High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

So if you find a strong candidate and take yeast and bacterial collections from it, then grow them on plates and introduce them to other plants, could you pass or better turn on the mechanism?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moe.Red have you thought about microbial life in plants effecting their phytochemistry? If you have a bacteria or yeast come through in your parents, then trigger a mechanical secondary with a sap sucker in my instance. Could you then peak values and also pass through in seed? Have you seen this with Kevin McKernan talking at medicinal genomics, well its a youtube link that is probably bad.

yes that’s a valid point. Do you have a suggestion? I’m not sure how to approach that sort of test.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Because fermenting and growing the compounds now is essentially what the plant was doing all along, right?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looks like we were posting at the same time. I get what you are saying.
Step 1. Find a strong candidate.
If this THC Victory is legit there’s lots we can do to attempt to optimize. That will be fun.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Have word back that its likely addonns causing the issue. It would be personal browser settings. Maybe a pop up blocker etc.
Thanks. I’ll work with it and get back to you. Right now the videos that were not working are.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

If you could grow the yeast or bacteria that turns on the specific responses for any certain environmental pressures and it could be introduced on plates in tissue culture. Then just grow the cookie cutter TC in your region with a possibility of introducing that said microbial partner to your farm.Through mycorrhiza maybe, oh bag inoculations straight to the roots.. All sorts of ramblings, cheers

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I’m halfway through reading the entire thread, but I’m already fully invested and dedicated. PLEASE let me help and be a part of this in some way.
my Dad just got diagnosed with Parkinson’s and I am his primary and only source of Cannabis.
Here’s the genetics I am holding that might possibly be able to contribute to this project (most likely candidates, based on what I’ve read so far)

Durban Cheese (Dynasty)
Molokai Frost
Electric Duck Buddaz (PuaMana)
Hi, just an idea, if you need It quickly for medical purposes wouldnt it be better to order a THCV vape cartridge?
I have just looked online and there are different ones available in US, around 50 $.
Dont want to make publicity so wont post a link but its easy to find.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If you could grow the yeast or bacteria that turns on the specific responses for any certain environmental pressures and it could be introduced on plates in tissue culture. Then just grow the cookie cutter TC in your region with a possibility of introducing that said microbial partner to your farm.Through mycorrhiza maybe, oh bag inoculations straight to the roots.. All sorts of ramblings, cheers
The whole thing is very complex.
Is it genetics? Environment? Harvest time?

inside environment there are about 50 things you could test.

I’d love to test them all in a controlled way but with the limitations I have it would literally take a decade.

I think the approach right now should be let’s give them everything we can think of to be successful and get a proper 1:1 mom. Once that is established I share clones with the rest of you so we can have more grows to test all these ideas. Maybe you will be the one that takes us down the micro flora and fauna path?

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

I was just thinking openly. Had a few thoughts, then it ran away with me. Enjoy your quest, cheers

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Also less light and heat last few weeks is needed.

So I harvested one plant (blue cheese) in the middle to give more light to the lower branches. I left the other cheese and skywalkers as canaries in the coal mine. I have increased the light distance by 10 clicks (several inches, didn't measure) and also turned down the veg COBs. I then adjusted daytime temp down to 76*. I added back in the cal-mag to get me to 300PPM and then 100ml of veg nutes primarily nitrogen. Total nutes still very low. PH at 5.8 - 6.

There is still a ton of very viable buds that are still green underneath. Over the next few days I'll watch carefully and see what it will take to nurse these ladies back to healthy and give them more time. Can't hurt at this point.

I'll probably start taking the burned up colas, we'll see. None of these plants have much value to me now other than further study. If you have anything you think I should try let me know. I'm thinking of also going to 11/13.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Sorry if that hit you the wrong way. I'm agreeing with you this is one of the myriad of things to test. I'm hoping that an organic soil grower might do a better job with this pursuit.
Oh I appreciate that :), thank you. I'm just not the best at communicating. So it's just awkward, laughing.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So I harvested one plant (blue cheese) in the middle to give more light to the lower branches. I left the other cheese and skywalkers as canaries in the coal mine. I have increased the light distance by 10 clicks (several inches, didn't measure) and also turned down the veg COBs. I then adjusted daytime temp down to 76*. I added back in the cal-mag to get me to 300PPM and then 100ml of veg nutes primarily nitrogen. Total nutes still very low. PH at 5.8 - 6.

There is still a ton of very viable buds that are still green underneath. Over the next few days I'll watch carefully and see what it will take to nurse these ladies back to healthy and give them more time. Can't hurt at this point.

I'll probably start taking the burned up colas, we'll see. None of these plants have much value to me now other than further study. If you have anything you think I should try let me know. I'm thinking of also going to 11/13.

After the last THCV discovery by Frenchy Cannoli on insta that indicated THCV can be produced as hash cures, I'd think a hash run of some of the buds to test that wouldn't be a bad idea. A quick bubble or dry sift run and a few months of curing with a before and after test and some sent to me for... quality control purposes. 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

you are giving 300 ppm of cal mag and only 100 ppm of base veg nutes? Sounds backwards.

Skeptik

Skeptik

I think the approach right now should be let’s give them everything we can think of to be successful and get a proper 1:1 mom.

I concur. Going down the epigenetics rabbit hole this early in the game will be a huge time waster. It is key to have a genetic basis for high THCV under normal conditions. That should be the initial goal. Once we have a higher-than-normal THCV strain, then is the time to introduce environmental stress factors to bump production.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

you are giving 300 ppm of cal mag and only 100 ppm of base veg nutes? Sounds backwards.

I'm open to your ideas, but do you have hydro experience?

Pretty common to start with 0PPM RO water and add cal-mag to get it back to 300PPM - normal tap water range. Then add nutes on top of that.

Really, for hydro you would pretty much see that as just 100 (mL, not PPM) of base nutes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm open to your ideas, but do you have hydro experience?

Pretty common to start with 0PPM RO water and add cal-mag to get it back to 300PPM - normal tap water range. Then add nutes on top of that.

Really, for hydro you would pretty much see that as just 100 (mL, not PPM) of base nutes.

Only soiless personally but worked with my caregiver a while with a res and buckets.

but everything i have read says 150 ppm. Never seen 300 mentioned or higher cal mag than base nutes.

and i am not suggesting change without your own research. I just call em as i see em.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

epigenetics

Tell you what @Skeptik , I have had to use the crap out of wikipedia following along with most of your posts. Keep that coming, I am learning a ton. Much appreciated.

I am really doing all these things right now because I have time, plants I don't care about, and it's always good to check your assumptions and practices. It's a little fun too. But no, I do not believe any of these environmental efforts will produce anything useful for our THCV goals.

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Only soiless personally but worked with my caregiver a while with a res and buckets.

but everything i have read says 150 ppm. Never seen 300 mentioned or higher cal mag than base nutes.

and i am not suggesting change without your own research. I just call em as i see em.

Sorry if I am confusing, the 100 was mL not PPM.

No, I probably won't change that, I'm pretty familiar with my system. Research complete on that particular setpoint.

Top Bottom