Hibiscus As A Spider Mite Trap Plant?

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

Hibiscus, common name, indian hemp strains work well. Big wht flower cultivars. But not the best method of bug control. I grow em as breeding experiments and i notices that this strain catches bugs before cannabis does.

Organikz

Organikz

Green cleaner is made from soybean oil and water, it'll get rid of spider mites no problem.
@DrMcSkunkins I went with arbico organics 2 spotted mite hunters. Phytoseiulus persimilis.

You had suggested them before and infestation isn't bad yet. I want.to nip it in the bud. Shouldn't have to do a knock down treatment.

They are not the same as h. Miles correct? I know they've renamed or reclassified one...idk...i barely see one here and there so I'll keep it cool for now. Contemplating a light neem root drench with aloe. I know some will get absorbed systemically.

I have h. Miles but they stay on the mulch and soil line. They kicked my fungus gnats ass.

Organikz

Organikz

Lmao or im hoping this isn't the one that doesn't get along with h. Miles

Organikz

Organikz

Nvm we're good. H. Miles is the fungus gnat hunter. This is the spider mite hunter. Nice now I have vegetation and soil covered.

I think I'll put down a thick cover crop of ryegrass and clover before I even start next cycle. Keep the mites low to the ground as long as possible. I need something leafy like beans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom