highland mex. x blueberry

• Thread starter green goose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I think 11/13 would have helped poopy. When I flower them I am going to scrog them hard and make them go where I want them to go.

I actually have the clones starting to show sex. I can see it is happening. I will know all about them soon.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Well all the cuts I took to sex them finally did show. They slowly did it and all the cuts rooted while under 12/12 in peat pucks. I didn't get the best male to female ratio as I got 2 females out of 8 seedlings of my Highland Mex x Blueberry. Luck of the draw because my own cross of The White x Original Haze had 4 females out of 6 seedlings.

I am finally going to up-pot the original seedling females today and veg them for a bit until I get some clones going from them. Same with my cross. They should make good side by side stable mates as far as growth and flowering times since they are both Indica/sativa crosses.

Waiting for these to sex had me jammed up but now I can move forward, The original seedlings still have not shown any preflowers so even though it still took awhile taking the cuts and flowering them still saved time. But it took them over 5 weeks. I don't know why it took that long. The last time I did this just in water and it took roughly 2 weeks to be over.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Well here are the two females. I transplanted them and then chopped them down. I like to get those little bottom shoots to grow and use them to lst or scrog if I can otherwise I just get them as even as I can and aim for 4 tops or so.

Now I will let them veg in the new pots until I can get some cuts of each one then up-pot them again and flower them.

This thread might speed up a little now. LOL!

DSCN1318
DSCN1319
DSCN1320
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
6 weeks

Holy crap, hope thats strain specific. I'll be watching Tobor, hope all goes well. These are the first seeds I purchased at the farm, how'd they drop on my to grow list? Wishing you great luck

mal

p.s. I'll take those cuts(HaHa)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I think it was because the cuts were from immature plants, then they rooted and hung out in limbo forever. I think when mature, well rooted and vegged plants are put into 12/12 they will be quicker to trigger.

The original seedlings have never preflowered so I did save time. LOL!

C

chappie

Great to hear that they root well. I am planning to run some of these outdoors this summer just to generate cuts for indoor flowering. Seems like in this climate (pacnw) they should have no trouble growing to huge vegetative parent plants, even though they won't finish outside. If I can scrape all the spidermites off of them (everything gets them outdoors here - though they remain in check) it should be a good way to go.

P

Pat McGroin

This has been an interesting read and thanks to all who've posted thus far.

P

PoopyCoopy

how's it coming t8?

my mother plant was just getting too unruly so i decided to flower it.
I also found a handful of seeds in a bud and have 3 sprouts.

Mexi mom
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Welcome to the thread and to the farm Pat.

Chappie I have done that very thing many times. I know whatever strain I am going to use has no chance of finishing but they have plenty of time to reveal sex. That way you don't have a bunch of seedlings taking up space while they veg and sex. Then you have female clones for winter projects.

I also do what you are talking about. I put a female out that I want to do a big run of inside. It takes a bunch of plants and rooting rounds to get 100 cuts for yourself or friends. But you can put one outside and come August you can get hundreds of cuts off of an 8 foot plant. If it can finish it can still do it and if it can't finsih it doesn't matter because you have as many clones as you need from it.

When you bring in fresh cuts wrap the cut ends in wet paper towels. Then put them all together in a gallon zip lock plastic bag. Before you do spray them with Forbid or Floramite first. Then put them in the bag. I then stick a No Pest strip in the bag too. I let it stay at room temp for an hour so the No Pest strip can vape better. Then I put it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Bugs be dead. I have had good luck with this method.

Just take them out of the fridge and stick them in some water for a bit and clone as you usually do.

LOL poopy. That plant is a mad vegging monster. I got two of them. LOL! I have been hacking away at them taking cuts while I developed the root system. Since my last pics 3 weeks ago they have been growing in the white pots. I have taken quite a few cuts along the way. I just threw some away because I had 10 rooted from each one.

So after I transplanted (last pics) I vegged them for 2 solid weeks. Then I introduced them to 12/12 on national Pi day 3/14. They have been under 12/12 for 5 days now. They did start to stretch a bit already. Today I watered them with Bud Blood 2 grams in 1 gallon of water.

So as long as it took I finally have these Blueberry Banditos flowering. OMG it takes a long time getting from seed to flower while making clones. But if you keep busy with other strains at different stages it doesn't matter.

