highland mex. x blueberry

• Thread starter green goose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Post them up here highlander.

PoopyCoopy those plants have their fair share of frost.

H

Highlanderscave

Thanks Tabor, I'll take some new pics and give it another go in a day or so.

Take care brother!

R

RedRum66

High, i'm new around here and have been trying to post this elsewhere but have had no luck and saw some other bs so i cam here to share this with you guys:

Breeder: Chimera

Lineage if known: Mexican HIghland x Blueberry sativa. I believe its a early 70s Michocan stock crossed with a purple thai leaning male.

Type (sativa/indica ratio): Mostly Sativa if not pure

Females tested: 1

Variation: Pretty uniform ended up with 4 males to 1 female, the males look very similar to each other except the flower times one is early like 10 days the other later like 14-16

Indoor flower period: 10-11weeks, the pheno i have starts flowering early was done around 70 days first cycle. I suspect its good anywhere from 70-80 days ideally.

Outdoor harvest time:

Plant Size/Structure: Tall typical mexican sativa, Huge fan leaves but and very brancy, but has the ability to fill in nicely and grow long slender colas. But flowered at a few inches tall plants will stretch to 3 feet easy.

Ease of Growing (1 = hard 10 = easy) 5, was a real pleasure to grow actually but requires a proper feeding scheduale and looks like it throws a few male flowers about 9 weeks into flower. Will require some future planning and proper timing inthe future but i don't think its really an issue and is something i will deal with if i have to

Ease of Cloning (1 = hard 10 = easy) 9, roots quick and easy

Odor Level medium

GROW Method: dirt

EYE APPEAL

Density Big ole Fluffy 95% pure look sativa spears. You could probably pull individual calyxes off if you wanted to. nice resin coverage. I see a resemblance to high quality modern mexi spears in the looks of the buds but those are few and far between.

Aroma. Buds are not overwhelmingingly strong but break it up and it smells very citrusy with overtones of blueberry. Quite an intoxicating aroma.

COMMENTS: Rolls real well, dry hits are more berry or almost guava tasting.

SMOKE REPORT

Potency: Just about right. Very mellow and relaxed, strong and long lasting but not indica type of heavy but its a tad bit dopey i suppose. I let my girl vapo same and she looked ripped, she doesnt smoke/vapo much but was noticibley impressed and 30 mins later, was like i felt like i took a xanax. She was noticble stoned with blood shot and watery eyes and you could tell was on mexican time.

Taste Still not cured but very tasty, i know taste the blueberry, not as strong as the bb indica from the late 90s (that was more a bb muffin smell) this is more tropical and earthy

Smoothness (1 = harsh 10 = smooth) 8.5 will get better with a cure but extremly smooth no major lung expansion, but the type of stuff i wish i was smoking on the beach with my toes in the hot sand.

Indica Influence slight?

Sativa Influence 95%

Effect Onset (1 = immediate 10 = super creeper) 3 or 4 you feel it quick but it continues to rise. 20 mins after smoking i fell very psychedelic, almost have tracers of colors in my vision but noticeable extremely high feeling in my head. Like im floating.

Duration (In hours) 3-4hrs

Tolerance Buildup (1 = slow 10 = fast) 2-3

Overall Satisfaction extremely pleased, maybe a little tricky to grow in the closet but well worth it, if this is what the famed sativas of the late 60s and 70s where all about then those might have been the best tropical outdoor buds ever known to man. Around here you don't see stuff like this to often. Hazes are around but those are another class of high. I hope to be able to have a jar of this stuff around for a long time.

High Description: well im sitting here in below freezing temperatures on my porch smoking a blunt and i can almost imagine im sitting on the beach in the Yucatan with not a care to the world. Noticeable more relaxed mood and better overall general state of mind. I FEEEL GOOD.

Smell: the room its being burnt in smells amazing.

Taste: extremely well suited for a tobacco leaf, the combo of the leaf and the sativa expression of the bud makes for an incredible smooth and tasty smoke, I taste a lot of tropical fruit maybe a hint or two of sandlewood in the after taste but the smoke in your mouth is more fruity.

Medical Effects: Seems like it would be good for anxiety and depression. I don't know how well it would be for pain and neurological issues. But i feel its more of a mood enhancer then a narcotic stone.

Medicinal Strength 8?

COMMENTS: i wish i had a greenhouse or lived farther south i would love to see this outside in its natural glory. May not be well suited for most indoor growers except those with a sativa passion. but well worth the effort for any true cannabis lover.

KEEPER?
YES

FINAL COMMENTS:
A treat to say the least. Looks like Mexican but has a lot more tropical flavor then your typical mex. Need to figure this girl out but she's sticking around for a bit

That looks like a fantastic plant!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Bumping this in hopes of Chimera commenting. Plus I have seedling pics of the Blueberry Banditos seedlings.

There were some really, really good mexican weed around back in the day. There was some crappy mexican too but there was some mexican pot that was as good as anything out there.

In your description .... Highland Mexican - The mexican used was indeed a stellar highland guerreran specimen selected from a true mexican circa '73 (if memory serves) landrace population -Chimera

If you remember was it the Green Spears or the Lebanese Upper Mountain (LUM)? What do you remember the high was like of the 73 that made it stellar?

When you did this cross what was your goal. Were you trying to add blueberry flavor to the mexican. Just trying to cut down the flower time of the mexican? Did you think Blueberry would up the potency of the mexican or the mexican would increase the potency of Blueberry. Upping the yield of Blueberry? And did you find what you were looking for when you grew out the cross?

