Hold your nose if you must

• Thread starter Darth Fader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

"Hold your nose if you must, but please vote YES on Prop 19." - DJ Short 10/09/10

Got it DJ, I'm on board.

A

amstercal

I saw your other post about DJ Short's workshop. It sounded very cool. So are you affiliated with MCCDirectory.org? They get money, well at least "support and assistance" from CaNORML, right?

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I have no affiliation w/ MCC (or any MJ organization or activist group) and have no idea about their funding or relationship w/ CA NORML. I attended strictly as a private party out of pure interest. DJ is all about the karma.

DJ noted that "we can deal w/ Monsanto later", meaning all the shortcomings of prop 19.

PS - Consider what happens if Meg Whitman & Steve Cooley win in CA and Obama loses to another drug war crusader.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Yeah, the "No" crowd really has there head in the sand on that particular bit. They are under the impression that the advances from 215 can't be clawed back when the wrong people get elected. Here's the relevant bit:

There is nothing in Proposition 215 or Senate Bill 420 that allowed for the retail, over-the-counter sale of marijuana for medical purposes. The only guidance for dispensaries comes from Attorney General Jerry Brown's guidelines.
We're going to have a new Attorney General come November 2nd in California. It could be Steven Cooley, who has said that, in his legal opinion, all dispensaries... Any dispensary in California where there are cash transactions taking place is illegal and he intends on closing them down.
The Governor of California may very well be Meg Whitman come November 2nd. She says marijuana, in her mind, is public enemy number one.
It makes no sense for the medical cannabis community to be divided over Prop. 19 when we all have the same enemies here. And that's Meg Whitman and Steven Cooley who intend to change the medical marijuana landscape in California dramatically when they get into office.
I would argue that we are all better off with Prop. 19 passing which will allow for the legal, lawful use of marijuana by everybody in limited amounts and allow for the retail sale and distribution of marijuana legally, by statute, in communities that wish to do so and there would be nothing that Meg Whitman or Steve Cooley could do to undermine those freedoms if they are passed into law.

Further, here's a great example of a rogue DA taking down a legit MMJ patient & dispensary owner. Prop 215 sure as shit didn't save his ass. Wait til Cooley runs the show.

215 only gives you a legal argument for medical exception AFTER you've been raided, guns-in-face, arrested, property confiscated, and lots of $$$ spent on legal defense. And even at that point ... it's judge roulette.

Passing Prop 19 and then cleaning up any flawed bits later is the way to go here.

fractal

fractal

I have no affiliation w/ MCC (or any MJ organization or activist group) and have no idea about their funding or relationship w/ CA NORML. I attended strictly as a private party out of pure interest. DJ is all about the karma.

DJ noted that "we can deal w/ Monsanto later", meaning all the shortcomings of prop 19.

PS - Consider what happens if Meg Whitman & Steve Cooley win in CA and Obama loses to another drug war crusader.

OK DJ, time to give it up. . . You are a senile old fuck and it shows by making a statement like that one right above here.

You don't turn your back on the ocean, you don't underestimate the power of psychedelics and you NEVER willingly give over control of something so precious to a twisted corporation like Monsanto.

George Soros, one of the head funders of prop. 19 does that with one hand, his other hand is up to the shoulders in Monsanto, which is his primary investment with billions upon billions invested. That = a DIRECT LINK between Prop 19 and Monsanto, enemy of all that lives. Zero degrees of separation in fact the two are being funded by the same evil genius.

So what the hell DJ? What is your goddamned name anyways you ought to tell us and take responsibility for that stupid-ass quote if you truly believe it. You sound like some tired old loser 60's burnout now.

On that note and to make a point, I dare any of you to name any popular song from the 60's that HAS NOT been used to sell a product! That's right, look what they have become. . .Bloated clones of what they were supposedly fighting back in the day.

G

growermike666

Soros

So DJ says vote for that pig Soros. Fuck Soros. The best thing about Soros is he's over 80 years old and hopefully the hand of death will greet George soon. Soros (Dracula as he's called in Malaysia) has spread grief and oppressed masses around the globe. His wealth comes from others hardship.

Convicted of insider trading, Carlyle group member Drug Kingpin Soros. With all the heroin in Afghanistan and an accused kingpin in the Carlyle Group, makes one wonder if he wants to monopolize the marijuana industry to create a vacuum for his heroin distribution.

