Hi can someone help what is this?

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Two plants under 2x 600w hps Ph keeps rising to 7 that's what it's at now when I feed it goes to around 6 usually just under but will rise again over 24hr feeding nutrifield coco a and b in canna coco both plants transplanted within a week ago into 50l containers and am watering once every four days with nutes pretty confident I'm not over feeding as on light side of recommended being in such a big pot with smallish plants. will post pics of plants later both are healthy just the leaves that are effected are badly effected. Getting sent a TDS meter for ppm temps are good day n night heaps of airflow etc was gonna add some Epsom salt in next feed as I read its difficult hurt your plants even if there's no deficiency

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I thought might be magnesium deficiency as before I transplanted them they were very root bound so feel like they would have used it up quickly

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not a coco grower but my thoughts.

What is source water and are you using cal mag? Ph swings are not a bad thing but that is a pretty big swing. Coco can hold onto calcium pretty well which may affect ph.

Under feeding and the plant is taking up all the nutrients causing ph to rise. I see this in my RDWC. As the plants take up nutrients the ph rises. May need a stronger feed solution or more frequent feedings

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Cool cheers for that im just using tap water I'd say there's heaps of shit in it but unsure next feed in two days I'll up the strength of nutes and add some Epsom salt just don't want to over water and they are still mostly healthy haven't used any cal mag as supposedly the canna coco if already buffered and I thought if it was that it would have sorted it when I transplanted but yeah I think I may be under feeding well especially cos the roots wouldn't have filled the pot yet so won't be able to get everything that's fed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cool cheers for that im just using tap water I'd say there's heaps of shit in it but unsure next feed in two days I'll up the strength of nutes and add some Epsom salt just don't want to over water and they are still mostly healthy haven't used any cal mag as supposedly the canna coco if already buffered and I thought if it was that it would have sorted it when I transplanted but yeah I think I may be under feeding well especially cos the roots wouldn't have filled the pot yet so won't be able to get everything that's fed
Whole plant pics would be best and maybe wait for a coco grower. Like I say I'm not.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Looking now does look under fed maybe not enough nitrogen too? Kinda looks in photos like its beginning to yellow at tops

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Obviously relatively new to coco, what's the go with nutrifield having the same nutes from vege to flower just cHanging dosage I find weird cos don't they need less N in flower and more PK? And I just increase nutes in flower it'll b getting more N than in vege?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Obviously relatively new to coco, what's the go with nutrifield having the same nutes from vege to flower just cHanging dosage I find weird cos don't they need less N in flower and more PK? And I just increase nutes in flower it'll b getting more N than in vege?
Feeding practices I will stay away from but imo you may need to feed more often. I mean should probably just delete that but let me make up for it.

@Enforcer mind giving a hand here bro.

In term of your nutrient questions. Personally I don't feel cannabis needs a big change in nutrients and a know a lot of others growers that feel the same way. This is all bullshit made up by nute companies and some have even admitted it. Do some additives help .. yes but most end up doing more harm than good by fucking up the ratios. Contrary to some info and supported by other cannabis doesn't like a lot of P and it's not hard to get the plant to toxic levels seen more common in flower than most think. A small increase in K can be beneficial so if using pk boost I suggest very little will show some benefit. Imo sulfur is a good additive in late flower I increase my sulfer in the form of mag sulfate.

Nitrogen contrary to most flower nutes is important. The benefit to cutting nitrogen comes later in flower not once you flip when plants need it most. By cutting nitrogen later in flower you are forcing the plant to basically canibalize itself by limiting it's ability to photosynthesize and therefore use up its stored nutrients breaking down chlorophyll. This with proper drying and curing helps remove chlorophyll from the plant which can give it that harsh and hay like taste.

Cutting nitrogen too soon will hurt bud production it just doesn't make sense. Now since you are in coco this can be done easily in the last week to 2 weeks because you have a lot more control over your nutrients than a soil grow.

The most important thing in nutrients is keeping balanced ratios otherwise all hell breaks loose this can happen from nutrient build up or very often all these addatives you need on the market. Nutrients have an effect on one another. Increase one could decrease availability or lockout another.

I like a ratio of 2-1-3 or there abouts others like slightly different but cannabis needs no drastic changes to the nutrients start to finish in terms of ratios. Imo you only need to adjust the strength of the feed.

While some of these addatives will aid marginally IF you have everything dialed in (that is key). I would say on the grand scale of people using them they do more harm than good.

