High Yield Organics!

• Thread starter Rockwell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rockwell

Hey everyone!

Lots of people say chemicals produce the biggest yields. I don't think this is true.

Here is my latest run using Veganics. I did two plants per 1000 watt light and bent them using a modified super cropping method. I used West Coast Horticulture Grow 213, Bloom 224, Micronutrients and Chelated Calcium. I used wire tie stapled to the ceiling to tie up all the heavy buds so they would fill out fully. I have found not tying the buds up lowers yields substantially. Yield was
very high quality Sour Diesel and just over two Lbs per 1000 watt lights! Does anyone else have experience using West Coast Horticulture nutrients?

I have grown with chemicals and organic nutrients over the years and as far as I can tell organics produce just as good of yields as chemicals.

West coast horticulture veganics West coast horticulture organics

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

never heard anybody talk about that nute company except for stinkbud..

P

paulycali

No thing out of the ordinary to me. Getting 1 gram per watt + is what were all aiming for. No matter what style or plant count your turn out will always be the same. Ex. 1000w light = 1000 grams. 600w light = 600 grams and so forth. Nice to see veganics and organic gardeners but what makes their nutes veganic?

K

kushtrees

Veganics is no animal products so no blood or bone meal. All vegetable matter. IMO hydro will yield over organic because way more O to the roots which increases growth a lot. That doesn't mean u can't get the same yield in organic soil. I garuantee that you will veg a lot faster with hydro than soil which wil translate into more time flowering and over time more yield.

That said if u get 1+ gram/ watt with soil than you rock

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

I can't seem to get much over .5grams per watt in organic soil and nutes. I definitely have room for improvement but don't beleive I will ever get to 1gram per watt.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I can't seem to get much over .5grams per watt in organic soil and nutes. I definitely have room for improvement but don't beleive I will ever get to 1gram per watt.

I thought that too and just pulled 14 from 6000watts. Strain, veg time, full canopy, CAPs benefits, great feeding regiment and good climate. I attribute my yield to a longer then normal veg time for a SOG.
Sour d cola

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Heard good things about Sour Diesel. Hows the smoke?

reeldrag

reeldrag

you can get same yield BUT i do believe in my heart that organic takes a much deeper knowledge of the entire process to get same yield, you really need to understand the entire process how soil responds to different things IE caps beanies, lime,green sand,ect how the plant pulls these nutes at different times and why ect ect with chem nutes I.E. fox farm,GH follow their feeding chart dont do anything but follow it ,you dont need to know why you are putting this or that in just follow the chart and 10 weeks later you will have a very nice harvest. I have been farming for yrs and have tried every method known to man and I prefer good old fashion organic dirt grown to any other method for quality but it is twice as hard to get the yield as other methods it is very doable once a person gets their mind around what is going on but it takes time to learn the very small details that make all the difference. But when you have the quality of people ( caregiverken, alien, fishwhistle,kola,seamaden,ect) that we have here on the farm it does help shorten the learning curve.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hmmm just did .8gpw SOG style in dirt. All organic. Probably could have done more if I had increased density. Feed heavy with organic amendments use full spectrum teas (bacterial/fungal) and the occasional guano/kelp/frass boost. Make sure your soil is well aerated. Dial in and perfect the wet dry cycle. If yield is critical then the right strain in the right environment is also critical. Plant density, height, canopy penetration, & light distance are all factors that have a huge role as well. Know your strain, know your medium, know your environment.

outwest

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey Rockwell, its hard to say organics will yield just as much as hydro unless you did a side-by-side with all factors constant except plants under 1 light are organic and the other hydro.

I'm thinking you vegged longer then usual to get those 2 plants as big as they are and we all know plants in hydro grow faster because of the nutrients getting absorbed directly by the roots without being broken down.

Like kushtrees said, hydro will veg faster then organics, therefore with the same amount of veg time hydro plants will yield more then organics because they grow faster and bigger which usually causes bigger yields come harvest time.

By the way, you got some nice looking plants!! Its not easy to get 2+ lbs. per light with only 2 plants, let alone organics, great job and good luck bro.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
In terms of efficiency, hydro definitely moves along faster. I truly believe all other factors being the same you can get equivalent yields from a organic soil plant, it will just take you longer to get there.

outwest

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hmmm just did .8gpw SOG style in dirt. All organic. Probably could have done more if I had increased density. Feed heavy with organic amendments use full spectrum teas (bacterial/fungal) and the occasional guano/kelp/frass boost. Make sure your soil is well aerated. Dial in and perfect the wet dry cycle. If yield is critical then the right strain in the right environment is also critical. Plant density, height, canopy penetration, & light distance are all factors that have a huge role as well. Know your strain, know your medium, know your environment.

outwest

I'm just curious, do you buy potting soil (fox farm, roots, black gold, ect.) or make your own mix with peat moss, peat humus, compost, ect.??

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm just curious, do you buy potting soil (fox farm, roots, black gold, ect.) or make your own mix with peat moss, peat humus, compost, ect.??

Good question. I was using roots. It's $11/bag locally which is pretty much cost. I'm now reusing my soil. This is my first run doing so, and the plants are very healthy.

outwest

EDIT: I was amending the roots potting soil with a little of this and that as well as about 10% growstones for added aeration.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Good question. I was using roots. It's $11/bag locally which is pretty much cost. I'm now reusing my soil. This is my first run doing so, and the plants are very healthy.

outwest

Damn, I pay $20 a bag for FFOF, Roots, ect. where I live, but its on the east coast so the market isn't nearly as big in other states out west so they charge more. I actually started a new grow last week and I made my own mix using about 45% sphagnum peat moss, 35% perlite and 20% peat humus. No amendments because I'm using chem ferts, but its working good so far and its alot less expensive then buying name brand potting soil.

Next run I wanna make my own soilless mix using coco, perlite and sphagnum peat moss, I just gotta figure out the ratio, but I think it'll work good.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Damn, I pay $20 a bag for FFOF, Roots, ect. where I live, but its on the east coast so the market isn't nearly as big in other states out west so they charge more. I actually started a new grow last week and I made my own mix using about 45% sphagnum peat moss, 35% perlite and 20% peat humus. No amendments because I'm using chem ferts, but its working good so far and its alot less expensive then buying name brand potting soil.

Next run I wanna make my own soilless mix using coco, perlite and sphagnum peat moss, I just gotta figure out the ratio, but I think it'll work good.

One thing I would highly suggest unless you get bugs or disease is reusing your medium. I've just started doing this and am kinda ashamed that I hadn't been doing it longer.

outwest

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

One thing I would highly suggest unless you get bugs or disease is reusing your medium. I've just started doing this and am kinda ashamed that I hadn't been doing it longer.

outwest

How exactly do you reuse soil in pots?? Do I need to flush the soil with something or do I just take out as many roots as possible without any treatment??

Latest posts

Top Bottom