High Times Disp Cup April 2 & 3

• Thread starter mysophilia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

If the main goal is legalization, it goes without saying the organizers would further their cause immensely by stating THAT CAUSE and flyin' the bird HIGH at the Gov't in that light rather than damaging the MMJ laws on the books and exhibiting no personal responsibility for their actions >whatsoever<. Colorado is SUPPOSEDLY on the forefront of a legalization measure for the 2012 vote..so hiding/wrapping/copping out on this event as a "MMJ" event to me shows how WEAK that push really is.

As far as the War....I believe events like this are a taunt to the DEA and will be a very goood reason/example for them to use against "MMJ" as a whole @ some point in time in the near future. ANY involvement with High times is not only corporate involvement, it's also "heat' because HT has been on the DEA's radar since the 70's in a big way.

have fun, kids.

s h

C

canaguy27

I'm glad folks are having "fun" with our laws and with flaunting the parody of what MMJ has become in Colorado to the max, but after having to hire an attorney on Friday to FIGHT FOR MY RIGHT TO GROW in my home as the LAW (A20)

were you working with an edible variance or strictly under a20? Just curious. Good luck with everything. Anything in particular that caused the issue that the rest of us could learn from?

eyecandi

eyecandi

while I can understand and argue both sides, IMO it's difficult to get stoners out of their holes and many don't have a clue as to the rules/law changes that affect them and this is a way to get those people off their couches and educated. because of being able to network and meet others I wouldn't normally, I have a better idea of where to put my $$ to help fight 1284 and the other BS as well.

while I truly feel for you and think it sux whatever issues you have to deal with now, if people don't band their $$ together in the right places to fight it .... many will be stuck fighting with their own $$ and it's a waste.

sky high

sky high

were you working with an edible variance or strictly under a20? Just curious. Good luck with everything. Anything in particular that caused the issue that the rest of us could learn from?

FWIW...all is >well< here. No legal issues beyond the buttfuckin one always gets at $250 an hour for an attorney's time .

1284 (and the "Green rush") caused the issue....namely....it gave the counties the right to regulate the newly-created/self-created "industry" side of MMJ in CO.....

unfortunately, >some< counties...like mine....are misunderstsanding/not giving a fuck/freaking out to the point that they feel that the passing of 1284 also gives them the right to regulate individual rights as written under both A20 and 1284.

So while others party and joke it up....all in fun.....some folks have to hire attorneys to protect their right to grow/caregive for others in their own home.

If you want to fight 1284/etc.... STOP ANY ASSOCIATION WITH THE CENTERS, including attending any events like this HT "Medical Cup"

CU athletic cup
eyecandi

eyecandi

quite an enjoyable time. 1st - for all the haters on 'its rigged' ..... tell that to all the winners who are 'no-names' .... i didn't see any big dispensaries reaping 'em in, just little guys who do good work. 2nd - the CBD award (hmmm ... testing CBD levels that are known to actually help patients ... yeah ... doesn't seem very Med worthy ...) went to a pre-98 Bubba that tested at over 12.5%, fucking incredible! The HT staff was VERY impressed (current testing in CA puts CBD @ max of 9.5%+) as there were 2 strains that tested over 11% CBD. --- without events like this, how do you propose getting a structure in place for people to test, share, experiment with different strains like these? Should they be bottled up in a few peoples basements and not shared for the greater benefit of all? it's tough enough getting growers together to share as it is .... how many of you are holding up strains that are sooooo important to you? what if that one kick ass strain is a golden child for medical patients?

I also get to bring home a new BCNorthern Lights clonebox .... sooooo f'ing excited to try this baby out. :)

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Winners

Best Concentrate : 1st Salida Green Cross's Grape Ape 2nd

Best CBD. 1. Pre-1999 ....2. Bubble ...

I have that list somewhere.... I fill this in in the morning....

