High Times 2nd Annual U.S. Cannabis Cup 2014

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Tell me bout it. Kiddos bday is the 18th and Easter on the 20th. Purdy sure ill be missing this one

audiohi

audiohi

Haha 4/20 Easter awesome.

We rented a booth in the smoking area. Actually 2 we will be sharing a area with the 303 seeds guys. See you guys there, free seeds n dabs.

@red x looking forward to meeting again!

Oh damn! seeds, dabs, and 303? I'm going to have to stop by and thank those guys! They are the best!

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

ive been to quite a few high times cup and kush expo here in cali... they were fun met cool peeps hungout and smoked traded nugs and seeds... some peeps are sketchy about going or being seen... i met some really cool breeders had cool conversations even met pieguy and he kicked down some nugs and smoked it with fellow famers on here... i have a bad back so it was hard to find places to sit down but i managed... ya there definitely needs to be a growers cup not so commericalized with all these raver kids... it would be awesome if some of these mods would set up a thcfarm cup but then not sure people would want their faces seen in public.. anyhoo the HHcup is next month gonna met with some outta state farm fam cant wait to trade nugs and stories....
Forgive my ignorance, but when I googled HH cup the results were talking about bra sizes..those would be pretty big titties, btw..

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I was thinking the same thing. I've started working on a few ideas already, most importantly, finding funding for the project. Last year at a private forum, we tried to organize an event but no one had money to invest, leaving the ideas but not much more.. Money for location, bands, prizes, food, renting infrastructure, city permits.....the list goes on and on. Who the hell wants to organize a worth while event if there's no money to be made? Good parties cost money!! At this point, I'm working out the cost of initial investment.
I know the guys at Grow Big fairly well.. They've hosted the Secret Cup, Winter SOlstice Party, etc.. They are a mj friendly shop, so hosting this type of event is possible--the Secret Cup email said they would have as many outlets available as possible for e-nails. Not the hugest venue, but we aren't talking about doing this for the masses, more of a private thing..an "in the know" thing.

Venue, DJs, go-go/promo girls, etc I can get that..dank nugs, well we know that's on hand..CO, baby!
As long as you attend shotguns we all good canna ;) need to chat it up tho!
And if I don't get the invite this year Im going to be disappointed! Im right down the street from Shotguns. Fuck it, Im getting a ticket before they sell out..unless anyone wants to bro me out a vendors pass :D

Hazefeen

Hazefeen

I went, it was stupid crowded. I wanted seeds, I wanted to know more people. I wanted to not be in need of personal space. I think I'd have to really be coaxed into it this time around.. I'd much rather some of us farmers get together at our mountain top retreat in the woods and see how many of us farmers we can pack into the joint.

PB

I feel ya PB, I get anxiety at the events I still go with my wife, But a smaller group sounds cool :D

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I just hope over 21 can get into anywhere I'm not sure why there should be an exclusive redcard area if there is a redcard area something tells me if there is that's where the seeds will be

Last year the only free seed I got where from raredankness A+ wonder and UVA.
I tried to talk to RD about those freebies and I just got the cold shoulder ??? They wouldn tell me about the seed at the event and I got no response here at the the farm from RD don't know if they'll be there this year but I wouldn mind more freebies from them

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

High Times will once again be a Mile High on the 4/20 holiday, when the magazine will bring its now-annual Cannabis Cup back to Denver. But do recent shutdowns of other cannabis-friendly events in the city mean that attendees won't enjoy the same huge clambake that has marked the last three Cups?

According to promoters, the event will once again be filled with speakers, grow workshops, live music and plenty of national and international vendors -- much like last year's. The 2013 cup also marked the first time there was open cannabis consumption allowed for adults 21 and up. As a result, the festivities sprawled out of the Exdo Event Center and into a neighboring vacant lot that High Times had transformed into a pot carnival hazed over with dabs and monster joints.

But how open and smoke-filled this year's Cannabis Cup will be compared to last year's remains to be seen. In the past, the Cup operated in a somewhat nebulous legal gray area with "patient-only" warehouses and 21-and-up recreational zones; last year, nobody was sure how the courts were defining "open and public" use as it related to cannabis consumption. But in Denver these days, the definition seems to be a lot more black-and-white.

Two cannabis-friendly events nowhere near the size and scope of the Cannabis Cup have been shut down in recent weeks. The first was one of AJ Hashman's monthly MMJ Meet-and-Greet parties at the Aztlan Theater; the night before the February edition, Denver police told Hashman in no uncertain terms that he was not to hold the event. The second was the Marijuana Madness Home Growers' Competition originally planned for this Friday at Hoodlab; according to the event's Facebook page, it was canceled because "the City of Denver has expressed concern about our event and is in the process of shutting it down."

So far, High Times hasn't given out too many details on what it plans to do, though an interesting note on the event's website mentions that the "outdoor component" is fenced off and not visible to the general public -- but the site also says that selling or distributing cannabis will not be allowed. The event has also left Exdo for the Denver Mart, though it is keeping alive the tradition of throwing two Red Rocks concerts, with Slightly Stoopid and Mac Miller on Saturday, April 19, and Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa on Sunday, April 20.

@rawman you got a map? Came for seeds last year but only left a headache.

@rawman

rawman

rawman

No map I didn't do the contacting just threw funds down on the reservations.

NeWcS

NeWcS

I bought a ticket but am still debating on if i'll go. I have a disease that causes me to have vertigo. After reading all this about crazy ass amounts of people, I am not so sure what to expect. I too want to go for the seeds and to talk with some breeds and growers. I have always wanted to go to the 'Cannabis Cup' in Holland but I guess this might be the closest Ill get to that...

Do they allow people to wear backpacks at the event? I ask because at the last grow expo they didn't allow them and carrying shit around sucks.
cheers

Lunchbox627

Lunchbox627

I bought a ticket but am still debating on if i'll go. I have a disease that causes me to have vertigo. After reading all this about crazy ass amounts of people, I am not so sure what to expect. I too want to go for the seeds and to talk with some breeds and growers. I have always wanted to go to the 'Cannabis Cup' in Holland but I guess this might be the closest Ill get to that...

Do they allow people to wear backpacks at the event? I ask because at the last grow expo they didn't allow them and carrying shit around sucks.
cheers

Yeah last year backpacks were allowed...but it was so chaotic day 1 anything was getting in. Day 2 was much more mild and backpacks came with a search.

Top Bottom