High yielding strains

• Thread starter crikey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crikey

I am looking for some high yielding strains to grow this summer because i wont be able to grow for a while after the summer because i think i'm moving house.

B

blue

There are tons of high yielding strains depends on how long you have to grow them & your growing knowledge.

Big bud
Any of the skunk's
Afghans
Thai's done right

the list is endless like I say the other factors are what you should be looking at first brother.

D

Donk Frog

Here we go again, everyday a new thread like this one pops up, new members should look through the fourms FIRST to see if their Question is already answered.... in like 50 different threads...lol

C

crikey

I did search but my internet was playing up and it wouldnt show the results so i started a thread and if you dont like what i posted then why bother replying.

hubcap

hubcap

i hear ya donk frog..
but also see ripz side, too.

newer growers just need to understand, its not SO MUCH the strains, beacuse MOST will yield....

extended veg times and good gardening is key as well.
so, dont get all caught up in what strains you wanna run. make sure you have a good working knowledge of what a plant NEEDS before you go buying seeds because of false yield numbers in breeder descriptions; most of which are 'slightly exaggerated', at best.

alot of things come into play when going for bumper yields. ignorance to the plant and its needs will be the FIRST thing to limit that overall yield, imo. not so much the strain itself.

that being said...
one with a good working knowledge of the plant and the ability to be patient during the vegetation stage....will, generally, be able to garner heavier plants.

generally speaking
, the plants with a mix of sativa and indica tend to be the biggest overall yielders, imo.

D

drpressure600

. . heres some good strains for you, ''critical mass'', ''AK 47'', ''artic sun'', ''pot of gold'' . .

mace

mace

when looking for beans or strains that you would like to grow, i consider 500 grams per sqr meter and up, high yield.

hubcap

hubcap

generally, mace, thats not a bad way to go..
just as long as everyone understands that those numbers are under optimal conditions and well trained breeders running them. not everyone has that knowledge or ability.

but those numbers are a good guide to go thru and see what can yield heavier plants....

in short, its a good tool to help limit it down, just as long as one doesnt hold those 'yield numbers' to be 'gospel', per se....

skunk/pot of gold/critial mass are good suggestions. like said, all skunk influence, and all can yield well.

C

crikey

I have a strain i got as a freebie from doc chronic its (crit mass x white rhino) has anyone grown this.

B

blue

generally, mace, thats not a bad way to go..
just as long as everyone understands that those numbers are under optimal conditions and well trained breeders running them. not everyone has that knowledge or ability.

very true hub cap .. I had a sore head trying to get this over to a freidn once when he didnt get the magic 500g

S

Silica

You will most likely be very happy with that strain crikey.
Havent tried critical but wr is one of my fave indicas and CM should up the yeild a bit.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Is that the strain called critically smashed? I remember i got free beans from doc of a critical mass cross called critically smashed. WR sounds like a ideal suiter. I never grew them myself, i gave them to a friend, but they were very good. Great stimulant aroma of dank weed, and good yields considering it was his first grow.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Is that the strain called critically smashed? I remember i got free beans from doc of a critical mass cross called critically smashed. WR sounds like a ideal suiter. I never grew them myself, i gave them to a friend, but they were very good. Great stimulant aroma of dank weed, and good yields considering it was his first grow.

i would go for the White Rhino for a high yielder

if you check my grow thread(jah's variety bucket)

you will see i got 3 oz's of one small wr:afroweed:

C

crikey

Yes i had about 15 seeds but most of the ones i tried to germ never cracked and the 3 that did turned out to be male but i have about 6 seeds left so i will try again also got white rhino from nirvana so will try some of them aswell.

Z

ziggy1

Done real well with Legends ultimate indica.... quick also 60 days

K

KungPao

im surprised nobodys mentioned agent orange by TGA. High yielding big stinky buds of orange goodness. ;)

L

l33t

Critical Mass is a good strain indeed. Very suitable for begginers as well imo as I ve found it to be quite hardy n forgiving plant compared to many other Skunk or Skunk/afghan crosses. Plus its a massive yielder and the end product is good.

Like someone said ind/sat hybrids are the high yielders usually , actually I 'd say the sat dominant ind/sat hybrids are the highest yielders. Pure sats are great smokes but difficult to grow and thus one needs to be quite experienced gardener to get great results yield/quality wise and pure indicas are easier but need long veg time in order to yield great plus usually have high leaf to calyx ratio. Hybrids are the best of two worlds..

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

this is an emotive subject as everyone has they're own opinion but coming into the thread saying "i would not waste my time on any of the strains mentioned yet" and then saying in your "appropriate" strains "Sannies seeds jack is supposed to yield phenomenally" just seems silly , your rubbishing the strains that people are recommending based on fact i.e. they've grown them and recommending a strain that you've heard yields well.
dont get me wrong sannie is a really good breeder but unless you've grown it how do you know? i dont agree with everyones suggestions in this thread but at least most of them are speaking from experience.

damn, wish I'd said that. Props ripz.

throw in my 2 cents ( minus taxes )

clone if ya can get it ( and ya can handle the horrendous stench ) : catpiss

seed and ya can get these well one of em for sure, the others in testing phase
Chocolate Piss ( catpiss x og choc thai) (testing) I was fortunate enough to recieve cuts and beans
JC2
nirvana afghani will have some very frosty and heavy yielders as will ice and k2

Top Bottom