hidhut Supernova vs 2 HGL 126 panels

• Thread starter bigkuz68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigkuz68

this was origanally in another forum, was instructed it should be in this section, not trying to cross post.

this is a test between the supernova and 2 hydro grow led 126 panels. results from electrical use meter show the supernova running at 225 watts, 1.8 amps. each HGL panel showed up as 122 watts, .99 amp. mylar is dividing the 8x4 into 2 4x4s. the tent shows 82°. each side has a 2x2 econoflow, canna nutes. every clone is from the same sensi star mother. enjoypicture 1 shows both sides lights, picture 2 shows supernova ebb, and picture 3 shows HGLs side. lights out seems a little easier to get pics of them. pic 4 supernova , pic 5 HGL

Hidhut supernova vs 2 hgl 126 panels

Hidhut supernova vs 2 hgl 126 panels 2

Hidhut supernova vs 2 hgl 126 panels 3

Hidhut supernova vs 2 hgl 126 panels 4

Hidhut supernova vs 2 hgl 126 panels 5

B

bigkuz68

temps have been 82-85, humidity is 60%after the addition of a small humidifier..

B

bigkuz68

the HGL lights were discounted in agreement to do this test. that being said i still am a paying customer and this is completely unbiased.

B

bigkuz68

Week 1 Update

picture 1 supernova picture 2 HGL
DSC00805

DSC00804

Canna Vega 1/2 strength and Rhizotonic full strength.
has stayed 82-85° and 60% RH

B

bigkuz68

week 2 veg update

picture 1 supernova, picture 2 hgl, picture 3 both
DSC00816

DSC00814

DSC00817

L

LionVibez

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Do u plan on adjusting the lights accordingly to compensate for extra growth on the HGL side? Also since a friend of mine has one of these same Nova ES lights i was just had a few questions if u dont mind? What your experience has been so far with it and if u have ran a crop under it alone how did it turn out? The Hid hut website doesnt give much info in the way of suggested height of lamp footprints ect. I seen 3x3-5x5 but there is no way that its gona cover a 5x5 space lol. Its hard to find any grow logs/results using this light...ive tried lol. Thanks for doin this test and taking the time to answer some of my questions.

B

bigkuz68

yeah... gotta agree with ya on the price, it was the first light i bought, way too expensive. and the only led that puts out a 5x5 space would be a fixture thats almost 5x5... they dont put out much beyond their frame that is intense enough.

does it stand a chance? well my last harvest (18 ounces from 675 actual led watts - .75 GPW roughly) was my best yet for leds, although i think if i vegged half the time i couldve had a lot more use of the watts as far as penetrating. so the nova is doing something... ive just never used it alone, besides veg.

B

bigkuz68

Also, how many times have u used the nova?

3 runs... 1/4 lb, then 1/2 lb, then 1lb... each time i have used multiple fixtures though. the plants under the nova are starting to rev up, but from what ive seen in most of the HGL comparisons, the plants under those leds seem to start fast.

B

bigkuz68

the supernova's ballast died. test done til i can replace it i guess.

B

bigkuz68

when your ballast died did it start changing colors? i thought i was trippin but it went slowly color to color, then off. ill try to get hidhut to send me a replacement, but i have never had a response from contacting them.

B

bigkuz68

ill put up some pics of the hgl plants. i have to send the supernova back tomorrow. the ballast fan died and hidhut said some diodes may have to be replaced.

B

bigkuz68

BS??? my plants were just warming up... i just harvested over a pound of led buds, so lose that attitude of being the almighty grower with 10" plants...

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo BigKuz, what's the plan going forward? You just gonna grow out under the 126 watters and see what kind of yield you get?

B

bigkuz68

midnight: will be finishing out the 4 plants under the HGL lights, will keep this updated too. the 4 plants from the supernova i moved to my aeroflo.

djcsp3: here is REAL results... 4ft beasts, over a lb.

73905d1269149479-1550-hps-900-led-multiple-tents-dsc00590.jpg

:rasta:

B

bigkuz68

way off? these are as young as when yours were under t5. anyways, it doesnt matter... the supernova died. yes its being repaired, but hypothetically if i didnt have a place to move those plants to, that light is unreliable. now the focus of this thread should be on how do the plants do under the hgl.

this is no longer a side by side, just a diary on the HGL lights.

Top Bottom