Hi new member …I am new to indoor growing. I am about' to start construction on a grow room, my first . I live in upstate NY zone 4

• Thread starter Trailertrish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trailertrish

Trailertrish

Hi, I am new to this site, new to indoor gardening. I am trying to build a 9x9’ grow room in an unheated, R13 insulated garage, next to aa cool storage room for veggies. Any suggestions or experiences doing this on a budget are appreciated. My winters get to -20F so simply a heated tent would not be sufficient. TIA

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

YouTube rdwc and talk to @Aqua Man lol.. Or myself.

Unless you want soil.. But I can assure you won't have any regrets if go hydro.

gristle

gristle

Get a decent weather station in there now to get acquainted with what temp and humidity swings you will be working with.
+1 on the foam boards, they make different thickness, if you have the extra room air gap the walls.

Ponky

Ponky

If your going to actually do a full build, frame and insulate and use concrete board. Make the burn time longer. Safer.

gristle

gristle

+1 on the concrete board, that will eat up the budget vs foam board tho.
I don't deal with this issue but guessing r13 vs -20°F = still cold af.
Maybe try not to share a wall with outside.

gristle

gristle

Also foam boards are true to size, maybe try an 8x8 room for ease of install. They are extremely easy to cut to size although if you are set on 9x9

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Foam board for walls. Will need need AC, Heater, dehumidifier and possibly humidifier, Co2 (bottled) and controller. All equipment on controllers.

Put a subfloor down. Can frame and use cap nails for the board and metal ducting tape for all joints to seal.

Trailertrish

Trailertrish

Here‘s what I have planned : over the wood floor 1” r5 foam board covered by 1/2” concrete board. Walls will be covered by a plastic moisture barrier, then 1/2” drywall. 8ft ceiling: 1” foam board. Floor, walls & ceiling covered by panda film.
Heating : propane tankless hot water heater hooked into a closed loop baseboard hot water radiator.
Ventilation: 6” ac infinity T series with damper exits outside . Passive air intake with three 4x10” registers with mervr 13 filter and activated charcoal. Lights to be determined. Three circulation fans. What do you think? TIA

02AB035A 2CF9 4B5A 8AED 460829CAC4FE
38C866C6 6229 4D8C 8575 F79B0514F97A
Ponky

Ponky

Should work just fine. Plenty safe. Just triple check the electrical work first.

Trailertrish

Trailertrish

Work begins tomorrow upload photos asap, electrician will arrive next week ShouldI start a new thread?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

If you are going to paint walls (i think I read you would use panda film) you can use anti mold blended with the paint. Just a tip

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Kilz basement waterproofer.
Give it two or three good coats and you can clean the room with a sprayer.

Top Bottom