HLH BUCKETS

• Thread starter BNB420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tank333

Tank333

I've got God Bud I just dropped into the system (literally JUST dropped em in! The rez is flodding the buckets as I type this), then there's a bunch of purple urkel clones I'm gonna put in a small flood table and flower right away. And I have an Arora Indica seedling that's just putting out its first full set of leaves that will be the second full run (and probably the third and fourth unless I find something I like better! Lol). I just updated my grow log last night with a bunch of pics if you want to check it out...

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

hey bnb420, great first grow!!
are those ten gallon coolers(igloo, rubbermaid, etc?)and if so what did you use as a bulkhead or did a uniseal work?
any pictures of the build out.?

L

larebowm

wish my first grow looked so good..
what are you using for you ten gallon buckets?

BNB420

BNB420

I've got God Bud I just dropped into the system (literally JUST dropped em in! The rez is flodding the buckets as I type this), then there's a bunch of purple urkel clones I'm gonna put in a small flood table and flower right away. And I have an Arora Indica seedling that's just putting out its first full set of leaves that will be the second full run (and probably the third and fourth unless I find something I like better! Lol). I just updated my grow log last night with a bunch of pics if you want to check it out...
Have you tried the God Bud before? Friend of mine didn't have great results at all but we think the source of the seed may have been questionable. Never actually seen it yet! Will sure check out your grow.Best of luck.

BNB420

BNB420

hey bnb420, great first grow!!
are those ten gallon coolers(igloo, rubbermaid, etc?)and if so what did you use as a bulkhead or did a uniseal work?
any pictures of the build out.?
Thanks Chronic Monster. Getting more and more nervous by the day! lol. Yes they are 10 gallons. Were bought from my local supermarket for the equivalent of around $3 each. The seals were basic blue male/female plumbing connectors bough for around $1 each. I think the whole system cost around $75 to build.Sorry I didn't take any pics of the build. I was too keen to get it up and running!!

BNB420

BNB420

wish my first grow looked so good..
what are you using for you ten gallon buckets?
Thanks.I hope it's not a case of beginners luck! The buckets were bought at my local supermarket for around $3 each.

Tank333

Tank333

Have you tried the God Bud before? Friend of mine didn't have great results at all but we think the source of the seed may have been questionable. Never actually seen it yet! Will sure check out your grow.Best of luck.
Nope. Never tried it. I've seen a friend do a log online and he had awesome results. Not 100% sure on genetics though. We were impatient and picked up a couple girls off craigslist, and that's notoriously unreliable. Lol

I'm hoping for the best though. Its all about how you do what you do...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Having built a few of these sorts of systems myself, I'm impressed! You kept it simple and robust, I like the maximum use of low wattage lighting, you may want to speed your bus out a bit to take advantage of the area right under the hoods, as it looks like the floor is too bright there. ;)

I'll be subbed for the rest of the show!

I'm with @Chronic Monster about the deets on your buildout- after the harvey, you'll have to do a bit of show n tell!

One thing I hope does not cause you grief, that's the bare wood floor. Spills aren't a big problem, but a flood will be. At reload time, definitely get plastic dropcloth, 3 mils or more thick, and make a bathtub in your space by folding it at the corners and taking it several inches up the walls. Sooner or later, you will thank me for this advice...

BNB420

BNB420

Nope. Never tried it. I've seen a friend do a log online and he had awesome results. Not 100% sure on genetics though. We were impatient and picked up a couple girls off craigslist, and that's notoriously unreliable. Lol

I'm hoping for the best though. Its all about how you do what you do...
ABSOLUTELY. Hope those girls come good for you.I am yet to see the God bud and look forward to doing so.Shall be watching.

BNB420

BNB420

Having built a few of these sorts of systems myself, I'm impressed! You kept it simple and robust, I like the maximum use of low wattage lighting, you may want to speed your bus out a bit to take advantage of the area right under the hoods, as it looks like the floor is too bright there. ;)

I'll be subbed for the rest of the show!

I'm with @Chronic Monster about the deets on your buildout- after the harvey, you'll have to do a bit of show n tell!

One thing I hope does not cause you grief, that's the bare wood floor. Spills aren't a big problem, but a flood will be. At reload time, definitely get plastic dropcloth, 3 mils or more thick, and make a bathtub in your space by folding it at the corners and taking it several inches up the walls. Sooner or later, you will thank me for this advice...

Thank you ttystikk. As much as i would like to take the credit for building it i can't. My friend Asma has been using similar DIY system for sometime and he was really the one who came up with this.I was just a labourer! He's not the biggest fan of pics so didn't take any during build but after harvey am happy to take some of how it's put together.
The floor is actually laminated flooring and before the build this had been discussed but decided against because there is a bathroom adjacent to the growroom which any flood water would HOPEFULLY drain into. Now you have brought it up i will definitely do as you say next time around.I will thank you NOW for that advice :). Much appreciated.
With regards to speed my bus out a bit please forgive me but i am rather new to this so could you please elaborate.lol
Many thanks for your input and interest.
Happy growing.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thank you ttystikk. As much as i would like to take the credit for building it i can't. My friend Asma has been using similar DIY system for sometime and he was really the one who came up with this.I was just a labourer! He's not the biggest fan of pics so didn't take any during build but after harvey am happy to take some of how it's put together.
The floor is actually laminated flooring and before the build this had been discussed but decided against because there is a bathroom adjacent to the growroom which any flood water would HOPEFULLY drain into. Now you have brought it up i will definitely do as you say next time around.I will thank you NOW for that advice :). Much appreciated.
With regards to speed my bus out a bit please forgive me but i am rather new to this so could you please elaborate.lol
Many thanks for your input and interest.
Happy growing.

I have the need for speed and all I have is this magic bus.... whooo wah, the magic bus!

"Spread your buds" -I have this damnedable keyboard program called 'Swype'- and its Faustian bargain allows for the most inane word substitutions when one least expects them!

Point is this; you see all those super cool shooting towers of buds in everyone's pictures? Well, if you bend those sideways right at the onset of bloom or after up to 4 weeks or so, that whole spear becomes one long arm of buds sticking up, as the plant gathers much more light energy and converts it into more product more efficiently. Do that back and forth across the center of your grow and you'll notice big productivity gains, because that's right where the lights are.

BNB420

BNB420

LOL. I just had an urge to play Fembot In A Wet T Shirt by FZ after that message.It must have been talk of the bus! lol.Do you mean LST? Is it ok to do now they are in flower.? A little scared of breaking them off! My friend Asma was teaching me LST and I snapped just about every one i tried!! Gave me some good experience of topping though. lol.

Last edited:
ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes, it's an LST technique. No, you don't break the branches! You just bend them over so they're sideways instead of pointing at the light. This is a great simple trick to really boost your yield.

BNB420

BNB420

IMG 2467
IMG 2468
IMG 2469
IMG 2471
IMG 2472
IMG 2473
IMG 2474
IMG 2475
Just spent the last few hours working out why the water level in the buckets was all of a sudden varying quite considerably from bucket to bucket.Turns out the roots had blocked the pipes between several buckets resulting in uneven water levels.Turned the recurculating blaster pump off,cleared the roots out from the pipes and the levels were back to normal.Hope this helps if someone has a similar problem.

Day 24 of 12/12.

Top Bottom