33DFA62E 6686 409F 87D2 61279375103F

1B6AE56A 4B4A 4E14 AE76 E652E64A60F0
987C6B15 D987 4613 8E28 72A1C79E12B7
B325F3B0 AA0F 46AD 9E85 2A17EA948D3A

Jan 15

8E54B3A7 800D 4733 A0D8 0450A2386B38
FEE2557D 935B 4F9F A415 8B9520E3FAD0
06989F29 E9F5 476B A06F C5287C2729A3

After this photo from Jan 16, things took a turn for the worse. The soil level was not to the top of the pot so I added soil.

6A13DB7D AC4A 4C58 9139 BA1BA01E844C

Jan 21
3B0D1722 41D4 4163 8FA7 357405060B0A
E94A204B 75B7 4BFE BBE8 0AF96F756B5E

She has looked like this for a couple of days. At first I thought she was thirsty so I watered. Now it seems like she is over watered. I’m not sure... leaves are dry and crispy. She didn’t peek up at all after water on Sunday. Haven’t watered her since...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Over and under watering look similar, without more info I'd guess it's too dry, but tell what your medium is (*coco?) what your pH is and other information that could help

Also what changed on or just before the 16th when the plant took a turn for the worse? What did you add, take away or do that was different?

*if it's Coco you're going to need to water it differently than soil, I'm not a Coco grower but maybe some who are will be able to help, good luck

HighestCut

HighestCut

Soil is FFOF.

So far I have been watering incorrectly, just adding water without runoff. PH of water going in is 6.5 and PPM is 40, using RO water.

From now on I am going to water until run off.

Here is temp and humidity chart since last Thursday the 16th

19A2B452 B3A1 487E A2B0 D13F59CDD05F

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Opinions differ but I believe runoff in soil is not necessary every single time, but I don't want to add confusion

I just wrote about how to water for a correct wet/dry cycle for someone in the beach house this morning

drop by and check it out, and feel free to ask if you have any questions as I also use ffof and can probably help, good luck!

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Using any nutes? Haven't seen any mentioned. That FFOF is pretty hot from the jump, and doesn't require much as far as added nutrition.

It's possible your soil is probably running low on fuel considering your plants are now 3 weeks old. Knowing you're running RO, you will definitely require cal/mag.

HighestCut

HighestCut

I have not fed with any nutes yet... just water. When I planted the seedling I planted it deep, buried the whole stem and just left the leaves up top. Pot wasn’t completely full of soil and then after watering it compacted a little, so I added more soil, it covered up more of the stem and not long after that it started looking super droopy. The leaves feel very dry.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have not fed with any nutes yet... just water. When I planted the seedling I planted it deep, buried the whole stem and just left the leaves up top. Pot wasn’t completely full of soil and then after watering it compacted a little, so I added more soil, it covered up more of the stem and not long after that it started looking super droopy. The leaves feel very dry.
I want to say it sounds (and looks a little bit) over watered but all your pictures look bone dry except one so IDK yet

I will add that most of us who use ffof add about 25 - 30% perlite to the mix and it helps in keeping it light, not compact and not staying wet too long, hope this helps

HighestCut

HighestCut

I will add perlite to the list for the next grow, too late for that now correct?

when I get home I’ll pick up the pot to see if it feels heavy or light. Last water was Sunday night.

Should I just hold tight and see if she perks up?

HighestCut

HighestCut

So the pot is not super light, there is still water in there. When I use my finger to check the moisture it is spotty, some areas dry, some wet.
Here are pictures:

5D5BCB68 E4DF 4CF0 B76F F3E3B85DDF77
9AB4BD56 55D7 405E 95B4 99B4BF31BC29

She is on day 30, everything had been going so well up to this point!!

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
We have similar first grows. im Only on my second grow myself.
I had 2x4 and eventually moved into a 4x4. But started with a kingled 1000w.
You definitely have a better setup, less area to cover with a better light.

I had similiar issues, which, im infact still fine tuning my way out of the waters. Im no experienced grower by any means.

My issue began with overwatering the hell out of everything. And i couldnt figure out that i was doing that, until i came to THCFarmer and they told me that. So i changed my watering habits. I started underwatering my plants and they kept dying. and After months, and months, of trying. i started throwing plants out. Getting irritated and pissed just chucking plants not fixing the issue. Finally one day i tore the fabric pot i was using open. I cut her right down the side, and i discovered something i was doing wrong. I wasnt watering evenly. Nor correctly yet. Im not going to tell you how to water because im still trying to figure the shit out too. I am simply just trying to share my issue with you because i had similar looking plants.

I wasnt watering evenly. Certain parts of my plant would look okay, some parts would twist and turn, some parts would wilt. It was like the plant didnt know what it was doing. I just straight up had a bad watering habit.

I notice in your pictures, some of your pots arent watered evenly.
Here are some of my plants that went into the trash because i couldnt figure out what was going on, it was my bad watering habits/not watering evenly. It took about 30 THCFarmer members to knock me into shape. I went from the extreme of overwatering, to under-watering.

