His And Her 1st Ever Coco Grow Top Fed Dtw 3kw

• Thread starter Nugteq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is your preferred method of irrigation for coco coir?

• Total voters
Nugteq

Nugteq

So back to first crop. Here is data for 4x8 table

Under 2 air cooled single ended bulbs hortilux @750w there are :
3 phenos of Strawberry Banana Sherbet
#2 our keeper 56 day frosty finisher 2.25 oz
#5 1.75 oz
#8 2.3 oz
2 Phenos of Taffie 3.75 oz combined
4 Phenos of Strawberry Fields for 9oz
3 Bubba Kush 5oz

23.3oz on a 4x8 @750w total of 1500W
1170 kilowatt hours used
652.4 total grams
Or .56 GPW
Or overall .73 Lbs per 750W
Or
These were our most non sick plants.
The others suffered from Root Aphids and total yield was lower and others had a lot of larf.

These plants were aprox 5 to 6wk veg life cycle except bubba kush which was supercropped
Inside 1.6g plastic pots
Handwatered for most of life until last 2 weeks
Mainlined and single topped lightly for approx 8 colas defoiliated lightly at wk 3 and fairly healthy throughout flower
Couple things hurt yields on these..
1. Not enough veg time
2. Irregular hand waterings
3. Unknown strain growth new everything
4. Too much experiments with making own fertilizers so way too many variables and tended to overdo it without really knowing what to expect
5. Varied plant canopys
6. Some burning of tops during early flower on more sativa dom
7. Couple days too many of wrong ph combined with too high ec on sativas and overly dry coco medium probably was enough to stunt and slow growth big time during final stagees of flowering

There it is. Id say the manifold and mainline plant training combined with coco by nature large forgiving yields is what allowed us an acceptable first harvest.

Pleasantly surprised as considering how much we messed up looking forward to hitting 2per every time

Share with me your success tips that got u to that veteran 2 per? How ? Details? Whats your ideal grow setup in your opinion? Ideas for maxing out yields next run?
More to come with bud shots last week and smoke reports

Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Bro, yes it's a very acceptable first harvest I think you did well also narrowed down the particulars by number to improve, you damn well got a good understanding of mixing mineral nutes and the stages to add and reduce elements, I have the knowledge to go that route but also lazy enough to appreciate the ease of a good line of bottled nutes.
I like how you concider your accountability to your grow it's a proper attitude a sign of a good grower. I see where guys refer to their crops short comings in terms to 'dial it in' I think thats more or less a cop out.
Advanced growers have the same issues that you had to deal with but maybe not as many at one time or are faster to address issued as experance teaches us, also growing multi strains is a tough gig man.

Props to you sir,
and hope you get some good tips from growers that hit those high yields so I can learn two.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Bro, yes it's a very acceptable first harvest I think you did well also narrowed down the particulars by number to improve, you damn well got a good understanding of mixing mineral nutes and the stages to add and reduce elements, I have the knowledge to go that route but also lazy enough to appreciate the ease of a good line of bottled nutes.
I like how you concider your accountability to your grow it's a proper attitude a sign of a good grower. I see where guys refer to their crops short comings in terms to 'dial it in' I think thats more or less a cop out.
Advanced growers have the same issues that you had to deal with but maybe not as many at one time or are faster to address issued as experance teaches us, also growing multi strains is a tough gig man.

Props to you sir,
and hope you get some good tips from growers that hit those high yields so I can learn two.
Thanks for that man. Cheers to you. Yes experience and responsiveness is so amazing when you dont have to "google" solution

Nugteq

Nugteq

Hey farmers im kind of all over the place with this thread but wanted to share few more pheno notes on Crockett Family Farms Strawberry Fields, Strawberry banana sherbet, and Taffie.
Winner of 3 was strawberry fields IMHO it had better yields, easier to grow, more stable and higherlevels of trichome production.

So im on 3rd run of pheno selection now.
I ran Taffie, Strawberry Fields and Strawberry Banana Sherbet

Out of those Strawberry hands down. Super stable high yields.

Banana had some.shit phenos but there was 1 that was wow...56 day tangie dom smell and flavor but banana sized nugs..excellent vigor.

Taffie is an all around winner with la affie and tangie its obviously a comnossoir grade bud. I got both phenos that listed on their #phenotypefarmers IG..they show u which phenos r keepers.
The one that purples in final weeks is perfumey sweet with beautiful dense buds finishes with a beautiful red hair layer all around it and very frosty and smell is wow.

