High Times 2nd Annual U.S. Cannabis Cup 2014

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boston

Denver

In 2014, HIGH TIMES will return to the Mile High City for our fourth event at theDenver Mart. Our first two events in Denver were Medical Cannabis Cups, restricted to medical patients only. But Colorado voters legalized adult, recreational use of marijuana in the 2012 election, which resulted in our most successful Cannabis Cup ever. We now host the US Cannabis Cup, an event open to all adults.

Please note that only those 18 and over with ID may attend the event, 21 and over with ID to enter the smoking area. Those 18 and over with a Colorado medical card will also be able to enter the smoking area.
Doors open at 11am both Saturday and Sunday.

Are you a vendor? Information can be found here.

Join us for ICE CUBE & ACTION BRONSON Friday Opening Night Party
A $60 entry fee Includes entry into Homestead Hydro Presents Opening Night Party, kicking off 4/20 weekend at Denver Mart. Doors open at 8:30 PM. *** THIS TICKET DOES NOT INCLUDE ENTRY TO THE CANNABIS CUP! ONLY TO THE FRIDAY NIGHT PRE-PARTY***

11:00 a.m.HIGH TIMES US Cannabis Cup Schedule
Saturday, April 19
12:30 p.m. – FORUM I
“Won't Someone Think About The Children?” As the legalization and medicalization of marijuana increase, the challenges for pot smoking parents will increase as well. Presented in association with the NORML Women's Alliance.
Rick Cusick (moderator), HIGH TIMES
Brittany Driver, journalist
Art Way, Drug Policy Alliance
Jill Lamoureux, Americans for Safe Access

1 p.m. – PAVILION
“Dabs of Denver” A discussion on the current advances, laws, and concerns regarding concentrates
Bobby Black (moderator), HIGH TIMES
K, Trichome Technologies
Giddy Up, Emotek Labs
Derek Cumings, Pink House
Nikka T, Essential Extracts

2 p.m. – FORUM I
B.E. Smith, cultivator/activist, presents “The Meaning of Freedom”

2:30 p.m. – PLAZA
HIGH TIMES cultivation editor Nico Escondido presents a precise program giving guidelines to beginning growers to grow legally in Colorado.

3:30 p.m. – FORUM I
“The Art of Edibles” Learn how to create potent, consistent cannabis-infused foods from leaders in the industry.
Elise McDonough (moderator), HIGH TIMES
Jamie Lewis, Good Chemistry
Joshua Fink, Medically Correct
Allison D-Ray, Ettalew’s Medibles
Wheeler del Toro, author/chef
Angel & Erin, Healthy Creations

4 p.m. – PLAZA
Colorado attorney Rob Corry presents "The Monster I Created: Has Colorado's Over-Taxed and Over-Regulated Marijuana Industry Sold Its Soul?"

5 p.m. – FORUM I
Rolf Schlake presents “A Real Understanding of Extractions using CO2: How it’s Done in the Food and Pharmaceutical Industries”

7 p.m. Slightly Stoopid & Mac Miller at Red Rocks

Sunday, April 20th
12:30 p.m. – FORUM I
“Radical Russ” Belville presents “Debunking the Anti-Marijuana Business Crusade of Project SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana.

1 p.m. – PLAZA
“How to Open a Business in the Cannabis Industry”
Jen Bernstein (moderator), HIGH TIMES
Brooke Gehring, Patients Choice of Colorado
Elliott Klug, Pink House Blooms
Ryan Cook, The Clinic

2 p.m. – FORUM I
“The Power of Topicals” Learn to use cannabis-infused body care products for healing that’s more than skin deep!
Elise McDonough (moderator), HIGH TIMES
Nicole Smith, Mary’s Medicinals
Ah Warner, Cannabis Basics
Megan Schwarting, Kush Creams
James Kennedy, Apothecanna

2:30 p.m. – PLAZA
HIGH TIMES presents "Free Weed from Danny Danko" featuring a panel of cultivation experts.
Danny Danko (moderator), HIGH TIMES
DJ Short, breeder
Scott, Rare Dankness
K, Trichome Technologies
Don & Aaron, DNA Genetics
Kyle Kushman, Kushman Genetics

3:30 p.m. – FORUM I
“Marijuana for Trauma” Military veterans discuss the benefits of cannabis.
Chris Simunek (moderator), HIGH TIMES
Dr. Darryl Hudson, Peace Naturals
Fabian Henry, veteran
Lloyd Farmer, veteran
Ian Bailey, veteran
Ryan Edwards, veteran

4 p.m. – PLAZA
“The Future of Legalization”
Rick, Cusick (moderator), HIGH TIMES
Keith Stroup, NORML
Alle St. Pierre, NORML
Sabrina Fendrick, NORML
Mason Tvert, MPP
Rachel Gillette, Colorado NORML

7: 30 p.m.
HIGH TIMES presents the U.S. Cannabis Cup Awards show

What is a Cannabis Cup?

It's a two-day trade show/EXPO incorporating vendor booths in a main building with an extended outdoor component for additional vendor booths.

This year's event will include the Cannabis Freedom Trail. Event attendees are invited to visit and sample products from Denver's participating pot shops. Choose the best and vote for them on Sunday. The shop with the most votes wins the People's Cup.

Inside booths range from glassware and clothing to grow equipment and artwork. Expect three seminars per day either in a sectioned off area off the main floor or in a private theater-like setting. The seminar topics include legalization regulations featuring Denver experts, current political issues, grow seminars with HIGH TIMES editors and a cooking seminar from our own Cannabis Cookbook author.

llamabox

llamabox

Hope to meet more folks than last year. Will be drinking with you guys on the 18th, hope to meet you TK.

llamabox

llamabox

I'll have on my Llama shirt. At the Cup should be bouncing between Centennial seeds and Curbside Services booths. And should be rockin' it at the Hoodlab with Foe.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There are a ton of other events goin on around town as well..the cup is just one, I would encourage people to take advantage of the many many other things goin on as well..the actual cup can be kind of an ass whip when it gets right down to it

Johnny Fire

Johnny Fire

Can't wait for this... it'll be my first to any cup event.... ill be a bean collector hopefully! ....lol

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I will be there Saturday with plenty of free beans, as long as you're at least 21 :-)
My main reason for going to the actual Cup is to meet the crews from BOG and Loompa Farms. Once that mission is accomplished, I will probably leave the venue and find somewhere else to chill.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

@cannarado what time you guys doing it up?

Anyone going to the Slightly Stoopid show?

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Prob be there around 730-8. It will actually be free door and $2 big drafts. Ill have a bottle of goose and some dom for the ladies. Should be fun. Bunch of breeders and growers will be there

Latest posts

Top Bottom