• Thread starter The Jewels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Jewels

The Jewels

Trouble One.
Waaay too tall .
20190127 013800

I think this one is the boss, my early fav. She gave me five fingers on her first hand, We have been friends ever since .
20190127 013910

I have never done this before.
Plants a just giv'n 'er . I have read they will double~triple . Lights are hot .
Yikes. I am in trouble .
I am going to be that idiot with buds over the hood.
I am barely over three weeks from seed
I got 2 showing sex
Changes pots
Changes bulb
Changes nutes
Mic drop
36 hours dark.

Never had plants along this far. Still waiting for it to go all to hell .
Dont have to wait very long .

The Jewels

The Jewels

Taco's anyone ?

I ran into some oddities right after flip to 12/12.
Of course , only the same moment I changed everything, including but not limited to- bulbs, ballast, feed, pots, even the water source .
I didnt flinch and plowed straight ahead, being consistent and doing what I had been doing .
Plants are growing like mad .
I did burn that one when it was younger . I was into the foliar feeding a lot then - always to trying to up rh . I think of those as dark times . We did some counseling kind of stuff and I promised I would never do it again .
20190129 212133

I did notice a marked improvement when I started using the liquid nutes.
Recall, this is of my 3rd run at this dance. All told, I have raised now 7-8 plants past the one month mark . Mostly male .
I have never seen the likes of this bulk .
Still Taco leaf .
20190127 144755

20190127 144750

20190127 145131

I understood that I must be missing something very simple. So I decided to keep focusing on the basics.
20190127 145113

I kept trying to push the humidity, although I found my weak humidifier could not raise the humidity whatsoever; it was however very good at coating the entire grow room in white filmy calcium deposits, including the leaves of all of my plants .
Erg .
It eventually occurred to me that I have been running a 400 watt halide boat anchor in there 24/7 up until now. When I switched to flower I was running the thousand watt HPS- but only half the time.
It was just to cold at night .
I brought in a space heater and made a slight fool of myself, thinking it was producing CO2. Oh well . My bald spot is on the back of my head. I dont see it .

Took me a couple of days until I managed to hit the same 19C, everday at lights on.
It is all gravy since then .
Stretch and Taco solved .
Thanks to my friends on the farm .

The Jewels

The Jewels

You Canadian?

Does Peavymart sell barbed wire?

Yes, on the South Sask .

Thanks for the compliments Dan. I do try to give them the attention they deserve . I am muddling thru .
As a first timer, I make observations without palpable reference points . I knew leaf margins were not supposed to clam up like that.
I did not know the reason why.
I knew that the plant was doing its best to grow; it was growing alright,,, but it was also trying to telling me something.

I believe I am getting most of it correct - although it was certainly complaining about something specifically .

I am so far steadfast on following the feeding regiment prescribed by the manufacturer.
I am not one to buy 'the variety pack' ,but I am moving towards hydro and I knew the granules weren't going to do it .
I want to follow the directions (at 40% mind you) because I believe that is the only way I can realistically create a reference point for subsequent grows .
20190206 205820

Four days after flip .
Check out the top tip on the back right hand side ,,, this is going to blow up
20190131 092027

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Does Peavymart sell barbed wire?

Yes, on the South Sask .

Thanks for the compliments Dan. I do try to give them the attention they deserve . I am muddling thru .
As a first timer, I make observations without palpable reference points . I knew leaf margins were not supposed to clam up like that.
I did not know the reason why.
I knew that the plant was doing its best to grow; it was growing alright,,, but it was also trying to telling me something.

I believe I am getting most of it correct - although it was certainly complaining about something specifically .

I am so far steadfast on following the feeding regiment prescribed by the manufacturer.
I am not one to buy 'the variety pack' ,but I am moving towards hydro and I knew the granules weren't going to do it .
I want to follow the directions (at 40% mind you) because I believe that is the only way I can realistically create a reference point for subsequent grows .
View attachment 859239
Four days after flip .
Check out the top tip on the back right hand side ,,, this is going to blow up
View attachment 859241
I was gonna guess sask but I’d better not dox ya too hard lol. Odds are we know each other being 2 of the 14 people who live in sask lol. Cheers

The Jewels

The Jewels

Notice also in that photo; my little helper (that I married) decided she wanted to try out some pruning. She is a slight lass - but heavy-handed with the snippers She took off every single fan leaf on that plant . Not sure how that would turn out.

The Jewels

The Jewels

Subtotal
I have three plants that are bent over. One of the three bent plants has been completely defoliated .
I chose the shortest plant and decided to use it as a control . It has not been bent or otherwise molested .
I did take one shoot, for my first cloning attempt. We will see how it does, just on its own.
I

The Jewels

The Jewels

like the enthusiasm
Indeed , I am having fun .
I use'ta blog my aquarium endevours. I find the husbandry therapeutic . I still have 3 preteens at home,,, dont get a lot of 'me' time.

I do need to purchase some controllers .
The conditions outside the bubble are sooo harsh, one missstep (on my part) and the whole sh'bang collapses overnight.
Not just pause , mind you . I mean like hit the dirt and try to die, type of stuff.
I forget to open a vent -they go to hell
I forget to turn on a fan -they go to hell
I forget to shut off a heater, I blow a fuse and the hand basket comes for me .

Every morning before I go to work I shut off the lights, turn on the heater, tell them not to die before I get home , turn my back and close the door.
Every night befire I retire, I tell them not to die during MY sleep.

The Jewels

The Jewels

18 days 12/12
No more shuffling - everyone stays where they are.
Plants have now affectionately been given names,
I call them

Frontleft - untouched
Frontright - bent and naked
Rearleft - bent
Backright- bent
-Simple enough

Regard Frontleft (FL)
Trying to look all mature like .
20190215 091842

Last edited:
Top Bottom