That's the long and short version of how I look at it

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Feeding practices I will stay away from but imo you may need to feed more often. I mean should probably just delete that but let me make up for it.

@Enforcer mind giving a hand here bro.

In term of your nutrient questions. Personally I don't feel cannabis needs a big change in nutrients and a know a lot of others growers that feel the same way. This is all bullshit made up by nute companies and some have even admitted it. Do some additives help .. yes but most end up doing more harm than good by fucking up the ratios. Contrary to some info and supported by other cannabis doesn't like a lot of P and it's not hard to get the plant to toxic levels seen more common in flower than most think. A small increase in K can be beneficial so if using pk boost I suggest very little will show some benefit. Imo sulfur is a good additive in late flower I increase my sulfer in the form of mag sulfate.

Nitrogen contrary to most flower nutes is important. The benefit to cutting nitrogen comes later in flower not once you flip when plants need it most. By cutting nitrogen later in flower you are forcing the plant to basically canibalize itself by limiting it's ability to photosynthesize and therefore use up its stored nutrients breaking down chlorophyll. This with proper drying and curing helps remove chlorophyll from the plant which can give it that harsh and hay like taste.

Cutting nitrogen too soon will hurt bud production it just doesn't make sense. Now since you are in coco this can be done easily in the last week to 2 weeks because you have a lot more control over your nutrients than a soil grow.

The most important thing in nutrients is keeping balanced ratios otherwise all hell breaks loose this can happen from nutrient build up or very often all these addatives you need on the market. Nutrients have an effect on one another. Increase one could decrease availability or lockout another.

I like a ratio of 2-1-3 or there abouts others like slightly different but cannabis needs no drastic changes to the nutrients start to finish in terms of ratios. Imo you only need to adjust the strength of the feed.

While some of these addatives will aid marginally IF you have everything dialed in (that is key). I would say on the grand scale of people using them they do more harm than good.

That's the long and short version of how I look at it
Cool cheers for that yeah I've always kept in simple in soil only additive i used is pk additive round week 3 flower. How would you suggest feeding more regualary when in such large containers? you think i can just up the strength and feed every three days?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cool cheers for that yeah I've always kept in simple in soil only additive i used is pk additive round week 3 flower. How would you suggest feeding more regualary when in such large containers? you think i can just up the strength and feed every three days?
I can't really say without experience in coco or the ability to see the plants daily. Are you getting over watering symptoms or leaf drooping after watering?

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I can't really say without experience in coco or the ability to see the plants daily. Are you getting over watering symptoms or leaf drooping after watering?
Sweet as man Nah its just to feed to run off i feed them almost 10L so the next day they pretty damp still then tops dry by day two n feed day day 3 or 4 got clayballs at the bottom and heaps of perlite so i could prob get away with feeding less volume and more often but still gonna need to feed around 8L to get run off

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sweet as man Nah its just to feed to run off i feed them almost 10L so the next day they pretty damp still then tops dry by day two n feed day day 3 or 4 got clayballs at the bottom and heaps of perlite so i could prob get away with feeding less volume and more often but still gonna need to feed around 8L to get run off
I would go by trial and error unless an experienced grower can tell ya. increase the feed 1 day sooner. If no i'll effects then do that again I know many coco growers feed 4 times a day. but they are usually coco/perlite and im not sure if you are or what ratio. Like i say no experience. If you seeing no signs of over watering i would say continue to feed more often. A lot of this is going to depend on growing conditions like light, VPD and feed strength. Many ways to skin a cat. If you are getting signs of over feeding like tip burning or curling down (the claw) but not over watering (drooping leaves) then just reduce the feed strength and vice versa once you know how often you can water without over watering thats where ya wanna be and just adjust the feed to the plant.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I would go by trial and error unless an experienced grower can tell ya. increase the feed 1 day sooner. If no i'll effects then do that again I know many coco growers feed 4 times a day. but they are usually coco/perlite and im not sure if you are or what ratio. Like i say no experience. If you seeing no signs of over watering i would say continue to feed more often. A lot of this is going to depend on growing conditions like light, VPD and feed strength. Many ways to skin a cat. If you are getting signs of over feeding like tip burning or curling down (the claw) but not over watering (drooping leaves) then just reduce the feed strength and vice versa once you know how often you can water without over watering thats where ya wanna be and just adjust the feed to the plant.
Cool cheers for that bro

Top Bottom