High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow.

You need to get a column and make yourself some crystals. Then you can dust them on top of whatever tastes good or gives you the giggles and this will boost your THC to whatever % you want. It's 99% THC.

I'll get vid running the column I got a ton to catch up on and I'm almost out!

i do that with the dry sift kief from a screened trim tray. And i mix the dust from plant after plant. Fullest spectrum i can manage. Supercharges the weed.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Im using pro mix hp and dyna grow foliage pro and protekt now. Was using fox farm ocean forest or the like with added large perlite for better drainage and pure blend pro grow. I cut out the organics to eliminate springtails that i attract here so I could identify the damn root aphids i was plagued with all year.

i do however believe drought stress helps bring out more in the plants. Holding back water until the pots were 3/4 dry down the pots (which was a hard to wait extra day at first) increased my yield and everyones perceived potency a whole lot.

I also mix separate pitchers of fertilizer for each different plant. All different ages and strains in my garden. Most growers wont do that it seems and i cant blame them. I want only what they need going in if possible. Well as close as i can get to it.

Perpetual harvest. I get it.

I've never had a bug problem. Never a pest. That's gonna suck.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Trying to check out and no USA. 💩

Their sister site, Kwikseeds, ships to the US I believe.

I've had great luck with RSC's genetics. Growing Pipatxu right now, grew their Afghan mix last year, I'll probably drop Afgaan 90 and more Afghan mix within the month. Also seconding @Milson 's suggestion of ACE seeds, it seems like they're pretty much the global leaders in cannabinoid and terpene testing.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

i do that with the dry sift kief from a screened trim tray. And i mix the dust from plant after plant. Fullest spectrum i can manage. Supercharges the weed.

That's a perfect natural solution that costs virtually nothing.

We are using transdermal application for a more steady and accurate dosage rate, so we need the crystals.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks @Milson

Hopefully one of these is a winner. Feel like I'm playing the lottery here.

Seeds

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Also, possibly related, he original cannabis plants that were brought to Jamaica came there from Ethiopia. It's entirely possible that Jamaican genetics would have a significant amount of THCV.

Skeptik

Skeptik

I stumbled across this thread late so I've had to catch up, but this topic is of high interest to me. I'm a hydro grower in a legal state and I've been on the hunt for THCV for a couple years. It's been frustrating. I've grown out Durban Poison from Dutch Passion, but it it appears it's been so heavily worked for THC that there's not much THCV left. I have a jar of fem seeds to share if anyone is interested.

I also grew out a Malawi (Ace) last spring, but was somewhat disappointed. It was a beast of a plant, but little 'V' as far as I can tell. I'm currently focused on Wild Thai (WoS) which is one of the few strains that mentions THCV in it's description. I've grown out 2 fems and they both definitely deliver a speedy buzz, but still not the level I'm looking for. Currently in the process of producing fems of the Thai.

There was discussion early in the thread re: THCV production being dependent on genetics or environment. I can say unequivocally that there is a strong genetic factor. Environment may regulate production through epigenetics or operon binding, but cells can't just think up a new metabolic pathway. You need the genes.

I'm happy to share experience and/or genetics related to THCV. Let's keep this thread alive!

Skeptik

Skeptik

I should add other sources of landrace genetics. Check out The Landrace Team, World of Seeds, and Seeds of Africa. The latter 2 have worked their lines, but I belive that TLT an The Real Seed Co. sell primarily seeds from hand-selected natives.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I stumbled across this thread late so I've had to catch up, but this topic is of high interest to me. I'm a hydro grower in a legal state and I've been on the hunt for THCV for a couple years. It's been frustrating. I've grown out Durban Poison from Dutch Passion, but it it appears it's been so heavily worked for THC that there's not much THCV left. I have a jar of fem seeds to share if anyone is interested.

I also grew out a Malawi (Ace) last spring, but was somewhat disappointed. It was a beast of a plant, but little 'V' as far as I can tell. I'm currently focused on Wild Thai (WoS) which is one of the few strains that mentions THCV in it's description. I've grown out 2 fems and they both definitely deliver a speedy buzz, but still not the level I'm looking for. Currently in the process of producing fems of the Thai.

There was discussion early in the thread re: THCV production being dependent on genetics or environment. I can say unequivocally that there is a strong genetic factor. Environment may regulate production through epigenetics or operon binding, but cells can't just think up a new metabolic pathway. You need the genes.

I'm happy to share experience and/or genetics related to THCV. Let's keep this thread alive!
Did you grow out red stem Malawi or Malawi gold?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Resubmitting this one - error with first post

Damn, I cant get this video to play but it's fine on YT.

THCV Decarb Testing with Jack the Ripper Part 3 ~ Sample Prep

This video series tests the theory that decarb time and temp is a significant variable in overall THCV detection using Thin Layer Chromatography.

Last edited:
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Resubmitting this one - error with first post

Damn, I cant get this video to play but it's fine on YT.

THCV Decarb Testing with Jack the Ripper Part 3 ~ Sample Prep

This video series tests the theory that decarb time and temp is a significant variable in overall THCV detection using Thin Layer Chromatography.
It's like watching a TV series about my dream job. I can't wait for the next episode.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Here you go Trips. Uploading now

THCV Decarb Testing with Jack the Ripper Part 5 ~ Analysis and Results

This final episode of the series focuses on the TLC plate and how to interpret the data.

Top Bottom