Highest Cut First Grow

• Thread starter HighestCut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Yep, typically sold as a fuel transfer pump. Mine has all the bells and whistles, haha. Adjustable flow, a nice little flow stop handle, and runs on two D batteries.

I'd make sure to buy one with 30"+ hose, some of the cheaper models only give you 19" of extension. The model I use has a 39" hose and I have no problems getting to my ladies in my 3x9 tents.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I prefer 10% run off, coco is my medium though, I handle my run off w/ low rise flood tables and a shop vac.
20200121 171614

HighestCut

HighestCut

I think she may be dead :(

no new growth since drooping, almost seeing no change in her whatsoever

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
You probably wont see any newer changes until next watering, probably even after. The overwater will stunt her growth, typically temporary. She might not going to look good for a couple waterings now. Youre going to have a couple other issues arise most likely such as purple stems, spotty happy growth. Let her ride, shes drinking alot right now, more than she could handle.

Figuring out how you have to personally water your plants may be a rollercoaster of a ride. It was a HELL of a ride for me, and still is. Dont be discouraged, i would stock up on seeds, and be ready to go through a couple. Im pumped to have TWO PLANTS in flower, after drowning 55 seeds from overwatering. Trust me, welcome to the Weed Growing Initiation. This is how you get started. Atleast, in my opinion.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
IMG 20191230 224955 0 1

Item 10 above
This is item 9.

IMG 20200101 200021 8
Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
IMG 20200118 191947 6 1

There is ITEM 9 right infront of you, in flower.

My point, Not all is lost until the plant is brown-dead.
Once again, i learned this from the members here. Do not throw away project plants, like i did all the time.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Let them dry out real good until the pot is light, and looks dry on top.
hey @HeLLfiReZ these plants im posting are just my plants from the past, examples of what overwatering does and what it looks like. I just got out of the issues hes having, i feel like i have some decent examples now xD

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

hey @HeLLfiReZ these plants im posting are just my plants from the past, examples of what overwatering does and what it looks like. I just got out of the issues hes having, i feel like i have some decent examples now xD
Just noticed that, silly me.

HighestCut

HighestCut

She has new growth!!! This was from the second topping (following LBH’s famous SCRoG tutorial)

Should I add any nutes? Are the purple stems from nut deficiency?

5EE9A887 3735 458C 910A 067BA4B20159
7EC75211 FF96 4DC2 81E0 BB2C9857594E

1A0E4DA7 9E89 4572 B1CE 7AF65A00AFD7
DD20E4D8 F932 44CF 913C 34677CA9054C
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Youre stems are going to purple. If you can grow a plant without purple stems, then youre a god to me. Im sure some of the guys around here have figured that out, but i havent. Dont worry about the stems. it tends to happen to me when i overwater.

Her top soil is looking dry. Try lifting her pot today, and see the weight.

Fill another pot of the same size with soil out of your bag.

If your plants pot is lighter, and when you place your finger down in the soil about 1 inch and its dry.
Shes ready for some more water.
(I dont like the finger method, i just use it as a backup, i also used moisture meters, but, i havent used those since i got over my watering hump)

Youre about a month in(sprout dec 23, todays the 24th), the FFOF runs hot, and is usually good on food for about a month or so, in my experience with these past plants, ive been able to go about a week longer. I would pass up on the nutrients for your next water. But there is probably a more experienced person out there who can comment on that. I am still a new grower myself(Second time being in flower), im only passing along info i just learned too. So i dont want to comment to much on the nutrients. @HeLLfiReZ maybe you can help him out with that road?
If you do attempt nutrients, start out smaller than small could even get. lol. I do know that.

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

I believe he is useing a supplemented soil. I wouldn't add anything just yet. If not just maybe 1/3 str nutes.Make sure it dries out good, then just a light water. Enough to add a bit of weight in the pot. If i had to say an amount it would be around a litre.

I do drain to waste atm. Never have i watered a fresh transplant to dripping out. I start with weak nutes first few waters. I only start with a real light watering. Just enough you can feel the pot gain a bit of weight. Increasing when it dries out each time. Usually by 3rd its flush time.

You can tell by how fast they are drinking it after a while, and judge when they are ready to handle a fully saturated medium.

HighestCut

HighestCut

The pot was dry Sunday morning, as light as dry soil next to it, so have it a watering. Used 1/2 gallon of water in a 3 gal fabric pot. There was minimal run off. Used tap water that has been through a water softener, pH is 7.2 and ppm was 190

plant is growing again and looking healthier. Should I add nutes for the next watering?

585A2FF3 BC87 40FA 808C E3F8AF8D92C1
A826C6E7 1B69 4C94 AE7C E8627BA1D6BD
D686CFED 8445 4C0C 8689 9604F2C92913

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

The pot was dry Sunday morning, as light as dry soil next to it, so have it a watering. Used 1/2 gallon of water in a 3 gal fabric pot. There was minimal run off. Used tap water that has been through a water softener, pH is 7.2 and ppm was 190

plant is growing again and looking healthier. Should I add nutes for the next watering?

View attachment 934511View attachment 934512View attachment 934513
Yes maybe 1/2 strength. On the next water and at a lower ph. Around 6.2, damage might be done now but time will tell.

HighestCut

HighestCut

I watered last night and I think I waited too long again... she was a little droopy and crispy :(

I did add half strength nutes,N-P-K = 19-5-20

Used ro water that was 20 PPM to start, added nutes to 410 PPM

pH was 7 and I dialed it down to 5.8

the leaves are looking more and more damaged :( I will water a little sooner from here on out

344093FD 64AF 4263 9987 4C248BD73A60
003D0988 B3C3 4A3A ACBF 44761DF462C9
8079BFCF 7271 4AB1 92CD 33E8D270B101

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What is your medium?

Edit: when I was looking for your medium I saw that I had told you back on page one that it was too dry, still is..

I would recommend watering it more consistently for best results, good luck!

Last edited:
HighestCut

HighestCut

What is your medium?

Edit: when I was looking for your medium I saw that I had told you back on page one that it was too dry, still is..

I would recommend watering it more consistently for best results, good luck!

I will get better with the watering. It is my first grow and I was afraid of over watering.

I just watered Sunday, then watered wednesday when the pot was light. Going to do it just a hair bit more frequently now.

p.s. what’s up with those leaves? Just from underwatering? Or some light burn too?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I watered last night and I think I waited too long again... she was a little droopy and crispy :(

I did add half strength nutes,N-P-K = 19-5-20

Used ro water that was 20 PPM to start, added nutes to 410 PPM

pH was 7 and I dialed it down to 5.8

the leaves are looking more and more damaged :( I will water a little sooner from here on out

View attachment 935840View attachment 935841View attachment 935842
I didn't mean that as a wiseass I just reiterated what I said back on page one

I've just started using 5 gallon grow bags, up until now I've been using plastic pots

and I'll tell you the bags are difficult to judge!? I've been standing there looking at em' saying WTF to myself if I'm honest LOL

Tell you what I'm going to do about it; When the lights come on tonight I'm going to water the hell out of it until I get run off

and then I'll know when it's fully watered, and I will also know when it needs watering again from that point on

I'll post about it in 'the beach house' in grow Diaries if you want to see what I'm going to do, maybe it will help you figure it out as well?! Best of luck

Top Bottom