These guys are fuckin jokers when they fuck somebody real good they call that philantrophy. And when they oppress and kill people they call it human rights.

George Soros

Hungarian businessman. Jewish; original family name is Schwartz.

Net worth estimated at $11B.
A man of enormous wealth and ability to deploy it in unexpected ways.

Partner in the Carlyle Group.
Was the owner of Harken Energy, and bought its declining shares so that George W Bush could make a million dollars. His reason to do that: "political influence."

As currency speculator, cost the UK a billion dollars in one day.

Hated by Lyndon LaRouche.

Member, Council on Foreign Relations.
Timeline

12 Aug 1930 George Soros born, Budapest Hungary.

1944 Hides for a year from the Nazis, after they invade Hungary.

1947 Leaves Hungary for Britain to attend London School of Economics.

1956 Moves to United States.

1969 Establishes Quantum Fund, and dabbles in currency manipulation. Average return of that fund is an astonishing 35% per year, since its inception.

1979 Establishes Open Society Fund, New York City.

16 Sep 1992 In a brazen act of currency speculation, places a hedge bet that the UK will devalue the Pound Sterling. In September this nets him $1B in a single day.

1995 Appointed director, Council on Foreign Relations.

1997 Attacks the currencies of Thailand and Malaysia. A Thai source said: "We regard George Soros as a kind of Dracula. He sucks blood from the people." [Heather Coffin, Covert Action Quarterly.]

2002 Convicted of insider trading, with regards to the stock of a French bank in 1988. Fined $2M.

Nov 2002 Soros is the primary sponsor of Nevada's ballot initiative to legalize marijuana.
12 Sep 2003 "If you impose morality on [business], it means that you are actually with your hands tied behind your back and you're not going to be successful. It's extremely hard to be successful." Interview, David Brancaccio, Now with Bill Moyers.

7 Nov 2003 Moscow offices of the Soros Foundation stormed by forty armed men who seize papers and seal the building, after Soros criticized the recent jailing of one of Russia's oligarchs, Mikhail Khodorkovsky of oil company Yukos. The building's owner claims rent was not being paid, an unlikely explanation.

31 Mar 2004 While appearing at a human rights conference in Kiev, Ukraine, George Soros is splattered with water and mayonnaise by two members of the radical nationalist group, Bratstvo.

29 Aug 2004 During an interview on Fox News Sunday with host Chris Wallace, Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert insinuates Soros is funneling profits from drug cartels to special interest groups (a baseless accusation):

HASTERT: You know, I don't know where George Soros gets his money. I don't know where — if it comes overseas or from drug groups or where it comes from. And I...
WALLACE: Excuse me?
HASTERT: Well, that's what he's been for a number years — George Soros has been for legalizing drugs in this country. So, I mean, he's got a lot of ancillary interests out there.
WALLACE: You think he may be getting money from the drug cartel?
HASTERT: I'm saying I don't know where [527] groups — could be people who support this type of thing. I'm saying we don't know. The fact is we don't know where this money comes from.

31 Aug 2004 In response to Dennis Hastert's comments on Fox News Sunday, George Soros sends Hastert a fax addressing the allegations:
Your recent comments implying that I am receiving funds from drug cartels are not only untrue, but also deeply offensive. You do a discredit to yourself and to the dignity of your office by engaging in these dishonest smear tactics. You should be ashamed.
[...]

This past Sunday, on national television, you suggested that I might be a criminal simply because I have exercized my First Amendment rights to dissent from the policies of the Bush administration.

[...]

I must respectfully insist that you either substantiate these claims--which you cannot do because they are false--or publicly apologize for attempting to defame my character and damage my reputation.

C

Cannabear

how many threads you gonna make? your ridiculous dude. your spam is nothing more then that. you say that the "NO" crowd has their head in the sand, but your the ignorant one who will vote for something because marc emery, or dj short says to vote for it. come on man. wake up.

your either working for prop 19, or your a casual smoker/small grower who has no idea about the REAL cannabis scene, and wants prop 19 to pass so u can finally have the balls to do something with yourself.

if your a real grower and a smart individual, you will realize prop 19 ,at the very least, is a bullshit bill made to make a few people very rich. who we already went over is your fluff master.

quit posting your spam. this is a forum of growers, and growers know prop 19 is a bad fuckin thing for our sacred plant.

hopefully a mod will deal with you.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

OK DJ, time to give it up. . . You are a senile old fuck and it shows by making a statement like that one right above here.

