High Humidity Week 5 of Flowering

• Thread starter Cloverdalestan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

As the title suggests, the humidity in my 4x4 has been steadily rising for over two weeks. 5 plants at the end of week 5 of flowering.
The humidity in my house is seldom over 55%, but the humidity in the tent is 70+%! I have the Infinity T6 going full blast.
The plants are almost at full bud. Is this the reason? I’d read that flowering cannabis plants raise the humidity in a tent as they reach maturity, but nearly 20% ? ? I’ve read that tent dehumidifiers are marginally effective. Likely a moot idea anyway as my electrical circuitry is about maxed out right now. Thoughts? Comments?

Frego

Frego

May sound silly but I want to try humidity sucking plants also known as bathroom house plants

been toying with idea since yesterday not done much research but could be a idea for a small grow space

i read yesterday English ivy is #1 and the most used can help in micro climates too
By all means I’m yet to see how much it can reduce

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You need a half-decent dehumidifier in the room where you have your tent.

If you will blow a circuit, you can get a bunch of those chemical dehumidifiers (Damp Rid is one of the brand names I've seen.) They do work, but they are a pain in the ass, because you can spill them.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I had shockingly high humidity in my grow tent last grow up to 95 percent at lights off I just blasted the fans I had 2 canopy fans and 1 underneath not a spot of powdery mildew or mold and fire buds so it can be done I have invested in a decent humidifier this go though👍

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
buy good equipment even if you have to save up for each piece, i generally search when needed for “industrial quality”.. it’s well worth it!
i used to run 2,3,4 fans, they would break down or work half assed, taking up room, getting the way, cords.. now i use one fan industrial fan and they love it!!
photo below..

as long as it’s dark where you are growing during lights off than the tent doesn’t have to be closed, that may help some.

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

I’ve been keeping the tent flaps and vents open when the lights are on. During the 12 hour dark cycle, I have to close everything up.
I went ahead and ordered a tent dehumidifier. I’m not expecting much, just want to get the humidity down under 60%. I’ll sacrifice a tent fan in order to minimize blowing a circuit.

Frego

Frego

I’ve been keeping the tent flaps and vents open when the lights are on. During the 12 hour dark cycle, I have to close everything up.
I went ahead and ordered a tent dehumidifier. I’m not expecting much, just want to get the humidity down under 60%. I’ll sacrifice a tent fan in order to minimize blowing a circuit.
Get a surge protector or a few

Madmax

Madmax

It will want to b a good dehumidifier bro otherwise it will do stuff all...mine was over 300 bucks for a 5x5 with 5 plants and it battles at times to keep under 60% and it was rated at 20-30 m2 200watts..seems im in an insulated shed it does work great at times but the weathers always changing here...got a pic of the dehumidifier you purchased..

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

This is exactly the reason I have to put mine inside the tent. I wish I did not have to but I have to close the lower intake flaps on the tent during lights out because there is too much external light in the room because our days are so long this time of year. We have way more than 12 hours of daylight and it comes in through the windows, 3 of them in that room. I have thought about getting light blocking curtains for the room, which is my only alternative as far as I can tell. May still have to do that because of high temps and the humidifier puts off too much heat.

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

This is exactly the reason I have to put mine inside the tent. I wish I did not have to but I have to close the lower intake flaps on the tent during lights out because there is too much external light in the room because our days are so long this time of year. We have way more than 12 hours of daylight and it comes in through the windows, 3 of them in that room. I have thought about getting light blocking curtains for the room, which is my only alternative as far as I can tell. May still have to do that because of high temps and the humidifier puts off too much heat.
Mine tent is in the basement. Humidity hasn’t been an issue until week 2 flowering when it started rising. Temperature with the lights off is 67. Lights on, 78. How many degrees will the dehumidifier raise the tent temperature? I’m OK with 5 degrees or so.

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

Mine tent is in the basement. Humidity hasn’t been an issue until week 2 flowering when it started rising. Temperature with the lights off is 67. Lights on, 78. How many degrees will the dehumidifier raise the tent temperature? I’m OK with 5 degrees or so.
Get a surge protector or a

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

How many degrees will the dehumidifier raise the tent temperature? I’m OK with 5 degrees or so.

It raises it quite a bit actually. I haven't let it get above 87 F but it was going higher when I caught it. I am trying to figure out what to do and may try the light blocking curtains in the room and moving the dehumidifier out of the tent.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So, I bit the bullet and put light blocking curtains over the 3 windows in my grow room, removed the dehumidifier from the tent, and now have it in the room itself. I will have to keep the door closed and monitor for the next several days to see how this new arrangement works out. Hopefully that Ivation 13 pint is good enough for the room, we'll see. So far it has performed very well, but that was in the 3x3 tent. With the summer heat, it was just too much heat with the dehumidifier inside the tent. Perhaps a winter time grow would work in my favor.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

It will want to b a good dehumidifier bro otherwise it will do stuff all...mine was over 300 bucks for a 5x5 with 5 plants and it battles at times to keep under 60% and it was rated at 20-30 m2 200watts..seems im in an insulated shed it does work great at times but the weathers always changing here...got a pic of the dehumidifier you purchased..
It’s only a shinco dehumidifier from catch
Gday Max I dunno if u was asking for a pic of my dehumidifier but it’s a shinco got it from catch 200$ down from 489$ so they say seems to be working alright I only use it during lights off to stop the massive spikes in humidity seems to be working alright be interesting when she big and flowering at that price though I might buy another 1 if it doesn’t do the job👍

24262EAB BEA7 483D 9782 460788D81645
growsince79

growsince79

As the title suggests, the humidity in my 4x4 has been steadily rising for over two weeks. 5 plants at the end of week 5 of flowering.
The humidity in my house is seldom over 55%, but the humidity in the tent is 70+%! I have the Infinity T6 going full blast.
The plants are almost at full bud. Is this the reason? I’d read that flowering cannabis plants raise the humidity in a tent as they reach maturity, but nearly 20% ? ? I’ve read that tent dehumidifiers are marginally effective. Likely a moot idea anyway as my electrical circuitry is about maxed out right now. Thoughts? Comments?
Is you exhaust vented outside?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Wait you flowered on 95 RH
Yea I did mate my dehumidifier carked it on me at a time when funds were low so I just put extra fans in there turned right up😂 not recommended at all I was just stating that it can be done I’m led to believe that it’s the spikes in humidity when lights turn off that cause more of a problem than the high humidity itself who knows but it can’t spike to much more than 99percent it was OG kush to which apparently is succebtable to mould’s and mildews maybe I just got lucky🤷‍♂️

FA32F492 F6CE 4509 A229 75445AC9ACE7
Madmax

Madmax

Gday Max I dunno if u was asking for a pic of my dehumidifier but it’s a shinco got it from catch 200$ down from 489$ so they say seems to be working alright I only use it during lights off to stop the massive spikes in humidity seems to be working alright be interesting when she big and flowering at that price though I might buy another 1 if it doesn’t do the job👍
She looks the go mate..i got one spike to 65 late flower and got a little mold on one branch ..wasnt bad though.even though i have a couple fans going i do need to invest on bigger fans ...its a pita when you are in a small area as i have the dehuey in the corner crammed beside a plant..i reckon it would work better in middle of room.i have to have mine off the floor a bit as my inkbird sensors at the canopy and there quite abit a variation in the humidity...im gonna checkout that shinco 😃

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

Thanks mate. I bought a small one for my tent. I’m looking for a 20% drop in relative humidity. I’ll know how effective it us Wednesday when it arrives and I set it up.

Top Bottom