Highly Purified D9 Thc

• Thread starter EugeneOregon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Highly purified d9 thc
This is fresh off the cold finger out of deep vacuum. When exposed to air it turns red pretty fast so it is stored in a vacuum chamber. Starting compound was dark crude. This is high refinement and is a purity approaching absolute.

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Absolutely beautiful.
Thank you! Here is a google link to a vid I did on this end product. I used the SLO-MO mode on my new iPad and focused in on the stir bar. It starts and stops at normal speed but is way slow in between. So a 30 seconds or so of video gets stretched to do this with a high speed shutter. Check out the awesome swirl wake the stir bar is introducing to the surface of the boiling puddle.

These new iPads are something else. The link shows one of the runs in my sublimation apparatus pressed into service as an evaporative deposition device. The ultimate short path device . When up to temp and first fraction trace removed from cold finger then ice is added to the inner cold finger which then catches the compound.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JeIywGw-X3IraO3EaQcQ1-sOtNAARCxx

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Is the instability surfical?
If so, I wonder if an inert gas might arrest decomposition.
The red will appear within less than an hour as a sort of random film at the surface. I believe it to be CBN. This begins to disolve into the THC slowly. Under vacuum the red comes on almost imperceptibly but throughout the compound as a whole. It is a very slow change under vacuum though and takes weeks to notice with a trained eye.

Inert gas or anything to keep oxygen from contacting the THC will nearly halt this. I suspect freezing temps in addition to vacuum will halt it altogether and my small vac chamber fits easily into my freezer. That is my next test is to keep two samples under vacuum but one frozen and one not. See if any differences pop up over a few weeks?

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Is the instability surfical?
If so, I wonder if an inert gas might arrest decomposition.
This is that sample but after it was in the vac chamber for a while. Air bubbles got trapped when it was put into the Petri dish.

I just pulled it out now to dab and noticed that a big bubble that was there before had popped and was gone. In its place is a red ring of the red that appears when THC is in contact with the air. I believe it to be CBN.
9CE76370 F963 4035 BADB 52781229446A
That ring is centered in this photo over the upper left green corner of the silicon mat. It even makes a faint shadow on the work bench. This is just since late yesterday.

Just the air in trapped bubbles will change this stuff. I have a bell chamber vacuum chamber and will do a better purge next time because it pulls down way deeper.

Top Bottom