LOL, I can assure you that firstly, DJ isn't THAT old, and secondly that he is quite lucid. Dennis Peron on the other hand ... quite feeble and not altogether there with all due respect to his contributions. No comparison.

M

mrdizzle

im sick of "famous" people telling me what to do. DJ short, you can deep throat my 9 inch

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

how many threads you gonna make? your ridiculous dude. your spam is nothing more then that. you say that the "NO" crowd has their head in the sand, but your the ignorant one who will vote for something because marc emery, or dj short says to vote for it. come on man. wake up.

As many as I want. If you don't like it you can kiss my white @ss. How's that?

your either working for prop 19, or your a casual smoker/small grower who has no idea about the REAL cannabis scene, and wants prop 19 to pass so u can finally have the balls to do something with yourself.

... and you're one of the soul-less greedy commercial growers who want to maintain prohibition for profits - same as the cartels, gangs, DEA, alcohol & pharacuetical corporations.

if your a real grower and a smart individual, you will realize prop 19 ,at the very least, is a bullshit bill made to make a few people very rich. who we already went over is your fluff master.

I don't care who gets rich. See, that's the difference between you and I; I don't care who gets rich, I'm not a hater. I care about the movement to end prohibition.

quit posting your spam. this is a forum of growers, and growers know prop 19 is a bad fuckin thing for our sacred plant.

wow, that's funny how you call my posts spam when the entirety of your posts boil down to accusation, insult, and "it's bad". What brilliant analysis!! Way to go! So tell us what you think is going to happen when Cooley and Whitman are elected? Besides raids and dispensaries getting shut down & more prosecutions, people continuing to go to jail?

hopefully a mod will deal with you.

hopefully they'll deal with you for being such a douche and trying to bully people who have the brains enough to see the writing on the wall.

A

amstercal

DF-Where does Cannabear bully you? I see you throwing "douche" out there, but did anyone call you names?

Also, none of your posts even mention merits of the prop anymore. I can understand you feel ganged up on, but the personal attacks are coming from your side.

I honestly just don't get why anyone would want prop 19 other than some kid-like awe at their mistakenly thinking it will "make it legal." I hope we can keep this civil because I really would like to hear the other side.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

DF-Where does Cannabear bully you? I see you throwing "douche" out there, but did anyone call you names?

Also, none of your posts even mention merits of the prop anymore. I can understand you feel ganged up on, but the personal attacks are coming from your side.

WTF? That's odd. Did you honestly miss it or are you just reading selectively?

You didn't see the post where he calls me Richard Lee's fluffer? He refers to it himself above.

And to impugn Marc Emery is pretty low class IMO. He's done more for the movement than ANYONE here. He's funded innumerable projects & initiatives, paid for the legal of people he didn't even know, stuck it to the DEA as much as he possibly could, and made himself into a convict and political prisoner - he didn't flee Canada for the safety of Europe. He's not trying to fly under the radar & count his $$$, he's putting it (and his own skin) into the movement. He's a genuine hero.

C

Cannabear

As many as I want. If you don't like it you can kiss my white @ss. How's that?
internet tough talk. u got me shakin. itll be funny when your banned.

... and you're one of the soul-less greedy commercial growers who want to maintain prohibition for profits - same as the cartels, gangs, DEA, alcohol & pharacuetical corporations.

yes i am a commercial grower, and i put food on my families table by selling cannabis to medical patients who need it. i have been doing this probably longer then you've been around. i have seen cannabis's value fall tremendously over the years. why should my family starve so some fuckin idiot recreational user like yourself can be cool and smoke pot like in the movies. I have a love for cannabis that you never will. i respect it, and i think its worth much more then what we sell it for these days. i deserve every penny i get for my top notch flowers. and you can go to hell for calling me a cartel or gang for providing patients with top notch medication that they are more then happy to pay 55 an 1/8th for. why would you want to put every grower who shaped this state to be what it is today out of business? WHY? because your a dumbass kid who doesnt know a fucking thing about the REAL cannabis scene. Your supporting a proposition that will essentially END an era of california growers who will all now be out of a job. this is how you repay us for shaping this cannabis scene into what it is? THANKS.

