High tech way to prevent powdery mildew.... It works!

• Thread starter HarryM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
HarryM

HarryM

After battling with powdery mildew (pm) and losing plants, I have found a way to prevent pm and bud mold. It's called the CleanLight. It uses a UV-C bulb to generate a frequency which breaks the DNA bonds of the mycilium (the tiny hairs that spread the pm). They die and the pm can't spread. You scan your plants once a day. For 15 plants it takes about 1 minute. I use it and it does work. Prevention without chemicals Perfect for organic gardens.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I remembered to look into this a while ago, but then forgot to, so thanks for the reminder.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Which one do you use? I will definitely need to grab one of these

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Fish, what do you reccomend for pm. I've used nearly everything at my disposal. Always looking for alternative methods.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I run actino iron early during veg, then run actinovate regular typically twice on my od after transition. Maybe once more if I have some girls that go into november. Indoors just two apps, once at week two of flower and again at week 6 or 7. And that may be overkill, but the shit is cheap and natural ....and I am a guy who used to use eagle20...I still have 2 bottles full of eagle collecting dust.

infocus

infocus

Skeptical...generates a frequency? If it did 15 plants in 1 min, then it sounds like this frequency would pass through objects ie the light doesnt have to be shone directly onto the affected parts...which implies it would enter the soil and kill mycos.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
How early sun? Post cut in the domes or as soon as they are rooted?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Fish, what do you reccomend for pm. I've used nearly everything at my disposal. Always looking for alternative methods.
I use a sulfur burner for preventative and i try hard to not let pm get a foothold in the first place by having good control of my room,i use a GOOD dehumidifier(santa fe) and humidifier to keep humidity where i want it when i want it.Good airflow helps also for me anyways and i bleach and clean my room between every run also.I have friends that get PM alot and i steer clear of their rooms,dont even go in,lol,and they dont come in mine either(watch animals too!).I do beleive you can bring it into your room either on yourself or from outside air so if your using air exchange have some kind of hepa filtration material you bring air in through,Some strains are more prone to it than others also.Prevention is key for me and the dark cycle seems to be where it gets a foothold IMO anyways.I am FAR from the guy to ask though,there are much better sources of info here at the farm.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I have a perpetual system and have been fighting pm for years now. Some strains are more resistant. I've killed all the ones that I thought were the worst. It comes around certain times of the year summer when it's Rainey is the worst obviously. I have it down where I don't see any on some but the weaker more sensitive strains do get some spots time to time. I've definitely had it so bad it ruined strains. Fuck me.

SunGrown

SunGrown

How early sun? Post cut in the domes or as soon as they are rooted?
I am not sure it matters much when really so I don't have an exact schedule. It is just something that for sure happens once in veg and a couple times in flower. I haven't had PM in my rooting plants in years though. I do remember back in the day I used to get PM on my cuttings in the domes a lot.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I would for sure rather have PM then say russet mites though. Man, shits nasty.

GoClutch

GoClutch

First post plugging a product?What happened to hi im harry?15 plants 1 minute,lol.
No doubt! Hey @HarryM a great place to stop as soon as you get to the Farm here is the "Introduce Yourself" forum, its a great place to -er- introduce yourself. Unless of course you only made an account here to plug your questionable plant scanner to a bunch of pros, in which case good luck;)

homebrew420

homebrew420

hahaha what he said. No offense but a 1 min exposure of UV-c on 15 plnat equates to something on the order of less than 1/2 a sec per leaf. An research will tell you that is not long enough to effect anything unless intensity is reaching dangerous levels in the first place. We all know UV-c will destroy any organic tissue but the timing you are currently using will do nothing. FACT.

Peace

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Cleanlight home garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom