Hi! New grower looking to learn

• Thread starter cityfarmer3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Hi all I'm happy to be here because I'm very new to growing and just started my very 1st grow 2 weeks ago so my plant is 12 days old and so far so good but I'm looking to learn all I can so I'm hoping you all can help me grow my knowledge and some killer buds.

Hi new grower looking to learn
PXL 20240417 225424382MP
PXL 20240417 225431236MP
Redneckx

Redneckx

Hi all I'm happy to be here because I'm very new to growing and just started my very 1st grow 2 weeks ago so my plant is 12 days old and so far so good but I'm looking to learn all I can so I'm hoping you all can help me grow my knowledge and some killer buds.
Welcome to the Farm!
Good luck on autoflowers, they're a little difficult to grow, you will have some fun soon xD
20h lights on 4 off. Hang the light far away and go for around 30-50% intensity, depends on which lights you're using.
Most necessary is watering, don't do it frequently, just water when the pots feel light so weight them every other day.
Have some fun and good luck on your killer buds 😃

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

So going off recs of others I'm using a spider farmer sf1000 evo and right now I have it about 18 inches and about 60% running it 18/6 right now I'm having a issue with my exhaust fan it's a crappy ipower that has a speed control that I have turned down and set to turn on every 2 hours for a 1/2 hour and it's helped but it still sucks out more humidity then heat I'm probably going to switch to a 4 inch ac infinity cloud line pro to get a little more control is this worth the additional $120? Thanks in advance

N

Natep

So going off recs of others I'm using a spider farmer sf1000 evo and right now I have it about 18 inches and about 60% running it 18/6 right now I'm having a issue with my exhaust fan it's a crappy ipower that has a speed control that I have turned down and set to turn on every 2 hours for a 1/2 hour and it's helped but it still sucks out more humidity then heat I'm probably going to switch to a 4 inch ac infinity cloud line pro to get a little more control is this worth the additional $120? Thanks in advance
Definitely get the acinfinity fan and controller. It works really well. I have one in each of my tents. I run a humidifier, heater, and fans off them. Also the controller is 100 by it’s self. The 120 is a great deal.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Holy shit turn that light down and raise it to 30 inches at no more than 30%

Wet dry cycles are everything too, make sure before you give water, that it’s dried back.

I really do wish, the suggestion to plant an auto in a larger pot is terrible info, bc they don’t like to be up potted is madness. Man I’m getting tired of writing this part. But, such a small plant needs to not be over saturated in any medium, roots grow looking for water feed to then spurn the vegetative growth, so if your pot is so big, and the plant is tiny, all that water wash’s right past the root zone. And it just sits at the bottom of the pot, fabric or not, this is an issue, bc the roots won’t penetrate a saturated area of the pot because there is no oxygen. So you feed and feed and feed and before you know it, it’s so water logged down there what little roots are down there die, and rot and can def get things sick. And the new fresh roots head else where. These things spurn critters to. At the same time, can lead to your plant showing sign of needing a feed, but the pot feels like there is plenty. Makes sense? So you as a grower throw more at it. But legit, incremental up potting auto or not. Is way better than not.
You’ll harvest, and pull maybe one 3/4 less root of that big ass pot. Huge waste. Stunted growth, smaller yeild, these things all affect what ends up in your jar.

Z

Zab

Myself with autos I always uppot I've twice I've tried with the same seeds of placing them in their final pot as to up partying and I had way better results with upporting. Even when I just watered the root zone in the final pot it's still didn't turn out better for myself than starting in a solo and then putting it in a 3 gallon but that's just me

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Myself with autos I always uppot I've twice I've tried with the same seeds of placing them in their final pot as to up partying and I had way better results with upporting. Even when I just watered the root zone in the final pot it's still didn't turn out better for myself than starting in a solo and then putting it in a 3 gallon but that's just me
If you water to runoff, and you have been In your final pot the whole time as part of your method, whoooo doggie. It just makes things snowball.

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Thanks for info I really appreciate it and yes I was told to start it in the same pot it's going to stay in but this being my 1st ever grow I wasn't expecting everything to run smoothly I knew I was in for some learning curves so now I just figure I'm going to do my best with what I've learned so far on this plant and hope for the best but at least I'll be a whole lot more prepared for my next grow. Thanks everyone!

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Thanks for info I really appreciate it and yes I was told to start it in the same pot it's going to stay in but this being my 1st ever grow I wasn't expecting everything to run smoothly I knew I was in for some learning curves so now I just figure I'm going to do my best with what I've learned so far on this plant and hope for the best but at least I'll be a whole lot more prepared for my next grow. Thanks everyone oh and I did order the AC infinity it will be here on Sat I also moved the light up and turned it down to 30%

Screenshot 20240418 183135
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
This is a guide that came with the spider farmer so this is what I was going off of as far as distance and light power
Burn it for heat. Dumb instructions 🤣
Yeah with manufacturers specs, no one would have weed ever from indoors.
Do t feel bad bro, I worded it that way because that intense heat would have started some issues. Quick. It was a “gooooo now!” Type of thing. This is a common occurrence too, just lame they all do that crap in the instructions….
So the ppfd and par map. Is nice to know what a lamp can do turned all the way up, but with my spider farmer gear I have never finished a run above 70% output.
Useless. Not all strains are the same, I was just talking to a homie explaining I just had to fight a few pissy plants with my lamp set to 5% hahahaha. I was just wanting to project a bit of urgency.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thanks for info I really appreciate it and yes I was told to start it in the same pot it's going to stay in but this being my 1st ever grow I wasn't expecting everything to run smoothly I knew I was in for some learning curves so now I just figure I'm going to do my best with what I've learned so far on this plant and hope for the best but at least I'll be a whole lot more prepared for my next grow. Thanks everyone!
Of coarse man, and welcome to the farm.
Keep posting, and ask questions. And don’t wait until your plant looks like Sid vicious at the end before asking. A lot of us can see the train coming down the track a lot of the time.
👊🏻🤡

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

So far she seems pretty happy I have been keeping the humidity in the mid to upper 60s with the light on and about 70 to 73 degrees and with the light off it's been steady at 50% humidity and around 60 to 65 degrees I really just can't wait for the new ac infinity exhaust fan to get here because it's only a 2x2x4 tent and the crappy ipower fan I have now even with the controller turned down just sucks the humidity right out so I have a small fan constantly running in the tent and the exhaust set to run every 2 hours for 30 minutes do you think I should change anything?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That 50% rh is fine buddy. But in veg, run those intake and exhaust fans 24/7 you are tempting some white powder mold and other things too.

I take that back, all fans all the time homie. It’s none negotiable the plant law will throw the book at you 🤣

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

So far she seems pretty happy I have been keeping the humidity in the mid to upper 60s with the light on and about 70 to 73 degrees and with the light off it's been steady at 50% humidity and around 60 to 65 degrees I really just can't wait for the new ac infinity exhaust fan to get here because it's only a 2x2x4 tent and the crappy ipower fan I have now even with the controller turned down just sucks the humidity right out so I have a small fan constantly running in the tent and the exhaust set to run every 2 hours for 30 minutes do you think I should change anything?
And should I keep the light schedule at 18/6?

Latest posts

Top Bottom