Hi can some help me out please and tell me what i have on my plants i think its powdery mildew

• Thread starter Floodster31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

What leaf hopper damage looks like (I have these all over the damn place) among every other bug imaginable.....this first grow has been quite educational. To say the least, lol.

EDIT TO ADD: I did have a tiny bit of powdery mildew on one new 3 week old seedling. I caught it fast and used a little hydrogen peroxide in water to spray the leaf and it killed the mildew. You do need to catch that stuff fast as it spreads liberally.

Screen Shot 2020 07 13 at 33050 PM
Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Hey, I used neem oil and made a terrible error.....I used Dawn as a surfactant. If anyone decides to go with neem, get a bastile soap (or buy super cheap dish soap from dollar store that contains no anti-bacterial or bleach).

I've had fabulous luck using neem powder on top of my soil for some of my plants. I believe it really strengthened my plants ability to combat bugs? they seem resistant to some degree. I find dead bugs on them regularly.

Also my tomato plants are the most pristine and healthy plants I've ever seen. Almost zero bug holes in any leaves. Luckily they were not phased by the dawn as I sprayed them the same day I sprayed my 10 autos. BTW, the pic I attached is one of the plants I sprayed, the lower half looks like it was through the war but man am I glad I didn't toss them out (like I almost did).

Also OP, just because something says safe to use up until the day of harvest, they are talking about veggies (which you wash before you eat) not something you'll be smoking, you know?

I ended up getting that Captain Jack's with spinosad in it to deter the leaf hoppers that were munching on my leaves. Seems to have worked. I am in flowering (3 weeks for this particular plant---not pictured), so I fashioned a little protector for my buds when I sprayed using a stick that I taped a plastic spoon to. As I sprayed I covered the buds using the spoon on the device.
Dawn has greasecutters that damage surface oils on leafs. I see people using it here on THCF but would suggest ivory or similar as a surfactant.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Dawn has greasecutters that damage surface oils on leafs. I see people using it here on THCF but would suggest ivory or similar as a surfactant.

Yep. It annihilated my leaves.....luckily it was before flowering and ONLY those leaves were damaged. Even so, I'm sure it set my yield back from the trauma. Live & learn !

mancorn

mancorn

I like neem in veg as it will takes care of both PM & bugs. But you really do need to mix it up. I use silicate as an emulsifier, but the trick is to mix the neem and surfactant in a little jar first and shake the shit out of it, then add that to your sprayer, with the rest of your water. I normally only do a gallon at a time as it's to hard to sufficiently shake the sprayer when it has a couple gallons of liquid. Even then it will start to separate out pretty quick, so you have to keep shaking your sprayer so that you don’t get a big blob of pure neem squirting out.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Yeah, also if you save the remainder it'll need to be warmed up first to re-emulsify. Running the bottle under really hot water works. I only mixed up a liter at a time though.....

Floodster31

Floodster31

I am going to use tabacco and water and soap mix before I use any chemicals as it is the safest solution I have found has anyone else used this remedy

Unklefrosty

Unklefrosty

Hi can someone tell me what this is please and away to sort the problem out many thanks
100% thrips. I use the battery powered mosquito puffers. They contain pyrethroids. Just plug and play. Set it to whatever size room you have and just leave it. Some rechargeable batteries and a couple of refills every round and you're golden.

Unklefrosty

Unklefrosty

I am going to use tabacco and water and soap mix before I use any chemicals as it is the safest solution I have found has anyone else used this remedy
I would steer away from any tobacco products. Only for the slight chance of tobacco mosaic virus. Pyrethrins are derived from chrysanthemum flowers. Not technically "a chemical" see my reply about mosquito puffers.

Top Bottom