Then there is the patchouli pheno. This IMO is the real winner and crockett pheno type farmers IG says this is there 2015 cup entry or winner not sure. But lots of lateral growth so vigorously grew that after 3 runs it has lapped other phenos twice meaning others are being harvested 2nd time its already in flower again for 4th. Stays very short and is a fast finishing like easily 60 day max. Smells like patchouli. Its amazing.

And strawberry is best tho overall for cash crop yieldsand jar appeal. High is amazing. Some phenos got that very bubblegum smell which is so strong during flowerin that it actually smells like you are chewing on pink bubblegum. .

2 main phenos
1 frosty lower yielder although marginal 10% lower avg yields more than compensated with extremely high% of concentrate return both BHO and Rosin via bubble hash. 2 frosty phenos 1 so frosty was lowest yielder. We chose the highest yielding frosty dom pheno. Which grew like a sativa stayed medium height..there are phenos of the high yielding pheno which id say are sub phenos. ..which stretch 2x length. Those are your highyielders. Shorter ones almost grow indica style very frosty. Still keeping 2nd highestyielder that stretched a lot but its the fastest vigorous strain lapping others as well like Taffie keeper. And it smells like citrus sweet bubblegum. 5 star genetics .

Had total of 6 females for strawberry by 2nd run with them with 3 narrowed down phenos got 1.6 lbs per 750w light.

3rd run will keep u updated. Strawberry fields been favorite to grow by far highly recommend for commercial applications. 65 to 69 day finish. Pics to come later too lazy rn

Dan789

Dan789

Well done first of all. Impressed with the general setup, conduit, pvc work with primer, kudos. Ingenious manifold setup, like that. Are you using any sealant on the valve connects to it? I am always impressed with the stalk/trunk sizes with hydro, huuuuuge.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Well done first of all. Impressed with the general setup, conduit, pvc work with primer, kudos. Ingenious manifold setup, like that. Are you using any sealant on the valve connects to it? I am always impressed with the stalk/trunk sizes with hydro, huuuuuge.
Thank you. Have this vision and something about patiently building and growing it seems to make for very happy lifestyles..for everyone.

Yes. Goop. Pvc version of goop. Run it hard with full pressure. Expose leaks. Goop and seal with time for a day. Fully hardens over time. No leaks ever again. Plumber friend recommended.

Yes hydro does seem to have huge rewards.

Youve grown crockett family farms genetics?

Dan789

Dan789

Not yet, several things re going through my head right now, hydro and Crockett farms genetics.

Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Not yet, several things re going through my head right now, hydro and Crockett farms genetics.
I've had my eye on their 'Tangie' for a few years but some of the strains Nug has grown and reviewed have got my attention also . . Damn I'm so full up on seeds I feel like a women with a shoe collection, of course they don't call their shoes a collection they say they 'need' them.

JMcG

JMcG

Are these the plants you mentioned in the other thread? If so , I can see why you were so bummed, looks like you put in a lot of hard work on those ladies!

Nugteq

Nugteq

Are these the plants you mentioned in the other thread? If so , I can see why you were so bummed, looks like you put in a lot of hard work on those ladies!
No actually we had RA during first run but not in plants we grew from seed like these.

On our 2nd and 3rd we had successfully eradicated root zone Root aphids with caps bennies and mallet 75 but we had a couple plants that we didnt use mallet on that were still in flower. We harvested those weeks later without any pesticides but caps tea.

Turns out they were suffering from RA flyers even tho RA root aphid crawlers were dead somehow flyers lived around these plants. Probably because RA flyers are already sexed when born as egg laying females....

Our hypothesis was that the RA flyer lays eggs and is able to survive in this manner without being able to survive in the plant rootzone like it likes too but outside near it.

Weeks later and lots of prevention technoques later..we were on 4th run but had 2 plants 2 wks from harvest still in room not sick never used pesticides on and we should have moved these plants somewhere else thinking back now lol...

We decided better safe than sorry. And rid entire area of all flyers by aerosol fumigation

GeorgeWKush4

GeorgeWKush4

what would you rate the strawberry banana sherbet? smell? taste? bag appeal? high?

what phenos did you find? how long did she go in flower? in your opinion is this strain more so meant for hash/concentrates?

Latest posts

Top Bottom