Thanks for stopping by in these threads. I look forward to seeing you stop by my thread when I start it.

Long live the Blueberry Banditos!!

I just gave them their first feeding yesterday. They look rather stable and have similar features. Some are taller but all in all you can tell they are siblings.

DSCN1152
DSCN1153
DSCN1154
DSCN1155
DSCN1156
DSCN1157
P

PoopyCoopy

looking great!
I noticed mine where pretty uniform looking to the eye similar to yours.
I just chopped 2 more today. I really do love this stuff the more i get to smoke it, and it leaves the room smelling oh so good after its burnt.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

hell yeah T8 those baybeeees looking nice they defently remind me of the mexican buds for sure ohhhh weeee cant wait for them girls to get big

C

chappie

I've been waiting for some other stuff from Chimera to show up before placing an order, but I had to buckle and grab some of these today before they were gone for good. Not sure when I will get to them, sometime this year I hope... can't wait and wish I could kick everything else out of my bloom room right now to make room!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks BayBee! Nice pick up Chappie. Nice strain to have in the vault for a rainy day.

C

chappie

Tobor - How are you going to sex these? Clone them all and then sex the donors? Clone them all and sex the clones, or ____________ ?

I am thinking about growing some outside (greenhouse) to get "mature" (5 feet?), take clones of those, and bring them inside to sex.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I gave them all a number then I topped them. I put the cut tops in peat pucks soaked in 200 ppm flowering ferts and misted them all with the same solution. Then into a humidity dome and under 12/12 light. I am hoping they flower just like when I stick them in water and do it. This way, in 12 days or so, I will absolutely know which ones are male and which ones are female instead of maybe not knowing for another 3 to 5 weeks. I never get things to presex in 6 weeks like some people. It seems mine always take 9, 10 and 11 weeks. I had good luck with just water and 12/12 but the stems curl up and get difficult to keep in water right.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Good Idea Tobor

I don't remember the last time a plant showed me its gender on its own. I am kidding, but the majority of the plants are on the 11-12 week plan on showing their sex as Tobor stated. I like the idea of taking the tops and sexing them. Hopefully in about 2 weeks you'll know who's who. I always take cuttings early, but I put them under 24 hrs light to keep them in veg.. I could take 1 cutting of each plant and put them under 12 hrs, while growing the rest under 24 hrs.. I've thought about doing this for years just never did, hopefully this works like a charm. This technique would especially be beneficial when growing sativas, get them into bud before they're monsters. Will be paying attention to your results, I've also got a pack of these and the dolce sativa waiting their turn

mal

420king-MASSES

nice plants tober strong and healthy this is gonna be an excellent thread my brotha im also interested on how sexing the clones turns out its nice to see it done and see virtually same day results rather than reading about it in a mag [hehe] keep up the great work brotha

P

PoopyCoopy

a pic of my mom. I trimmed her like a week ago and she's already doubled in size again. Plans are in the works for a 30 foot greenhouse for the summer. :harvest:

Meximom
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Mal I am with you. I did a lot of aging waiting for seedlings to show sex. Some people probably can tell way before me though. I can make a guess but I like to see a real full on female or male flower before I go yanking stuff.

Poopy that thing is a veg monster waiting to explode.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Well tomorrow will be 12 days since I put the top cuts under 12/12. I didn't check them yesterday hoping if I didn't keep checking it would just happen. LOL! They are alive and in nice shape so I don't see why they wouldn't flower. They have in plain water before. It should be any day now that I figure out what is female and what is male.

I want to get these transplanted and take more clones off the females and flower them out. I will take the top two splits and clone them and then cut down to the bottom shoots and start scroging them down.

To me it doesn't matter at this point if they get a bit stretchy under the fluros because I am hacking them off, taking clones and will scrog the seed plants. I just want to know which ones to transplant. The males I will keep separate for now and in small pots.

These pics were from yesterday. They were topped 12 days ago.

Week5a
Week5b
Week5c
Week5d
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Today the seedlings are 8 weeks old. They haven't shown any preflowers and they don't have alternating leaves yet. The tops I took from them and stuck under 12/12 in peat pucks all rooted and have grown a bit and look great. I don't know why but they haven't shown sex either and they have been under 12/12 for 24 days. WTF!!!

When I do this with cuts in water, they root faster and flower in 12-14 days but they suffer more and don't look as healthy. But they still flowered. These look great, busting healthy roots everywhere and starting to get taller. There are some bumps at some nodes here and there so hopefully they will flower soon. If the clones show soon and the seedlings don't show for a few more weeks it will still have saved some time but this is getting ridiculous.

Sorry for the hold up in this thread but I can't move forward until things are sexed.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Tobor, I sent you a pm..I hope i save you some time next time you do this! Lol..Looking great! Feel free to send me a message if you do not fully understand my pm to you. Excited to see these growing! Please do a smoke report! I believe these to be real gems! I remember smoking the type buds the Mexican came out of..that high made my forehead sweat! Thank you for growing them and showing them! monkey5

C

chappie

monkey5, I would like to know what your advice for sexing this plant would be. I have some I will grow out this year and would love any words. I can't PM here since I am a noob.

P

PoopyCoopy

T i would flower your rooted clones for sex. I recall even my mom not having that many preflowers on it now its a 8 months old. Those clones are going to get huge, so don't over veg them or your gonna be in the mexi bush. But from my experience i would flower the clones not the seeds.

oh i should also mention that i have mine under an 11/13 cycle. They seem to really like and start flowering pretty fast and finish up on the other end quick too.

but looking great can't wait to see some buds!

Top Bottom