, just because something says safe to use up until the day of harvest, they are talking about veggies (which you wash before you eat) not something you'll be smoking, you know?

I ended up getting that Captain Jack's with spinosad in it to deter the leaf hoppers that were munching on my leaves. Seems to have worked. I am in flowering (3 weeks for this particular plant---not pictured), so I fashioned a little protector for my buds when I sprayed using a stick that I taped a plastic spoon to. As I sprayed I covered the buds using the spoon on the device.

Bud
Top Bottom