highland mex. x blueberry

• Thread starter green goose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chappie

Only 2 of my 10 pack of MHxBB have popped! I'm pretty bummed, but maybe its the universe's way of telling me I am not ready for them. I soaked 24 hours per Chimera's advice, and then planted into cups. Its been 9 days... so possibly they will still come up, but this is pretty disappointing.

I'm actually hoping one of them will be male, since its the crossing that is more interesting to me.

I'll post here as they grow.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Mist them and cover the cup with plastic wrap. Some of mine took a couple weeks to pop out of the soil. A few popped out right away, a few were after a week and 4 of them took 2 weeks. I think one didn't pop.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
When My Seeds Won't Pop

I add a little H2O2- hydrogen peroxide to the water I give them. I might add 25% of a 3% solution and often this stirs the problem seed into action. But Tobor is the voice of reason on these seeds having grown them, my pack is still unopened

mal

M

mickeyspliff

Tobor, do you have a smoke report somewhere? I'm thinking about growing this one and wondered if it was a keeper for you.

C

chappie

In the end I had 3 come up... 2 males and a female. The female did valiantly in my greenhouse @ the 45th. She succumbed to mold only in mid-december. I harvested early in October (except for the one branch I allowed to go to the bitter end). Its under-ripe, but has a heavenly perfume and smokes quite nicely. Its not remarkably potent, but plenty decent. The silver lining is that I took a cutting from this female, and flowered it indoors. Its still not quite done, but looking great. It did not stretch nearly as much as I had been braced for. In fact, hardly at all. I used low-end "organic" soil from the garden center, and have not fed much. That could be part of the lack of growth. There is a grape or sastuma sized nugget at each of the 5 or so nodes. The smell is ridiculous - perhaps the finest I have ever encountered. They are turning purple and the calyxes are getting huge, but the heads are almost all clear so I am waiting a bit longer. I am terrible at the sodium photography so will hold off on pis until harvest day.

This has been a great adventure - I seeded some Flo with the male pollen, and this one should have some of the male pollen as well. I will also try to reveg this one and do a round of several of the plants, in better soil.

Thanks for releasing these, Chimera!

Top Bottom