I don't care who gets rich. See, that's the difference between you and I; I don't care who gets rich, I'm not a hater. I care about the movement to end prohibition.

im not a hater, but like i said, my family deserves to eat dont they? oh wait, i guess they dont because im just like the mexican mofia.. your hilarious.

wow, that's funny how you call my posts spam when the entirety of your posts boil down to accusation, insult, and "it's bad". What brilliant analysis!! Way to go! So tell us what you think is going to happen when Cooley and Whitman are elected? Besides raids and dispensaries getting shut down & more prosecutions, people continuing to go to jail?

its not accusation at all. more people will go to jail if prop 19 passes. ITS FACT! if your to blind to see that, maybe you should do us all a favor and not vote.

hopefully they'll deal with you for being such a douche and trying to bully people who have the brains enough to see the writing on the wall.

Im not bullying anyone buddy.. no need to get your panties in a wad.. your supporting a bill that you dont know the long term effects of. you see "legalization" and start drooling even if its not legalization in any way shape or form..

im not the one who needs to wake up buddy. YOU ARE. go back to your little closet growroom in your mommies house...because thats all you are is a punk kid talkin out his ass and copying what others say.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

i have been doing this probably longer then you've been around. i have seen cannabis's value fall tremendously over the years. why should my family starve so some fuckin idiot recreational user like yourself can be cool and smoke pot like in the movies.I have a love for cannabis that you never will. i respect it, and i think its worth much more then what we sell it for these days. i deserve every penny i get for my top notch flowers. and you can go to hell for calling me a cartel or gang for providing patients with top notch medication that they are more then happy to pay 55 an 1/8th for. why would you want to put every grower who shaped this state to be what it is today out of business? WHY? because your a dumbass kid who doesnt know a fucking thing about the REAL cannabis scene. Your supporting a proposition that will essentially END an era of california growers who will all now be out of a job. this is how you repay us for shaping this cannabis scene into what it is? THANKS.

The truth comes out.
At least you admit it.

But ... repay you? for what? You've enjoyed over-inflated black-market prices for all these years. That WAS the payment for the risk.

So we should continue Prohibition for your own economic interests? Prohibition WILL end and that black market is going away. That's the writing on the wall. Eventually you're going to have to deal with the free-market like everyone in our crappy day-to-day's. How did you think "Overgrow the man" was gonna end? But don't blame me. If this bill was perfect you'd STILL have to compete w/ a massive amt of new small-op commercial growers pumping out 10-20lb at a time.

So two things: 1. There will still be a black-market in and out of state for years to come, incl $5k/p on the East Coast. 2. Work a new initiative to ban warehouse super-grows and create a place for smaller independent commercial growers.

And finally, the herb growing in my puny 3'x3' under my wimpy 400w is just as sacred as your Fields O'Plenty.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Save Black Market Pricing! Vote NO on Prop 19!

So check out my new sig. Hope you dig it. Here's the thing. As I explained in the other other thread - prices are directly related to the risk involved in growing & selling - simple economics that everyone understands. But for some reason the don't understand that by the very same economic law, price MUST and WILL come down when the risk is reduced or eliminated. So now you have this group of people (growers - Marc Emery's 3rd group) that really want a situation that is economically impossible - low/no risk with high-risk prices. It's economic law, it doesn't work that way. Either we get a low risk/low price scenario, legalization OR MMJ, where risk goes away (talkin' legit, without the Cooleys & Dumanis') or we get high risk/high price. If we work one of the low/no-risk scenarios into fruition, then growers must be prepared to compete in the marketplace and that means lower prices anyway you cut it. Even if you legislate away corporate warehouse grows, you're still going to have thousands or tens of thousands of new small-op commercial grows - the new CA gold rush. Competition is inevitable and so is the end of the black market premium.

A

amstercal

I think that's oversimplifying. There are many factors that go into price. Because cities would get to determine how stores will operate, price could vary from city to city. CA voters LOVE to vote in new taxes for cigarette smokers. Who's to say they won't keep upping the taxes because it's no longer medical? If the taxes become twice the price, that will be more of a factor than any supply/demand/risk scenarios.

You may feel the reason people want to vote no is financial, but you don't speak for me. Your fancy patriotic-colored signature is nice propaganda, but it has nothing to do with most of the people I know who are voting no.

And maybe it should say... Think you are ending prohibition but really just change a few things, not to the benefit of everyone, mainly just so we can say that we did it! Vote Yes on Prop 19!

Ok, that was snarky, but the blue and red was causing a seizure. :-)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
your fooling yourself if you think weed will get cheaper after prop 19

Latest posts

Top Bottom