So here they are today on their 5th day of 12/12. The 2 females I got. I think I am just going to supercrop them where I want them to go.

DSCN1350
DSCN1351
DSCN1352
DSCN1353
ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Beautiful girls T, especially diggin the structure, I c ur a smart guy "Pi Day", had to think on that for 2.3 sec's b4 the ol' light bulb flick'rd, Ur a great asset to the Farm bro, I couldn't have got'n as far as I have w/o ya, Peace SSP

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Thanks Shiva! Look at you now though. You did get this far and now you help guide people.

P

primeform

wow this is an awsome strain. very unique. it even grows like a crazy mexi strain

C

chappie

Thanks for the details on your outdoor-to-indoor approach! Very good to know. I did that last year but skipped the no-pest strips and did end up with some mites. The room is clean now... and I want to keep it that way. I'm actually more psyched to get some pollen from these than female flowers, though I won't mind seeing what those are about, either.

I'll try to remember to post as I get them going this summer and then bring them indoors for flowering around August or so.

P

PoopyCoopy

those things look like they are about to take off T.
Mine seem to stop stretching about 23-24 days in.

chappie don't doubt those females, easily on top of my list for favorite smokes, can't seem to keep enough of it around.

P

PoopyCoopy

i can see the tree's in the forest.
This things gotta be at least 4 foot tall now. :character0025:
i hit some up with my indica looking nevile's mango haze male.
And also have a few sprouts now almost decent seedling size from a few seeds i found in a bud that went hermie.

i've noticed i think with too much nutrients that it will throw a few male flowers very late into flower, about 55-60 days. If your mono-cropping it doesn't seem to be an issue, but i've set up a finishing room just to be safe.

oh and old people around here, seem to have only remeber bad seeded Colombian, and don't believe that this is classic mexi, "Well The A. Gold was superb in like 71, but I never smoked anything this good in the 70s"

mine and everyone else's compliments to the chef :cake

Mexi tree
bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
Poopy

damn brother

That plants looks SIC much respect ,I will be posted

1luvbigherb

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is a wild beast you got there poopy. It is looking just like mine as far as growth. I flowered out the seed plant and have rooted clones for the next run if I like the smoke. I have 2 females. They are on day 30 of flowering today. I took these pics this morning. I popped these seeds around first week of December 2010 so I have been at this grow for 4 months plus a week or so.

I didn't do any traing because I wanted to see what they did. Well they doubled in height in like 10 days. So I just topped the tallest colas and evened out the canopy. Well they freaking doubled again so I topped them all at 21 days so they were now double the original height at about 3 feet. These babies would be at least 6 feet tall right now and maybe 7-8.

I also cut out all that bottom bush along the way. The stems feel real strong but I will probably have to stake them soon. They really only starting forming buds about a week ago.

It took a long, long time to get through germinating, finding the females and vegging, then taking cuts and rooting clones to get to this 30 day flowering point in time. WHEW!! But I did do it. It is all downhill from here.

Wk4flower
Wk4flower2
Wk4flower3
Wk4flower4
C

chappie

How hard were these to root? How old from seed was it when you took the cuttings? And will you plan to keep it in that (1.5gal?) container all the way through flower?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I didn't take cuttings until they were all sexed and that took like 12 weeks or so. They were the fastest rooters I had and I have some fast rooters too.

I am going to keep it in the same container all the way through. I wasn't looking for yield. I just want to see how it grew and evaluate the smoke to see if it is worth growing a bunch of it.

I would most likely do the clones in 5 gallon buckets.

P

PoopyCoopy

Looking awesome man.
They seem to take a bit of feed, i would keep the N down, but a dose of some heavy big bud now will make them fill in quite nicely.

My clones root real quick, but avg 7-10 days in plugs with daily mistings.

From my experience they seem to do pretty good in smaller containers, almost growing them SOG style (albiet 2.5 foot tall plants with 14" colas or so)

From what i have seen, most of these girls look pretty similar, i'm sure you will love the smoke.

A bunch of positives, they root real quick and seem to flower real quick, which means they have a def 10-11 week flowering time.

Stretch can be an issue, but just keep plants small when you flower them.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what you think.

Mexia50b
Top Bottom