Goba

Goba

Sativas: 3rd- island sweet skunk from highland wellness, 2nd- alpha blue from skinny pineapple/the farm, 1st- snow dog from natural alternatives

Hybrids: 3rd- banana kush from highland health, 2nd- white dog a cut above, 1st- sour grape from mile high green cross

Best Concentrates: 3rd- lemon g13 from greenest green 2nd- hong kong oil from broadway wellness 1st- grape ape oil from salida green cross

Goba

Goba

BEST BOOTH
1) MADE
TIE 2) The Cannaseur
TIE 2) The Incredibowl Industries
3) Lazy J's

BEST GLASS
1) DROCK By Lazy J's
2) Hitman Glass Butane Torch Tube By Steve Bates
3) M420 Vapor Dome Sherlock By The Incredibowl Industries

BEST PRODUCTS
1) Incredibowl M420 from The Incredibowl Industries
2) Hitman Turbine from MADE
3) Crucible Titanium Nail Concentrate Bar from Broadway Wellness

THE CBD AWARD
1) Pre '98 Bubba Kush from The Clinic on Holly - 12.7% CBD
2) Bubblegum Kush from Project Greenergy - 10.39% CBD

EDIBLE CUP
1) Cheeba Chews - Deca Dose
2) Pecanna Bar - Standing Akimbo
3) Mountain Medicines - Blueberry Pie Bar

CONCENTRATE CUP
1) Grape Ape Wellness Wax - Salida Green Cross
2) Hong Kong Stable Oil - Broadway Wellness
3) Lemon G-13 Hash Oil - The Greenest Green

HYBRID CUP
1) Sour Grape - Mile High Green Cross Dispensary
2) White Dawg - Cut Above, PND LLC. Dispensary
3) Banana Kush - Highland Health DIspensary

INDICA CUP
1) Banana Kush - Mile High Green Cross Dispensary
2) L.A. Confidential - 420 Wellness Dispensary
3) Chemdog - Highland Health Dispensary

SATIVA CUP
1) Snowdog - Natural Alternatives for Health Dispensary
2) Alpha Blue - The Farm /Skinny Pineapple Dispensary
3) Island Sweet Skunk - Grass Roots Health & Wellness Center

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

the cutt that won 2nd in the hybrid whitedawg #3 is from neptune n kromes selections...sister to the cutt gtd runs the #4..some worthless info i have in my head.

M

Mr Dank

it is very obvious that potency had nothing to do with the winners, as Bananna Kush placed in a few categories lol

G

ganjherbsmoke

Alpha blue is blue dream and sour d they normally call it dream d and personally think its nothing special whatsoever yet it takes 2nd lol what a joke
Not to mention banana kush is a crap strain imo never seen a batch I like don't see how it took first or even any place at all haha

I

IVIars

The cannasuer didn't win with their original Bubba Kush? You would think that since he bred it, he would have the best cut. I guess not

true grit

true grit

Think it was a good time, no spots had real impressive weeds in the least, but did see a few decent samples. Again and as expected- the danks were in the crowd. And bejeeezus did I have some horrible ear wax/BHO this weekend. Can't believe some people sell that shit.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

Think it was a good time, no spots had real impressive weeds in the least, but did see a few decent samples. Again and as expected- the danks were in the crowd. And bejeeezus did I have some horrible ear wax/BHO this weekend. Can't believe some people sell that shit.

yeah no kidding, gotta stay away from the wax/BHO being given out. and the danks were definitely within the crowd

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Seems like ALL the winners are hybrids and bear little to no resemblance to pure indicas or sativas.

Hahaha, exactly. And Snowdog, best sativa? Snowdog is 40% sativa at best, IMhO....

I spent all weekend at the Indoor Gardening Expo and had more fun, met up with more cool people, shook Ed Rosenthal's hand, chatted it up about plant health and chemistry with a few scientiests/researchers from GO/GH and Botanicare, and got to smoke some dank on the sky deck at the Colorado Convention Center with some cool peeps. Not to mention I got enough nutes to run my personal garden for almost a year! The nutrient/indoor gardening industry seems more focused this year than the past few shows that seemed to have more bullshit products. Also, shout out to the House and Garden reps that SERIOUSLY hooked it up with the free gear. I won't have to buy Roots Excel for a good little while!

I showed up to the HT Cup late last evening, they had just closed the medication room/tent/whatever. So my experience of the cup was no smoking herb?!?!?! I wasn't impressed at all by the HT event, and what the fuck was up with that horrible comedian? Go back to the Disney Channel, dude!

Tripsick

Tripsick

So where was the judging done? who were the judges? you could smoke in the crowd or was there was a spot? or did all the judging get done before the event?

What was wrong with the BHO? not purged?

Top Bottom