20190906 085146
20191025 144237 1
20191027 015822 1

Screenshot 20191027 015919 1
20191027 123215 1
20191029 000210

After cutting my pots open, and trying to figure out what was happening.
(NO IM NOT SAYING CUT YOUR POTS OPEN)
20191107 123715 1
IMG 20191216 094653716 2

Watering Correctly will give you inside that look like this:
This is what they look like now when i cut open the pots after fixing my issue:

IMG 20200119 213727 9
IMG 20200119 213834 6 1

when i tore open the pots of the healthier plants i started getting, they look like this due to proper watering, and watering evenly.

Ive noticed every 3-4 days for me, with 1/4 of the pot volume-ISH has worked for me, plus or minus a little. After months of experimenting.

I tend to have very little run off, because its whats currently working for me, but the recommendation is 20% runoff and that works well for many other growers, especially here on THCFarmer. I guess this will give u a little reasoning as to why run off is important. i just learned this myself from other helpful growers on here. It took me awhileeeee. All i can really say is just keep playing and find your pattern that will work for you. It might take some time.

Your other more knowledgeable members will post shortly, Im kind of rolling off just what i see in your pictures. Dry soil, a helpless plant, soil is still wet, misleading issues, kinda the issue i was having.

As Beach walker posted above, hes not much into run off everytime, which is what works for him. So your routine will differ, not a WHOLE LOT, but it will.

I know you said you have found your issue and you are going to correct it. Hopefully i was able to provide some type of help to you, im usually the one crying and screaming for all sorts of help from everyone.

Once again just my experience with over/under watering.

Get yourself on a cycle of watering till a little bit of run off every couple days, my guess is somewhere in 2-4 days between waterings. Different for everyone, all the environmental variables vary. Your rootball, in the center of the pot will still feel a little moist, even when its ready for water.

Happy growing. :)
Sorry if i didnt help you at all. Im also a new grower who experiences horrible issues like this on a DAILY basis.
More overwatered pictures are below, along with spotty watering.

20191126 141938 1
20191119 131719 1
Last edited:
HighestCut

HighestCut

We have similar first grows. im Only on my second grow myself.
I had 2x4 and eventually moved into a 4x4. But started with a kingled 1000w.
You definitely have a better setup, less area to cover with a better light.

I had similiar issues, which, im infact still fine tuning my way out of the waters. Im no experienced grower by any means.

My issue began with overwatering the hell out of everything. And i couldnt figure out that i was doing that, until i came to THCFarmer and they told me that. So i changed my watering habits. I started underwatering my plants and they kept dying. and After months, and months, of trying. i started throwing plants out. Getting irritated and pissed just chucking plants not fixing the issue. Finally one day i tore the fabric pot i was using open. I cut her right down the side, and i discovered something i was doing wrong. I wasnt watering evenly. Nor correctly yet. Im not going to tell you how to water because im still trying to figure the shit out too. I am simply just trying to share my issue with you because i had similar looking plants.

I wasnt watering evenly. Certain parts of my plant would look okay, some parts would twist and turn, some parts would wilt. It was like the plant didnt know what it was doing. I just straight up had a bad watering habit.

I notice in your pictures, some of your pots arent watered evenly.
Here are some of my plants that went into the trash because i couldnt figure out what was going on, it was my bad watering habits/not watering evenly. It took about 30 THCFarmer members to knock me into shape. I went from the extreme of overwatering, to under-watering.

View attachment 932242View attachment 932243View attachment 932244View attachment 932245
View attachment 932246View attachment 932247View attachment 932248

After cutting my pots open, and trying to figure out what was happening.
(NO IM NOT SAYING CUT YOUR POTS OPEN)
View attachment 932251View attachment 932253

Watering Correctly will give you inside that look like this:
This is what they look like now when i cut open the pots after fixing my issue:

View attachment 932254View attachment 932255

when i tore open the pots of the healthier plants i started getting, they look like this due to proper watering, and watering evenly.

Ive noticed every 3-4 days for me, with 1/4 of the pot volume-ISH has worked for me, plus or minus a little. After months of experimenting.

I tend to have very little run off, because its whats currently working for me, but the recommendation is 20% runoff and that works well for many other growers, especially here on THCFarmer. I guess this will give u a little reasoning as to why run off is important. i just learned this myself from other helpful growers on here. It took me awhileeeee. All i can really say is just keep playing and find your pattern that will work for you. It might take some time.

Your other more knowledgeable members will post shortly, Im kind of rolling off just what i see in your pictures. Dry soil, a helpless plant, soil is still wet, misleading issues, kinda the issue i was having.

As Beach walker posted above, hes not much into run off everytime, which is what works for him. So your routine will differ, not a WHOLE LOT, but it will.

I know you said you have found your issue and you are going to correct it. Hopefully i was able to provide some type of help to you, im usually the one crying and screaming for all sorts of help from everyone.

