HLG Scorpion Diablo Remote Control

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xebediah

Xebediah

You're probably going to get more answers looking at the Mean Well LED driver datasheet that HLG and Spider Farmer both use. Here is an example:
https://led.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HLG-480H

Depending on the the part specified by the part number, it looks like you would be able to remotely control the dimming functions on a "DIY" setup using 1 of 3 options:
0-10VDC adjustable, 10VDC PWM signal, or potentiometer.

The RJ12 data port is likely to be more proprietary for use with industrial controllers (like this) that are used across large areas. Not really sure if it's used for on/off or just dimming.

My advice, if you want to remotely control or automate a dimming feature, would be to use the PWM function like your Arduino UNO or Raspberry Pi provides. However, you might need to use an external amplifier circuit since Arduino PWM output is likely only 5VDC (not sure what Raspberry Pi PWM output is). I'm sure you'll find plenty of example tutorials on PWM output control. Like this.

Personally, I wouldn't even waste time with dimming features and just hook it up to a smart plug and be done. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You're probably going to get more answers looking at the Mean Well LED driver datasheet that HLG and Spider Farmer both use. Here is an example:
https://led.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HLG-480H

Depending on the the part specified by the part number, it looks like you would be able to remotely control the dimming functions on a "DIY" setup using 1 of 3 options:
0-10VDC adjustable, 10VDC PWM signal, or potentiometer.

The RJ12 data port is likely to be more proprietary for use with industrial controllers (like this) that are used across large areas. Not really sure if it's used for on/off or just dimming.

My advice, if you want to remotely control or automate a dimming feature, would be to use the PWM function like your Arduino UNO or Raspberry Pi provides. However, you might need to use an external amplifier circuit since Arduino PWM output is likely only 5VDC (not sure what Raspberry Pi PWM output is). I'm sure you'll find plenty of example tutorials on PWM output control. Like this.

Personally, I wouldn't even waste time with dimming features and just hook it up to a smart plug and be done. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom