Hi guys, my 1st grow. I have 3 little royal gorillas just 1.5 weeks old, they look a bit yellow all over. I'm using canna coco medium, 600w hps light?

• Thread starter 2fine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
I would go for a flush and check ppm range, it shouldn't be over 800 ec maximum 1.2. If you let the coco dry, the salt based nutrients will throw off the mediums ph like you're seeing now. If it looks overwatered in coco, its either root rot of ph lockout, you don't have rot by any means. Flushing the coco and getting some nice run off is what your plant needs going into flower. Water daily if not twice a day if possible, I don't. it's just too much work. every time you water collect runoff and throw it away. Aim for 10 % runoff of what you feed, so If I feed 1 liter, I want to see 100ml of runoff. The more you water, the less you have to water ? Meaning that if you keep the coco hydrated, runoff is going to be easy to get, but if you let the coco dry, you'll need more fertigation to get runoff. Sorry for my rant, just smoked a Kinger . All the best, coco is great, easy and forgiving, just make sure I t doesn't get dry. peace

There we go!!! I gave my advice based on soil....had a brain fart and didn't read "coco." Keep it up man!!!

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

There we go!!! I gave my advice based on soil....had a brain fart and didn't read "coco." Keep it up man!!!
Can't tell you how many times I went on a rant reply to figure that the medium was soil, finally got one

2fine

2fine

I would go for a flush and check ppm range, it shouldn't be over 800 ec maximum 1.2. If you let the coco dry, the salt based nutrients will throw off the mediums ph like you're seeing now. If it looks overwatered in coco, its either root rot of ph lockout, you don't have rot by any means. Flushing the coco and getting some nice run off is what your plant needs going into flower. Water daily if not twice a day if possible, I don't. it's just too much work. every time you water collect runoff and throw it away. Aim for 10 % runoff of what you feed, so If I feed 1 liter, I want to see 100ml of runoff. The more you water, the less you have to water ? Meaning that if you keep the coco hydrated, runoff is going to be easy to get, but if you let the coco dry, you'll need more fertigation to get runoff. Sorry for my rant, just smoked a Kinger . All the best, coco is great, easy and forgiving, just make sure I t doesn't get dry. peace
It's coco natural medium I'm using, not straight coco. I water daily. Will ensure I get 10% run off. I water a day then feed then next, should I feed every day when flowering?

newh

newh

Hi all, I'm using canna Coco natural medium and canna part A&B nutrients, they are saying that's all I need though the life stage of my autoflower, is anyone else just using these only and what were your results like?
I get great results using just canna a/b

20200305 180105
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Do you feed nutrients every day?
yes, you're going to want to use nutrients every time in coco, unfertilized water will just throw the nutrient balance off. But yeah every day.

2fine

2fine

yes, you're going to want to use nutrients every time in coco, unfertilized water will just throw the nutrient balance off. But yeah every day.
Great stuff, thank you for your advice, much appreciated, 1st grow so any help is always welcome 👌

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Great stuff, thank you for your advice, much appreciated, 1st grow so any help is always welcome 👌
of course man, I'm new to this too. Lots to learn, but coco will be a good start. Any time you feel like leaves are drooping or somethings not right check the ppm of the runoff, if it's off, do a mini flush phd and add your regular note regiment after you do the flush. Mistakes are made to learn from.

2fine

2fine

of course man, I'm new to this too. Lots to learn, but coco will be a good start. Any time you feel like leaves are drooping or somethings not right check the ppm of the runoff, if it's off, do a mini flush phd and add your regular note regiment after you do the flush. Mistakes are made to learn from.
Do you use any other nutrients when flowering starts or just the canna a&b the whole way through dude?

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Do you use any other nutrients when flowering starts or just the canna a&b the whole way through dude?
A&B all the way, I think all of those snake oils are a waste and complicate things far to much for me. Nothing beats a good environment and genetics and proper light.
You have the light, you have the food, you just need to make sure to keep you environment stable and idea.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

royal queen are great genetics, and with the 600w of hps you'll get nice dense buds.

2fine

2fine

A&B all the way, I think all of those snake oils are a waste and complicate things far to much for me. Nothing beats a good environment and genetics and proper light.
You have the light, you have the food, you just need to make sure to keep you environment stable and idea.
Was considering buying canna boost but I think I will just stick to the a&b, cheers dude🤞🙏

2fine

2fine

Was considering buying canna boost but I think I will just stick to the a&b, cheers dude🤞🙏
What humidity do you try to stick to buddy? I'm sitting between 45-60, temperature 26-29c

Top Bottom