Once again just my experience with over/under watering.

Get yourself on a cycle of watering till a little bit of run off every couple days, my guess is somewhere in 2-4 days between waterings. Different for everyone, all the environmental variables vary. Your rootball, in the center of the pot will still feel a little moist, even when its ready for water.

Happy growing. :)
Sorry if i didnt help you at all. Im also a new grower who experiences horrible issues like this on a DAILY basis.
More overwatered pictures are below, along with spotty watering.

Thanks @CosmoGrows!! That makes a lot of sense. I have been watering unevenly :(

I just gave it a thorough watering with a small amount of runoff. Set the pot on top of a metal ring so it is not sitting in the runoff.

what light are you using now? How was your yield with the king led 1000?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
That pot looks much better. Im seriously no pro, these guys here just knocked everything i told you into my head, and im just transferring the info to you. I take no credit.

Now that you have it well saturated, Ehh give it 2-3 days, and check the weight. Fill another pot, a same size pot, full of soil right out of your bag. When that plant, feels lighter than the pot with just the soil in it, its time to water. That will/Should happen in around 2-3, maybe even 4-5 days. Thats what you have to figure out. Your environment will determine this. I used to get so pissed off, because the guys here would tell me not to worry about how much i water, but worry about how often i water. I didnt believe them. My plants kept dying no matter how long i waited, or how much i watered. But i can now tell you, they are right. When you get your plant on a wet/dry cycle, it will start to react better. Im not saying go dump 5 gallons on a 1 gallon pot, as stated above, i try to stick to the 1/4 of the pot in water volume, but thats always different for everyone. But dont worry about how much you water, as much. Just make sure shes light, make sure its been a couple days, and make sure its consistent. I got my girls drinking every 3 days and damn im loving this. But my environment makes that happen.

Not all is lost. This plant is just pissed because shes drinking to much. Dont worry, let her sit.
By the way, i ordered 55 seeds until i got one back into flower after my first harvest. Keep that in mind.

I am using a meizhi 900w currently in my 4x4 flower tent, and im using a meizhi 450w in my veg tent, i need light upgrades to fit my space properly. There are better people around here for lighting if youre looking to upgrade. I just dont want to give you bad information as im still learning all this myself.

What i have picked up from the experienced members here at THCFarmer is that quantum boards seem to be the way to go. Ive been suggested KingBrite Quantum board lights and thats what i plan to upgrade to.

You just watered her till run off this morning for me, my time would be 1/22/20. That means on 1/24-1/25/20 its time to check the pots and see how they feel. and see if they feel lighter than the pot you filled with just soil from your bag. for right now, we just sit and watch her recover. She may not even fully recover. I have a couple plants that the new growth looks good, but the old growth cant recover.

Last edited:
HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

You guys can save a lot of headache, if you start them in smaller containers.

Starting smaller pots has advantages imo, they dry out faster and are more forgiving. Small plants being wet to long have issues.

Try starting in solo cups for the first bit next time. Then take an empty cup fill your pot around the cup. And gently place your gloriously rooted baby in. They will take a few days to dig deep then explode.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Try starting in solo cups for the first bit next time. Then take an empty cup fill your pot around the cup. And gently place your gloriously rooted baby in. They will take a few days to dig deep then explode.

I myself will take this advice too, thanks @HeLLfiReZ
Like i keep stating im still learning too.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i have found when growing in a FFOF, promix or any medium of that type. is to wet mix the medium with a light veg nute solution. so your medium is evenly moist. plant your plant in the moist medium then gently water threw. feel the weight of the pot at that point. the next time i would water is when the pots are light in weight and i would water right threw.

HighestCut

HighestCut

You guys can save a lot of headache, if you start them in smaller containers.

Starting smaller pots has advantages imo, they dry out faster and are more forgiving. Small plants being wet to long have issues.

I will def start with smaller pots and more gradual increase on next grow :)

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I typically germinate in 1.5" rockwool, I like the 1 gallon square plastic pots for veg, but typically drill them out quite a bit to promote air pruining, feel the plastic containers make transplanting easier when I move on to 3gal fabric for flowering.

CosmoGrows makes some good points, as watering evenly is something over looked by the novice grower, and applies both to soil and coco.

Groweedeasy.com turned me on to transfer pumps you can find on Amazon somewhat cheap. Can't believe I didn't think of it before, another tool to make life easier. Here's my watering rig...

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I typically germinate in 1.5" rockwool, I like the 1 gallon square plastic pots for veg, but typically drill them out quite a bit to promote air pruining, feel the plastic containers make transplanting easier when I move on to 3gal fabric for flowering.

CosmoGrows makes some good points, as watering evenly is something over looked by the novice grower, and applies both to soil and coco.

Groweedeasy.com turned me on to transfer pumps you can find on Amazon somewhat cheap. Can't believe I didn't think of it before, another tool to make life easier. Here's my watering rig...View attachment 932537
Woah woah good shit! ill be checking that out. Its a transfer pump? I like that idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom