Hi can someone help what is this?

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Feeding practices I will stay away from but imo you may need to feed more often. I mean should probably just delete that but let me make up for it.

@Enforcer mind giving a hand here bro.

In term of your nutrient questions. Personally I don't feel cannabis needs a big change in nutrients and a know a lot of others growers that feel the same way. This is all bullshit made up by nute companies and some have even admitted it. Do some additives help .. yes but most end up doing more harm than good by fucking up the ratios. Contrary to some info and supported by other cannabis doesn't like a lot of P and it's not hard to get the plant to toxic levels seen more common in flower than most think. A small increase in K can be beneficial so if using pk boost I suggest very little will show some benefit. Imo sulfur is a good additive in late flower I increase my sulfer in the form of mag sulfate.

Nitrogen contrary to most flower nutes is important. The benefit to cutting nitrogen comes later in flower not once you flip when plants need it most. By cutting nitrogen later in flower you are forcing the plant to basically canibalize itself by limiting it's ability to photosynthesize and therefore use up its stored nutrients breaking down chlorophyll. This with proper drying and curing helps remove chlorophyll from the plant which can give it that harsh and hay like taste.

Cutting nitrogen too soon will hurt bud production it just doesn't make sense. Now since you are in coco this can be done easily in the last week to 2 weeks because you have a lot more control over your nutrients than a soil grow.

The most important thing in nutrients is keeping balanced ratios otherwise all hell breaks loose this can happen from nutrient build up or very often all these addatives you need on the market. Nutrients have an effect on one another. Increase one could decrease availability or lockout another.

I like a ratio of 2-1-3 or there abouts others like slightly different but cannabis needs no drastic changes to the nutrients start to finish in terms of ratios. Imo you only need to adjust the strength of the feed.

While some of these addatives will aid marginally IF you have everything dialed in (that is key). I would say on the grand scale of people using them they do more harm than good.

That's the long and short version of how I look at it
I’m new! Inexperienced! But I have had far less frustration! And made better bud since I gave up bottled nutes! Again just a new growers opinion! However I grow in soil

Ph 007

Ph 007

Feeding practices I will stay away from but imo you may need to feed more often. I mean should probably just delete that but let me make up for it.

@Enforcer mind giving a hand here bro.

In term of your nutrient questions. Personally I don't feel cannabis needs a big change in nutrients and a know a lot of others growers that feel the same way. This is all bullshit made up by nute companies and some have even admitted it. Do some additives help .. yes but most end up doing more harm than good by fucking up the ratios. Contrary to some info and supported by other cannabis doesn't like a lot of P and it's not hard to get the plant to toxic levels seen more common in flower than most think. A small increase in K can be beneficial so if using pk boost I suggest very little will show some benefit. Imo sulfur is a good additive in late flower I increase my sulfer in the form of mag sulfate.

Nitrogen contrary to most flower nutes is important. The benefit to cutting nitrogen comes later in flower not once you flip when plants need it most. By cutting nitrogen later in flower you are forcing the plant to basically canibalize itself by limiting it's ability to photosynthesize and therefore use up its stored nutrients breaking down chlorophyll. This with proper drying and curing helps remove chlorophyll from the plant which can give it that harsh and hay like taste.

Cutting nitrogen too soon will hurt bud production it just doesn't make sense. Now since you are in coco this can be done easily in the last week to 2 weeks because you have a lot more control over your nutrients than a soil grow.

The most important thing in nutrients is keeping balanced ratios otherwise all hell breaks loose this can happen from nutrient build up or very often all these addatives you need on the market. Nutrients have an effect on one another. Increase one could decrease availability or lockout another.

I like a ratio of 2-1-3 or there abouts others like slightly different but cannabis needs no drastic changes to the nutrients start to finish in terms of ratios. Imo you only need to adjust the strength of the feed.

While some of these addatives will aid marginally IF you have everything dialed in (that is key). I would say on the grand scale of people using them they do more harm than good.

That's the long and short version of how I look at it
Just wanted to ask mate
I use to go high in e.c
I use canna coco
I Stated giving less veg 0.6/.08e.c
And flower 1.0./1.2e.c got good results
But last few days iv been upping the fed im in 1.2 at moment would normally be 1.0, , I'm planning in going to 1.4/1.6 like in use to, Im doing this to see if in get more yield now I'm use to coco..
Or do you think 1.2 max in flower is enough?
Canna feed chart is crazy hot on feed
1.8/2.4 crazy lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just wanted to ask mate
I use to go high in e.c
I use canna coco
But last few days iv been upping the fed im in 1.2 at moment would normally be 1.0, , I'm planning in going to 1.4/1.6 like in use to, Im doing this to see if in get more yield now I'm use to coco..
1.8/2.4 crazy lol
It depends on the plants response. Burnt tips, the claw, and dark green are all indications of over feeding. If your plant look like they can handle more I would go for it. If the leaves are lush green I would say your probably about right.

Ph 007

Ph 007

It depends on the plants response. Burnt tips, the claw, and dark green are all indications of over feeding. If your plant look like they can handle more I would go for it. If the leaves are lush green I would say your probably about right.
Sounds good, thanks again

Enforcer

Enforcer

Just wanted to ask mate
I use to go high in e.c
I use canna coco
1.8/2.4 crazy lol

I have found nutrient strength to be strain dependent. I grew a White Widow that would get tip burn over 1.2 EC in flower. But my current Strawberries & Cream run is showing calcium deficiencies and pale green leaves a month from seed and I just bumped it up to 1.2 EC. My advice for new statins is to start low, about 0.8EC, and bump up as needed. One of the best aspects of coco is the ability to quickly reset the medium to address issues.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have found nutrient strength to be strain dependent. I grew a White Widow that would get tip burn over 1.2 EC in flower. But my current Strawberries & Cream run is showing calcium deficiencies and pale green leaves a month from seed and I just bumped it up to 1.2 EC. My advice for new statins is to start low, about 0.8EC, and bump up as needed. One of the best aspects of coco is the ability to quickly reset the medium to address issues.
Hey bro mind taking a peek at @needshelpguy questions. Think he would benefit from your advice.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you follow posts from some growers that use Fox Farms products, you will often see them post about "some" of their plants showing issues with overfeeding, while the plant sitting next to it is fine, just a different strain. Younger plants with immature root systems sometimes have similar issues until the grow out a little more.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Two plants under 2x 600w hps Ph keeps rising to 7 that's what it's at now when I feed it goes to around 6 usually just under but will rise again over 24hr feeding nutrifield coco a and b in canna coco both plants transplanted within a week ago into 50l containers and am watering once every four days with nutes pretty confident I'm not over feeding as on light side of recommended being in such a big pot with smallish plants. will post pics of plants later both are healthy just the leaves that are effected are badly effected. Getting sent a TDS meter for ppm temps are good day n night heaps of airflow etc was gonna add some Epsom salt in next feed as I read its difficult hurt your plants even if there's no deficiency
I’ve never used Nutrifield brand nutes before, so I can’t help much there. I would recommend next time you go with 3gal pots in flower and water more often. That will give you the most vigorous growth. For this grow as the pot is so big, you should be fine with once or twice a day feeding. She is looking like she could take more nutrients. Also, I like to keep the pH of solution going in between 6.0-6.3. I don’t check the pH of the runoff. It will give erroneous readings that will have you chasing ghosts.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I’ve never used Nutrifield brand nutes before, so I can’t help much there. I would recommend next time you go with 3gal pots in flower and water more often. That will give you the most vigorous growth. For this grow as the pot is so big, you should be fine with once or twice a day feeding. She is looking like she could take more nutrients. Also, I like to keep the pH of solution going in between 6.0-6.3. I don’t check the pH of the runoff. It will give erroneous readings that will have you chasing ghosts.
Cool thanks man, when i trnsfered them from 9L which is almost 3 gallon pots they were very root bound can they handle being root bound in coco? Cheers

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

If you dont mind looking on my profile the roots before being transplanted, having difficulty reposting here

Top Bottom